Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Replays showing ref blew after ball had went in. Clear goal, move on. I'm surprised it's generating
V so much conversation on tv. Arsenal passing a lot slicker and both teams are chronic trying to play the ball out from the back. A real composed defensive midfielder would turn the Utd team around.

Jeepers Creepers

Decent ding ding now. 800 goals for clubs and country for Ronaldo.

screenexile

Stonewall penalty Arsenal gonna Arsenal!!

David McKeown

How did he give it though.  I mean apparently its all about when the whistle is blown and the ball was in midfield before he blew the whistle
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Quote from: David McKeown on December 02, 2021, 09:47:57 PM
How did he give it though.  I mean apparently its all about when the whistle is blown and the ball was in midfield before he blew the whistle

Have you heard of VAR??

You're clutching at straws I'm afraid David!!

David McKeown

I think the sarcasm may have been lost there
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Apologies... it's been a long week!!

Helix.

A win's a win in context of where they're at at the moment. Ronaldo doing what he does best. 800+goals for club and country. Still quite sloppy in defence Aubameyang missing a sitter. Could have went either way. How referee didn't give penalty in real time is beyond me.
Hopefully United will go on a winning run over the Christmas with set of fixtures they have!

Jeepers Creepers

Carrick to leave with immediate effect. His decision. Interesting.

Cunny Funt

Hard earned and much needed 3 points for United. Might have won more comfortably if such a bizarre opener wasn't conceded. 12 goals and 2 assists is not too shabby in 16 appearances for a 36 year old on his return. Plenty of issues with United on and off the field but Ronaldo is far down the list of issues. I'd say it was a big eye opener for the watching Rangnick.

Helix.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2021, 10:29:55 PM
Hard earned and much needed 3 points for United. Might have won more comfortably if such a bizarre opener wasn't conceded. 12 goals and 2 assists is not too shabby in 16 appearances for a 36 year old on his return. Plenty of issues with United on and off the field but Ronaldo is far down the list of issues. I'd say it was a big eye opener for the watching Rangnick.

Time will tell. Agree Ronaldo least of concerns atm. Took the chances well as he usually does. Hoping Sancho and Van de Beek get a decent run over the course of next few weeks too!  Looking forward to see how Rangnick will do. Hopefully some bit of rotation for Young boys game considering top is guaranteed.

Hound

Quote from: David McKeown on December 02, 2021, 09:47:57 PM
You're hilarious David. You're 100% in the wrong and too pig headed to listen to reason!

When there is no foul, all that matters is the whistle.

Think about offside now with VAR. When a linesman thinks there's an offside but is not 100%, he lets play go on. If a goal is scored then they check the offside to decide whether to allow it or bring it back for the offside. Whereas if the whistle went before the ball crossed the line, they have to disallow the goal even if the player was onside.

Now use that giant brain you pretend to have to apply it to the first Arsenal goal, where the officials got it completely right.

snoopdog

A hard got victory last night.  Poor performance though. Very few shining lights. Ronaldo obviously. Lindelof was good. De gea apart from lying down when fred trampled him.  Dalot was decent.  Telles had a good first half not so good second. Fred diabolical in 1st half but dare I say excellent in second. What has happened bruno. I'd give him a break for a few weeks. Maguire stealing a living as he jas done since joining utd. Mctominay is a headless chicken. Ralf has a massive job on his hands and I'm not sure these guys won't throw him under the bus like they did ole and jose. But some players need dropped and I hope he drops or rests them. Carrick should've went with Ole he was part of the problem at the end. Did he steady the ship or get lucky with his 3 results.couldve lost all 3 easily enough.   Not sure why rashford and sancho weren't swapped

Boycey

801 goals, over 300 since he turned 30 plus 70 odd international goals since then too. Freak

Armagh18

De Gea completely at fault for the goal lying down on his line with feck all wrong with him and game going ahead. Joke that Bailly was dropped, I'd have him way ahead of Slab and Lindelof atm.

Ronaldo the best to ever do it.