Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

Yep, I agree. It made the Fermanagh county board look extremely bad. What did the programme makers expect the county board to do? Find out who the individual was who made the comments and make an example of him? What would that achieve? I've played soccer for most my life and I can honestly say I have never heard any sectarian comments in any games. Fermanagh is a small sporting county and both sides of the community participate together in a whole range of sports. Sectarianism is not a problem in the county. The fact that Darren Graham has accepted the apologise of the county board and has returned to gaellic games shows shows to me that he felt that Fermanagh GAA reacted in a positive way to the whole situation.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

orangeman

It looked to me that Graham was seeking attention - did the subject not receive enough attention in the papeers / tv before now ?
Why did he have to participate in this programme and paint the Fermanagh GAA board and playing members as a crowd of bigots ?

How can he claim to be in love with the GAA and then tear strips off them in the media ? It doesn't make sense to me - he made his point which was worth making, but he really bled it to death tonight -

Gold

i agree orangeman--the issue was over and he dragged it up again for attention
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

FermPundit

From the Hoganstand

Former Down star James McCartan says he won't be commenting any further about speculation linking him with the vacant Fermanagh post until his club commitments are complete.

The two-time All Star has insisted that no-on from Fermanagh had approached him about succeeding Charlie Mulgrew in the Ernesiders' hot seat.

And he insisted he wouldn't have anything to say about the situation until "Burren have completed their league campaign."

I would be pleased to see wee James take the post. He did very well at Queens and I hear he's very well thought of by the players he has coached. Did anyone hear he was to take the job or is it just speculation? The fact he hasn't commented on it may suggest he's interested in the position.

FermPundit

SFL Division one result.

Enniskillen 0-11 Devenish 0-6. The Gaels stay up and Roslea join Irvinestown in Div 2 next year. I'm not sure how the Roslea v Derrygonnelly game ended up but Roslea were leading 0-08 0-04 at half time.

ExiledGael

Well the Gaels stay up, probably for the best for the sake of our biggest club it would have been a farce for them to go down. Plenty would have loved it though.
Surely they will have to go back to the drawing board from the bottom up and try to sort out the club. Hope they can go back to being a force in the county and Ulster because no-one else in the county has the numbers of talent.
Will that be the official retirements now for people like Paul Brewster, Neil Cox and Michael Lily?

gaagaa

From a derry point of view sad to see gaels fall from grace, tho remember lavey in derry didnt bring enough yopung blood through at 1 stage & are now in div 2.   gaels v unlucky didnt win at least 1 ulster club, coz they could have collected the ai too.  all counties need fresh teams comong through in c'ship as it helps keep club scene alive.
good luck next year for fermanagh - hope youse get a good manager early on & give ulster a real rattle - youre not too far behind bas the rest of us arent nearly as good as the irish news makes out.

inisceithleann

Heard today that Longstone's manager Frank Dawson is in the running for the Fermanagh job and is one of the favourties. Anyone shed any light on the truth of this?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

southdown

The Frank Dawson story is on the back of todays IN.  He manages our club side, could not speak more highly of the man.

gaagaa

Quote from: southdown on October 13, 2007, 03:12:55 PM
The Frank Dawson story is on the back of todays IN.  He manages our club side, could not speak more highly of the man.

Bellaghy wouldnt have too high an opinion of him

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: gaagaa on October 13, 2007, 08:11:44 PM
Quote from: southdown on October 13, 2007, 03:12:55 PM

Bellaghy wouldnt have too high an opinion of him

Shocked is all i can say.... it is funny with the timing of this from a bellaghy perspective. When Dawson took us in 2003 we lost our first round match to Glenullin, who we play in tomorrows county final. all we can say is that were glad Longstone have him...no disrepects to Longstone.

gaagaa

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 13, 2007, 09:55:37 PM

Shocked is all i can say.... it is funny with the timing of this from a bellaghy perspective. When Dawson took us in 2003 we lost our first round match to Glenullin, who we play in tomorrows county final. all we can say is that were glad Longstone have him...no disrepects to Longstone.

And that was a glenullin team without paddy bradley & shane o'kane

inisceithleann

Belcoo have won their first ever senior title, hammering Teemore 2-15 to 1-08 in the SFL Div 1 Final. Fair play to Belcoo showing that underage success can pay dividends at senior level.

ExiledGael

The wait's over for the new boss lads, apparently the county board have appointed O'Rourke tonight.
Brilliant news for us, hope he can coax Stevie Maguire back into the fold

inisceithleann

Totally agree EG, big Stevie is a great player and have struggled at 14 since he left. Shane McCabe at centre half forward as well, a real class act should be considered as well.