Quote from: clubman21 on January 27, 2022, 12:16:30 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on January 27, 2022, 12:10:20 PM
Quote from: clubman21 on January 27, 2022, 10:56:16 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on January 26, 2022, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 26, 2022, 07:38:01 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 26, 2022, 06:51:56 PM
UUJ v MTU Cork live on facebook https://www.facebook.com/HigherEdGAA/

0:7 - 0:4 at HT
UUJ very wasteful - should have the match won already given how much of the ball they have had.
MTU Cork look very limited.
Unless something dramatic happens UUJ will win this.
If they want to go further will have to sharpen up their forward play.

Whats the story with UUJ they seems to have some panel of players every year is it the same this year.
Strong, 10 tyrone men on the pitch at a stage and canavan wasnt one of them. Galligan midfield and Glass to come back for the business end

The smell of £$£$. Simple as.
Would defintely agree with this about past teams containing cillian o connor, andy moran etc but this teams largely based around tyrones u20 success a few years back. Mckernan and Galligan the 2 household names thus far to have featured.

Not in the loop here at all how does ££££'s come into College Ball??

Scholarships & bursaries, ease alot of student debt!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on January 27, 2022, 05:45:09 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on January 27, 2022, 04:59:04 PM

UUJ very wasteful - should have the match won already given how much of the ball they have had.

Whats the story with UUJ they seems to have some panel of players every year is it the same this year.
Strong, 10 tyrone men on the pitch at a stage and canavan wasnt one of them. Galligan midfield and Glass to come back for the business end

Would defintely agree with this about past teams containing cillian o connor, andy moran etc but this teams largely based around tyrones u20 success a few years back. Mckernan and Galligan the 2 household names thus far to have featured.

Would all colleges not provide sports scholarships?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

twohands!!!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 06:22:33 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 27, 2022, 05:45:09 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on January 27, 2022, 04:59:04 PM

Would all colleges not provide sports scholarships?

I think the fact that the rules on eligibility were tightened up a good bit has had a serious affect in terms of the makeup of Sigerson and Fitzgibbon teams compared to a few years back.
In previous years that were big intercounty names doing 3rd and 4th diplomas.
There was talk of lads signing up to do courses but not attending any lectures/doing any exams and only being seen on campus for training and games.
I think this has pretty much been stamped out now based on looking at the various team sheets and squads and the age profiles.
I doubt there is much in the way of shenanigans/horse-trading in terms of sponsorships/bursaries going on this year.

In terms of the UU game, I would describe UU as very wasteful given how much of the ball they had.
2-11 was a poor return for the amount of ball they had, especially given how poor the MTU Cork defence were.
MTU Cork were absolutely awful - the fact that 6 of the MTU Cork team lined out for Cork during the McGrath Cup is absolutely shocking in terms of where Cork football is at.
I could definitely see the wheels coming off for UU when they come up against a better defense and don't have 75% plus in terms of possession.

Milltown Row2

With the water break now finished for clubs and counties will colleges follow suit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 06:54:38 PM
With the water break now finished for clubs and counties will colleges follow suit?
Already gone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2022, 07:20:26 PM
Already gone.

I'd done a game on Tuesday and it was still happening at colleges..

Glad to see the back of it

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2022, 07:20:26 PM
Already gone.

I'd done a game on Tuesday and it was still happening at colleges..

Glad to see the back of it
Last night was the first games since water breaks was scrapped and they should have been scrapped much sooner. Can start next on getting rid of the forward mark.

toby47

Any of the games being streamed?

Blowitupref

Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2022, 01:27:58 PM
Only one of the Quarter finals is streamed it seems.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

toby47

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 01, 2022, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2022, 01:27:58 PM
Only one of the Quarter finals is streamed it seems.

What game? Jerome Quinn?

Blowitupref

Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2022, 02:23:10 PM
What game? Jerome Quinn?
On the image provided. Not sure who's doing the commentary.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

johnnycool

I see it's UU (University of Ulster) which I now presume it now encompasses all campus' including Magee and Coleraine, is that right or do they still compete in their own right at a lower level?

general_lee

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2022, 03:25:09 PM
I see it's UU (University of Ulster) which I now presume it now encompasses all campus' including Magee and Coleraine, is that right or do they still compete in their own right at a lower level?
Magee & Coleraine still compete in the 3rd tier afaik

Milltown Row2

Always thought it should contain the heap as they all fall under the same college, so I'd assume so. But I've ref'd the games with UUJ and Coleraine before in the leagues. I see from that page above it has UU and not UUJ

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2022, 03:35:22 PM

Always thought it should contain the heap as they all fall under the same college, so I'd assume so. But I've ref'd the games with UUJ and Coleraine before in the leagues. I see from that page above it has UU and not UUJ

Just changed name i believe to UU as they are now not solely at Jordanstown, so moved away from using UUJ.