Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Erne Gael

A thread for all you Fermanagh people out there.

FermPundit

Not sure how many Fermanagh folk are on the board. What does everyone think of the performance of all Fermanagh clubs in the Ulster club on sunday?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

BallyhaiseMan

well from a non Fermanagh person but someone who has alot of time for our close neighbours... i was impressed from watching Enniskillen Gaels yesterday.... Paul Brewster oustanding in the middle of the field..he really did retire too early for Fermanagh...
Neil Cox at full back done well on Eoin Gormley...Thought Ryan McCloskey was also good. Disappointed in Colm Bradley,Cormac McGinley won that particular battle and would have expected more from Ronan McCabe.Michael Lilly had a hard time marking Canavan,But then who wouldnt.
The Big Full Forward Rory Judge is a vgood freetaker,and That point number 17 (also named Judge) scored from nearly the corner flag was as good as score as ive ever seen.

FermPundit

Paul Brewster is still the best midfielder in Fermanagh but due to work commitments he has retired from the intercounty scene. The number 17 was Matthew Keenan. He's a tidy forward who had a great game yesterday. The Gaels will be pretty disappointed as Errigal weren't that impressive. If Canavan wasn't available I'd say the Gaels might have sneaked a victory. Simon Bradley has called time on management so It'll be interesting to see who will take on the reigns in 2007.

ExiledGael

I've heard a lot of people calling for Paul Brewster to be given a chance with the county again, is this a serious possibility? was he not struggling to make the Gaels team before the county final? is Stevie Maguire 100% does anybody know, he could be a massive addition again
ps thank god the Rory Gallagher debate for us will be over, he's a total waste of talent but he is a total arrogant arsehole, did anyone see the photo's of him in the local paper - typical him on the field with the water bottle running it through his hair and flicking his neck back, the man's a disaster for morale and spirit on any team, Cavan are welcome to him.

Jimmyjimson

Any ideas on whose going to win the relegation play off this weekend between St Pat's and Tempo ? Don't expect there'll be too much between them at the end of it.

Fionntamhnach

Quick questions for my waterlogged neighbours, where is the Knocks Grattans hurling club based, and also considering that there is two divisions in senior and junior (Erne Cup) football, how is the Division 3 titles in both grades determined?

Jimmyjimson

Knocks Gratton is the Donagh hurling club I believe but I'm not 100 % sure.

For the Division 3 finals the bottom 4 teams in Division 2 play off. The 4th bottom plays the bottom team and the 2nd bottom plays the 3rd bottom team in the semi finals with the winners playing in the final. St Joseph's won the Div 3 Senior League title this year.

OdoSkimodo

Knocks is a townland situated between Donagh and Lisnaskea.

Fionntamhnach

ExiledGael

First post on this board in a month boys that's a bad sign. Maybe a good sign that Fermanagh people are too busy working but I doubt it.
A few St Pats boys have told me that Mickey Culbert has agreed to manage them for the next year, bit of a shock that one? Will he make much of a difference?
Does anyone know if he is actually a good manager or what style of manager he is?

FermPundit

Mickey Culbert was a pretty succesful manager with St. Galls especially in the Ulster club where they competed with the top clubs in the province. He had a couple of good years managing Antrim. He didn't really bring them on though but I suppose any man would struggle when you consider the amount of internal politics that takes place within Antrim football. I'd say he'll do a decent job with Donagh but I'm not sure if he'll be able to unearth any unhidden talent. They're a small enough club and they kind of struggle when Shane McDermott, Eamon Maguire and Fergal O'Reilly are with the Fermanagh set up. They just survived in Division one this year by beating Tempo in the relegation play off last week. Fair play to Donagh though. They have ambitious plans and it's good to see a Fermanagh club looking to adopt a professional approach to it's football.

OdoSkimodo

Anyone know what the story is with the rumour that Boho Fabers are to be ressurected?

Is there a split in Derrygonnelly?

FermGael

hello all.  Happy new year.
Still over here in Oz but was wondering why Clucker was not on the McKenna cup panel??  Whats the story??
Looks a good enough panel though i would have gave Aidy Little another chance.  Adding Collie Curran as a selector can only be a good thing because the man has a wealth of experience.
Panel as expected.  Just hope that we can unearth another forward or two especially a target man for full forward.  Sure here's hoping!!!
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

OdoSkimodo

McCluskey has commitments ith Dungannon Swifts after which he will return to the squad.

c**k and Bull.... Great memories and large black areas of lost time