Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on May 05, 2021, 10:57:09 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 05, 2021, 10:25:06 AM
U r all very NEgative!
if county isnt playing can the county players play for their club that day???????????????????/
County players are unavailable to they exit thei USF championship
so the lad in the CounTy panel who isnt getting on and getting no game time will go months without a match . Remember panel can b 30 plus so I could see some boys quitting county panel just to Get games

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 09, 2021, 08:51:48 PM
U r all very NEgative!
if county isnt playing can the county players play for their club that day???????????????????/
so the lad in the CounTy panel who isnt getting on and getting no game time will go months without a match . Remember panel can b 30 plus so I could see some boys quitting county panel just to Get games

County Manager usually let fringe players play club games for game time, although with no relegation in league football, there is less pressure to do so in 2021

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on May 10, 2021, 07:44:35 AM
U r all very NEgative!

County Manager usually let fringe players play club games for game time, although with no relegation in league football, there is less pressure to do so in 2021
thought u were saying they cant now?

delgany

:'(
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 10, 2021, 05:10:42 PM
Quote from: delgany on May 10, 2021, 07:44:35 AM
U r all very NEgative!

thought u were saying they cant now?

Fringe players are there  for a reason, your first 24 players wont be playing club games to championship is over  on / after 4th July . The fringe players may well get club games during National League as you can only have a panel of 24 on match days

asaffgael

Any news on the county panel?

Is everyone fit and available?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: asaffgael on May 12, 2021, 02:31:09 PM
Any news on the county panel?

Is everyone fit and available?
It as secretive as a DUP leadership contest!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBallWeeBall

You'll know something at 5 today to keep you interested

Belfast GAA man

Looks strong team all righT. I hear small has a big future

BrendanAntrim

Is that Justin Crozier in the subs?

bannside

Unlikely that's either the stating team or even positional team. I'll wait till I see who lines out tomorrow before casting judgement. Good luck to everyone, start of a new era.

bannside

Yes Brendan. Justy is back and great to see. Also Niall Mc Keever back in the fold. Gives us more options.

imtommygunn

Good to see Crozier back. Always wondered what happened to Kevin small. When I saw him at minor he was probably the best I have seen play for Antrim at that level.

BrendanAntrim

Yeah - I remember a minor championship match v Fermanagh, he was unplayable. It was brilliant to watch. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. A win would be brilliant, feed into the feel good factor following the hurlers massive win last week.

John Egans left boot

Interesting game many of them lads have an all Ireland medal with galls?? Mc bride??