Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Tyson at his peak was unreal, I personally think he was the greatest heavyweight ever but he was of my era and I watched (experienced) a lot of his fights, I can't say the same for Ali, Foreman, Frazier and the long list of Champs before them, few good uns since Tyson but not as good.

Man Marker

The aggression, ferocity, power and shear badness that Tyson had for the short period he dominated was simply insane. Started to fall apart before the Buster Douglas fight, then he went to jail for rape. Got his act together in there and came out and butchered a few warm ups before destroying Bruno to regain the world title. After that we never saw the same Tyson. Parties, woman and drugs with multiple people taking advantage of his vulnerability.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quigley well outclassed last night :(

nrico2006

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 20, 2021, 01:00:46 PM
Quigley well outclassed last night :(

Quigleys career has been pretty poor to be honest, given the expectations associated with him after his world Silver.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Sky have added a few fights from the greatest era ever to their downloads, SRL V Duran, Hagler v Hearns just about to start on SS Arena.

ziggy90

Quote from: bennydorano on December 12, 2021, 11:29:23 AM
Sky have added a few fights from the greatest era ever to their downloads, SRL V Duran, Hagler v Hearns just about to start on SS Arena.
Can you watch on catch-up?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

Not sure tbh. They were on the TV Schedule Sunday a couple of times. Normally on demand a day or 2 after being shown for the first time.

bennydorano

Fack me that's a proper 1st round

screenexile

That was harsh I mean yeah there's no way Khan was knocking him out but he was still able to fight!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on February 19, 2022, 11:17:36 PM
That was harsh I mean yeah there's no way Khan was knocking him out but he was still able to fight!
Come on it was a bit of a battering.

Solo_run

Khan couldn't throw a punch and could barely defend himself. He was spent.

Milltown Row2

The physicality of Brook was a factor, Khan shadow of himself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Great scrap.

I thought it was a tad early but ref could see more than us. Better too early as too late i suppose

nrico2006

Both should retire now, well past their best.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

That was absolutely disgusting lads Jesus no way he won that fight!!