Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

ExiledGael

Full-time Roslea 2-6 St Pat's 0-6.
Goals won it, not a great deal in the game but the damage was done early.
Seamie Quigley probably the difference. Donagh a little unlucky not to get a goal through Gary Maguire but in truth they never looked like winning it.

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 21, 2009, 08:25:03 PM
Full-time Roslea 2-6 St Pat's 0-6.
Goals won it, not a great deal in the game but the damage was done early.
Seamie Quigley probably the difference. Donagh a little unlucky not to get a goal through Gary Maguire but in truth they never looked like winning it.

No real surprise with this result. Roslea continue their impressive form. When was the last time they were in a SFC semi final?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

No idea, didn't they go close in 90s when Tommy Callaghan was with them?
You'd have to fancy them now, they didn't have much trouble beating Devenish in the league last week and seem to be on a roll.

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 21, 2009, 08:53:13 PM
You'd have to fancy them now, they didn't have much trouble beating Devenish in the league last week and seem to be on a roll.

Apparently Seamus Quigley hit a point from 60 yards!!

I'm not sure, Exiled. I still feel the championship winner will come from the Enniskillen or Devenish game. In saying that, Roslea will never have a better chance of going the whole way.

I should get down to see the Tempo v Derrygonnelly game tomorrow night. It should be a good match. I'll stick with my original prediction and go for a Tempo win.

ExiledGael

Derrygonnelly will be really looking over their shoulders in the league now too. Things don't seem to be going well there.

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 21, 2009, 09:13:02 PM
Derrygonnelly will be really looking over their shoulders in the league now too. Things don't seem to be going well there.

No, the Harps are struggling. Do you think Donagh's exit from the championship will benefit them in the relegation battle?

ExiledGael

Last year one seemed to compliment the other for them but normally you'd think it would benefit them concentrating on one competition.
They seemed to have picked up a bit of form in recent weeks and should re-focus on staying up now. Going by paper reports Eamon has found his feet again and they should survive but it's no coincidence they keep finding themselves in this situation.

inisceithleann

Derrylin O'Connells 0-03 Kinawley Brian Boru's 0-04 at half time in the Intermediate Championship.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Derrylin 0-08 Kinawley 0-13, Full Time.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermPundit

SFC Quarter Finals

Derrygonnelly 2-8 1-7 Tempo

Newtown beat Lisnaskea by 2 points

FermPundit

The final championship quarter final between Enniskillen and Devenish, which was due to be played in Kinawley tonight has been postponed

FermGael

Fermanagh SFC semi final draw.  Made last night

Quinn Insurance Senior Football Championship Semi-finals
Newtownbutler v Roslea
Derrygonnelly v Devenish or Enniskillen

These games will be played in Brewster Park, Enniskillen, the times of these games will be confirmed later.
The County final will take place in Brewster Park, Enniskillen on Sunday 27th September

The Quinn Insurance SFC quarter final and Kevin Courtney IFC Semi-final postponed from Sunday due to bad weather will take place this Sunday in Kinawley

Kevin Courtney Car Sales IFC at 5.00pm
Coa v St.Joseph's @ Kinawley

Quinn Insurance SFC at 6.30pm
Enniskillen v Devenish @ Kinawley

With the weather forecast not being great for this weekend, I hope they have another pitch on standby.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

AidyMac

Joke, another weekend without a senior league game.  Would be safe to assume that the semi final games will be on next weekend, unless there is a suspension that needs sorted. >:(

sammymaguire

Quote from: FermPundit on August 21, 2009, 08:56:44 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on August 21, 2009, 08:53:13 PM

Apparently Seamus Quigley hit a point from 60 yards!!

I'm not sure, Exiled. I still feel the championship winner will come from the Enniskillen or Devenish game. In saying that, Roslea will never have a better chance of going the whole way.

I should get down to see the Tempo v Derrygonnelly game tomorrow night. It should be a good match. I'll stick with my original prediction and go for a Tempo win.

cracking score indeed Ferm but it was wind assisted by what is best described as a stiff breeze
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AidyMac

Told last night that the only senior games to be played in September, bar the championship is on the 13th

That means, for non-playing championship teams, 1 game in 7 weeks

Hardly worth your while playing football at this rate.  Any wonder that people are leaving the Gaa and going elsewhere

People training since Feb, and by the looks of things, league not over until mid November  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(