The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Could it be called the Immaculate Pardon?

sid waddell

Right wing nut jobs like Jeannine Pirro and Steve King are now comparing social media finally clamping down on fascists and Nazis to, wait for it, Kristallnacht

These are the same sort of people who tried to vilify AOC for correctly saying that the Trump regime was running concentration camps

History is purely a tool of Orwellian abuse for these fascist scumbags

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on January 11, 2021, 02:57:46 PM
The Immaculate Conception was satirised as rape by RTE last week

But nobody has to use any satire whatsoever to call Trump a rapist

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 03:00:57 PM
Right wing nut jobs like Jeannine Pirro and Steve King are now comparing social media finally clamping down on fascists and Nazis to, wait for it, Kristallnacht

These are the same sort of people who tried to vilify AOC for correctly saying that the Trump regime was running concentration camps

History is purely a tool of Orwellian abuse for these fascist scumbags

When you are relying on Steve King, a man too overtly racist for even the GOP under Trump, to make your argument, you don't have much of a case.

But of course the more they beat this drum, the less time they have to spend thinking or talking about the murderous riot they unleashed on the US Capitol building and the presidential succession.

trueblue1234

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 03:02:14 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 11, 2021, 02:57:46 PM
The Immaculate Conception was satirised as rape by RTE last week

But nobody has to use any satire whatsoever to call Trump a rapist

They'd want to have a look at what the immaculate conception is about then. Along with the majority of the population.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Not many theologians on this Board I suspect😇
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Democrats going for impeachment, will be tight for time.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2021, 05:04:14 PM

Whatever the outcome, he has to be impeached. Incitement of a murderous riot cannot be allowed to stand.

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2021, 03:59:31 PM
You probably think an immaculate conception is what can result after man rapes sheep.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2021, 05:13:17 PM

Whatever the outcome, he has to be impeached. Incitement of a murderous riot cannot be allowed to stand.
Attempted coup

Do you think the Republicans will vote to convict, even post January 20th?

I thought for a day or two they might - as this would be in the best interests of both the Republican party and the US itself, but my belief that that could happen has waned

I've been watching a lot of Fox over the last several days as research and they are even deeper down the rabbit hole than ever, so I think the Republicans will vote to acquit

I came across a programme on Fox last night presented by a guy called Steve Hilton, an English guy, a former Tory adviser

It actually made me do that sort of Sideshow Bob type shudder, it somehow felt even worse and even more brain rotting than watching Carlson or Hannity or Fox and Friends

Rossfan

Quote from: Main Street on January 11, 2021, 05:29:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2021, 03:59:31 PM
You probably think an immaculate conception is what can result after man rapes sheep.

Don't give up the day job
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

CNN Brian Stelter comment on Trump's forced exile, 'although he's a non drinker, it's as if he's an alcoholic and they've taken away all his keys'.

blasmere

More major companies disassociating themselves from the GOP insurrectionists

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1348689251223949322?s=19
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

J70

FRom one of the linked threads in that post

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2021, 05:13:17 PM

Attempted coup

Do you think the Republicans will vote to convict, even post January 20th?

I thought for a day or two they might - as this would be in the best interests of both the Republican party and the US itself, but my belief that that could happen has waned

I've been watching a lot of Fox over the last several days as research and they are even deeper down the rabbit hole than ever, so I think the Republicans will vote to acquit

I came across a programme on Fox last night presented by a guy called Steve Hilton, an English guy, a former Tory adviser

It actually made me do that sort of Sideshow Bob type shudder, it somehow felt even worse and even more brain rotting than watching Carlson or Hannity or Fox and Friends

Lately it sounds like you're the one down the rabbit hole.
I never understand how some people in Ireland get so wound up about the politics of a foreign country on a different continent.