AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

seafoid

Quote from: greatpoint on September 11, 2021, 12:56:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 11, 2021, 11:53:31 AM
Quote from: thefont on September 11, 2021, 11:07:09 AM
Despite all the press I've seen no mention of the real connection between the competing counties which involved a migration of Irish speaking families to the Ballycroy / Inishbiggle area in the 19th century sometime (I think).

From a quick google I couldn't find anything conclusive - I only heard it myself in this video where an elderly man mentions his family are from Tyrone and names other families that migrated West (link below) - Ó Domhnaill, Ó Cleirigh, Ó hEinrí.

https://youtu.be/me5BMR38jvU?t=172

Good luck to both teams from a very nervous Maigheoach!

Must read up on that, interesting, however those are Cenal Chonaill names

O'Donnell and O'Clery are definitely Tír Chonaill names.
I think the migration was mid 1600s with Cromwell tours
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: greatpoint on September 11, 2021, 02:53:18 PM
Was thinking Mayo might just do it this time, their performance against Dublin maybe slightly more impressive than Tyrone's against Kerry.

But then I saw David Brady's tweet and the quotes from Andy Moran. Yiz never learn do yiz?

Two former players say a few silly things and you tarnish a whole county with arrogance.

No matter what a county says before an All Ireland. It's still the same embarrassing feeling when you lose!

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2021, 11:06:12 AM
Winning margin 1-3 points seems like the best value 15/4 either team or 8/1 the draw
Two fivers on Diarmuid O'Connor for me, for a bit of fun

To score first point of game - 33/1
To get first yellow card of game - 20/1

hoynevalley

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2021, 03:39:10 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on September 11, 2021, 02:53:18 PM
Was thinking Mayo might just do it this time, their performance against Dublin maybe slightly more impressive than Tyrone's against Kerry.

But then I saw David Brady's tweet and the quotes from Andy Moran. Yiz never learn do yiz?

Two former players say a few silly things and you tarnish a whole county with arrogance.

No matter what a county says before an All Ireland. It's still the same embarrassing feeling when you lose!

Would call it confidence rather than arrogance. With kerry out of the way mayo will be strong favourites. Think kerry played their final the last day.

Capt Pat

A hesitant vote to Mayo by a point. It should be a good game.

clarshack

Feels like we are out numbered by Mayo supporters here.

BennyCake

Joe McQuillan as referee. Now Ger Canning on commentary. Tyrone winning will put the feckin' tin hat on it!

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Cunny Funt

Oisin Mullen starting instead Enda Hession no real surprise there. Any late change for Tyrone?

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on September 11, 2021, 04:31:13 PM
Feels like we are out numbered by Mayo supporters here.

Mayo have had the last 10 years experience of getting tickets. Plus they had extra weeks on Tyrone to forage!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Schkite

Morgan rattled already, not a good sign

Aaron Boone

Mayo an amazing start.  This looks real, winners waiting on the podium. 

Milltown Row2

Two doctors running on for that tackle? They'll be busy today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea