Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Emmett

Maybe I am just an optimist but I feel that all this doom and gloom and talk of relegation is way over the top. Fermanagh were poor last night, but we won so surely that is a good sign.

Sorry FermGael but Fermanagh were missing a lot of very important players last night and we all know that we do not have the resources to cope with that. Players to come into the team during the league are Shane Goan, Damian Kelly, Peter Sherry, Marty McGrath, Eamonn Maguire and Rory Gallagher. Those six players would improve the side immeasurably and I would be very hopeful that Clucker will return towards the latter part of the league as well. It is vital that he is back at CHB, that was very obvious last night.

I will be going to Belfast in 2 weeks time confident that we will improve and come away with a result. My team for the Antrim game would be......

Breen
Goan
Lyons
Bogue
McElroy
Mulrone
P Sherry (if not fit then Rory Foy)
J Sherry
Carson (it would be a shame to move him from FF but needs must)
Kelly (if fit)
R Jones
Flaherty
M Keenan
Gallagher (if available)
D Keenan

ExiledGael

I'm afraid I'm going to have to err on the side of pescimism myself.
Last night was as bad as I can recall, the one good thing is that we will be under absolutely no illusions goin up to Casement Park in a few weeks time.
All you could do was laugh at the full time whistle. We urgently need a few leaders back in the team and all that talk of Frog is not as ridiculous as it may sound.

FermGael

exiled is there any serious word of Frog returning??
I know i have not been his biggest fan but he is needed at the moment
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ExiledGael

I really haven't a clue, and I'd guess Frog himself might not even. Going by last night however, and considering we won't have Owens, Clucker or Brady for the foreseeable future, he would be a much better option.
I think O'Rourke is just persevering with these new young players though as Shane Lyons and Shane Goan spent about an hour warming up last night without ever coming on.
Maybe surviving in the Division and getting some valuable experience for these fellas is the only target for now.

haranguerer

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 14, 2010, 10:20:51 PM
I really haven't a clue, and I'd guess Frog himself might not even. Going by last night however, and considering we won't have Owens, Clucker or Brady for the foreseeable future, he would be a much better option.
I think O'Rourke is just persevering with these new young players though as Shane Lyons and Shane Goan spent about an hour warming up last night without ever coming on.
Maybe surviving in the Division and getting some valuable experience for these fellas is the only target for now.

It must be aright.

I'd agree that Frog would be a good addition to that team that played the other night - he'd have strengthened it greatly.

But when it comes to the summer, where would you have him? CHB is the only place where I feel he wouldnt be exposed to catastrophic levels, and Clucker will be back. As EG says, there are other players on the squad who can strengthen the team, I dont think it would be right to go begging Frog to come out of retirement (which I've no doubt he would do, because hes never let Fermanagh down, well, intentionally at least), have him play a few league games, then discard him in the summer, which is the only thing that could happen.

There are too many players being blooded at once I feel, but if we can get through the league, then we should see the benefit of it over the next few years. That must be the thinking of MOR, for I would have fancied Egon to do a job on their full fwd, put Goan in the corner, and let Bogue f**k about at CHB: woud have tightened that defence considerably.

unitedireland

What can the management do if the established players don't want to play. The players in the squad currently are some of the best club players in the county.
Brian Cody one said that he picked players from different clubs and brought them to the required level.

haranguerer

The lads I was talking about that could stregthen the team are on the panel...

The Hammer

Its all politics !! Where's your man quigley ? Why is he not playing in county colours ? Closest things fermanagh has to an out and out scorer.

haranguerer

Quote from: The Hammer on February 19, 2010, 04:20:26 PM
Its all politics !! Where's your man quigley ? Why is he not playing in county colours ? Closest things fermanagh has to an out and out scorer.

You're right, it is all politics.

And unfortunately for us, Quigley usually plays the part of Michael Stone... :D

sammymaguire

Quote from: The Hammer on February 19, 2010, 04:20:26 PM

http://www.impartialreporter.com/sport/football/articles/2010/02/04/390755-whitey-turns-to-gaa-star-quigley/
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Holy fcuk!  :o

The Impartial spelt Roslea with one 'S'. Never thought I'd see that!

sammymaguire

Quote from: haranguerer on February 19, 2010, 09:10:28 PM
Holy fcuk!  :o

The Impartial spelt Roslea with one 'S'. Never thought I'd see that!

had to be in the soccer section not the GAA of course  :D  :D or maybe its just an online error
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Caid

Quote from: GAAsupporter on February 26, 2010, 11:05:21 PM
Fermanagh Scor Sinsear Final 2moro night (Saturday 27th February) in Newtownbutler at 8pm.

;D

You support Fermanagh and Tyrone?!  Sorry I won't be going to the Scor as it probably won't be on - you clearly are a man that shouldn't be trusted!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

unitedireland

The county board would need to start doing its job and arrange the u21 final. This competition has turned into a joke.
Also when are the fixtures out for the senior league????

GAAsupporter

Fermanagh Scor Sinsear Winners 2010;

Irish Dancing; Newtownbutler
Solo Singing; (Jean Monaghan) Belnaleck
Instrumental Music; Derrygonnelly
Recititation; (Malachy McConnell) Belnaleck
Ballad Group; Newtownbutler
Novelty Act; Lisnaskea
Set Dancing; None
Quiz; St. Pats.

:)

Trophy for best club in Scor....... St Joseph's Ederney. ;D

Ulster Semi Final (Cavan, Monaghan and Fermanagh reps) Friday 12th March 2010 at 8pm in Stradone Community Centre Co.Cavan.
Are ye well?