Armagh Vs Dorty Dubs

Started by Uladh, March 18, 2008, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteTAM, would not have mattered if they were distributing tickets last night, you wouldn't have found them. You  had some trouble getting to the gorund last night, walking down the wrong side streets.

Well done Corn, you've worked out who I am, do ya want a feckin medal?! Its not as though the pitch had signposts and sure I got there in the end.........

McKinney

McNulty
Donaghy
Shannon

McKeever
O'Rourke
Kernan

Toner
McGrane

Vernon
Mallon
O'Rourke

McDonnell
Clarke
Kernan

I'd be inclined to agree with the most of that Uladh. Maybe start Francie ahead of Enda to try to get him back up to speed.

Also would agree witht hose above saying Miceal O'Rourke should be given a chance.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AFS

Lads, how can anyone say that its maybe a year too early for T Kernan? He's 22 ffs, if he's not up to it now he never will be.

I see some people suggesting P Duffy should get a run out. I doubt this is going to happen as he was standing with the supporters in Navan so he must be carrying some sort of injury.

Also, anyone that saw how slow Francie was when he came on last Saturday would not be seriously suggesting starting him against Dublin with all their speedy forwards.

heffo

Dubs v Armagh..

S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P Casey, B Cullen, G Brennan; E Fennell, P Flynn; C Moran, B Brogan, M Vaughan; J Sherlock, C Keaney, K Bonner.

Pillar is certainly using the whole panel during this years league - at least there will be plenty of options from the bench this year in the champo..ten more changes this week.

Cahill, Alan Brogan, Ryan, Whelan, Quinn & Connolly on the bench among others.

Northside Dub

Thats a strong enough team, i think shane pulled up wit an injury the last day so thats why he isnt being risked, glad to see Fennell get another shot hopefully he stakes another claim!
It will be interesting to see if they line out as named, i doubt it! As heffo said theres a very stong bench to come in! Glad to see Pillar is finally giving the whole panel some game time during the league, it only took him 3 years ::)
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: heffo on April 08, 2008, 09:45:46 PM
Dubs v Armagh..

S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P Casey, B Cullen, G Brennan; E Fennell, P Flynn; C Moran, B Brogan, M Vaughan; J Sherlock, C Keaney, K Bonner.

Pillar is certainly using the whole panel during this years league - at least there will be plenty of options from the bench this year in the champo..ten more changes this week.

Cahill, Alan Brogan, Ryan, Whelan, Quinn & Connolly on the bench among others.

A good enough team I think to still win the match and what a bench to launch into the fray if required.....more valid options for the championship this season with Shocko (back in favour), Brennan, Fennell, Flynn, Connolly, McMenamon etc all new and with McConnell, Brogan more experienced....

INDIANA

to a point dsfm we have more options- it's div 2 not 1 remember. only dublin have the potential to be at the business end of the all-ireland this year from div 2 - none of the others will be in my view- unless meath get back to last year's form. so while we have a few more options - i don't believe it's as proven as you think it is and i would still have question marks over certain guys starting on sunday. don;t get carried away by beating struggling teams like cavan/westmeath and roscommon

Hound

I hope Collie Moran won't really line-up in the half forwards. Half-back or else the bench IMO. Otherwise no complaints with the team, a fair few lads getting a fair crack at it this year.

Hank Everlast

Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2008, 07:13:22 PM
Lads, how can anyone say that its maybe a year too early for T Kernan? He's 22 ffs, if he's not up to it now he never will be.

I see some people suggesting P Duffy should get a run out. I doubt this is going to happen as he was standing with the supporters in Navan so he must be carrying some sort of injury.

Paul Duffy was playn for the ogs in the league on sunday and im near sure he played for them the week before as well so he cant be that badly injured, the ogs had all their county men on bar mallon and loughran..

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2008, 12:20:21 AM
to a point dsfm we have more options- it's div 2 not 1 remember. only dublin have the potential to be at the business end of the all-ireland this year from div 2 - none of the others will be in my view- unless meath get back to last year's form. so while we have a few more options - i don't believe it's as proven as you think it is and i would still have question marks over certain guys starting on sunday. don;t get carried away by beating struggling teams like cavan/westmeath and roscommon

Maybe you could explain to me IGNORAMUS how Westmeath are struggling this year???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Uladh

Duffy didn't play for the ogs at the weekend

mackers

Naka, I'm all for looking at different options as well, but it's just Martin O'Rourke is now central to the team, I take your point about Vernon hopefully being a ball winner but we need O'Rourke in the trenches as well. Not sold on Duffy as a corner back as he was dropped for his poor defending from the half back line earlier, mightn't be the smartest thing to put him in the full back line. I think desparate times call for McKeever to go back to the Full Back line in Andy Mallon's absence.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

harlechman

from hoganstand:

Rebels to experiment against Armagh
08 April 2008

With their NFL Division 2 status secured for another year, Cork will field an experimental team in their rearranged final round game against Armagh on April 20.

The Rebels' two-point victory over a previously unbeaten Monaghan side on Saturday, coupled with Cavan's defeat to Westmeath, has staved off the threat of relegation. And following the county board's decision to back down on plans to bring forward the first round of county senior championship matches from the weekend of April 19-20 to this weekend, senior manager Conor Counihan has agreed to release several of his players for club duty.

This should ease a few worries especially if we lose to Dublin. A depleted Cork side at home should be beatable. 

naka

mackers fair comment although if both MOR and Vernon were in the half forward line I think we would struggle for scores in same, I worry for the summer because I just dont see any of the new kids stepping up to the plate,
for me sk still flatters to deceive as does donaghy, I do believe that TK will start come the championship and hard ground but he must contribute more in open play( he reminds me a little of john toner in the early nineties)

looking at the forward line its back to the situation that if you stop clarke and mc donnell we will lose simple as that
full back line is also struggling and we really need AM back as well as a fit Francie, for me enda also needs to step up a gear because he has given away too many frees in the games he has played to date,
all in all 2 matches left and there are still more questions than answers 

Goats Do Shave

Bring back Paddy McKeever!  ;)

AFS

Team i'd go for on Sunday(baring in mind injuries):

McKinney

McNulty (who else is there?)
McKeever (need some pace in this line)
Donaghy

A Kernan
A O'Rourke
Vernon (his best position imo)

McGrane
Lavery (hasn't been given a chance yet in the league)

M O'Rourke
S Kernan
McConville (if fit, if not I suppose T Kernan for frees)

McDonnell
Clarke
Mallon (we need more scoring options)