Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on October 22, 2009, 03:20:09 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 22, 2009, 02:36:32 PM
I like the way the moderator changed the posts above to take out much of johnneycool's over the top reaction, but left in his use of the word 'arsehole'.

Is the mod trying to tell us something?

Didn't even realise that he/she did that and granted I may have been a tad over the top but sometimes its hard to read such condescending pooh from someone with nothing more than a passing interest in hurling but excels at the slurry agitation.
And him a man of uncertain provenance too!
Quote from: hardstation on October 25, 2009, 04:26:19 PM
He does it. He has led his team to glory in a premier competition!

All hail Milltown Row! Milltown Row for Antrim!!!
Dr. John is poised to make a shock announcement tomorrow that Milltown Row will be taking charge of the Antrim seniors with support in the backroom from Dinny Cahill. They have a 3 year plan to get MR off the drink.

ONeill

Well done, I suppose. Overshadowed by the other premier competition result though, the junior.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sammymaguire

when is the League Final pencilled in for? an upcoming Sunday at Brewster?? or Saturday under lights again?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

KIDDO 4

League final SunNov 8th 2.30pm BrewsterPark.

sammymaguire

cheers Kiddo, hopefully Roslea can cap off a fine season with some well overdue silverware  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

Ulster Junior Championship

Belnaleck 1-4 1-14 Molville

Ulster Intermediate Championship

Kinawley 0-13 0-15 Lavey
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

KIDDO 4

The league final will take place on Sat night next, Nov7th at Brewster Park at  6.30pm

Caid

Quote from: FermPundit on November 01, 2009, 05:07:31 PM
Ulster Junior Championship

Belnaleck 1-4 1-14 Molville

Ulster Intermediate Championship

Kinawley 0-13 0-15 Lavey

Hard luck to Kinawley. Sounds like they put up a decent showing
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

saffron sam2

Disappointing to relate that the success seems to have been celebrated with a bit of dabbing down Milltown Row (note capital letters to remove any ambiguity), although the pugilism by all accounts was marginally less skilled than the 'hurling' earleir in the day.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

Involved in what? never heard about a fight that night.

what happened?

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on November 02, 2009, 09:49:44 PM
Involved in what? never heard about a fight that night.

what happened?

I heard someone was trying to give a high profile hurling mentor a bit of manners, but he is unlikely to try that again.

Must have happened after you left, off to plot the downfall of the Tribesmen no doubt. Good luck with that by the way.

Minder

That is disappointing to hear, discipline does not end when the final whistle goes. A reflection on management some would say, I would not be one of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

greeny

It comes as no surprise to me to hear of the lack of discipline from St Galls. The lack of basic manners from their supporters in Brewster park was nothing short of a disgrace!!

The only thing Gall cud hurl is abuse!

milltown row

Quote from: greeny on November 03, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
It comes as no surprise to me to hear of the lack of discipline from St Galls. The lack of basic manners from their supporters in Brewster park was nothing short of a disgrace!!

The only thing Gall cud hurl is abuse!

::) ::)

saffron sam2

I was reading on another thread about how a player once got himself sent off deliberately in London so he could catch a flight home to play a championship match in Tyrone. This got me thinking about the red card (I know, another one) dished out to a St. Gall's player in the Ulster Intermediate 'hurling' final. Here was a guy who had been taken off injured against Cavan Gaels. His 'hurling' manager has a reputation for not taking off his footballers even if (as in this case) the opposition team is being iniolated. So did the balding Lothario cunningly decide to conserve his energies for the football? Or was it more indiscipline from the milltown men?