Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

As far as I know Podge needs surgery on an injury and Clarke left the panel by his own accord.

Very hard to pick a starting team from that panel. I think it will be something like this.

James
Minnagh Corr O'Dowd
McKeever McCutcheon Damien Reilly
McKiernan Givney
Flanagan Smith Murray
McDermott Keating Johnston

I think a few of the u21's in there won't see any action at all. O'Mara will struggle to dislodge Miller and the likes of Mickey Brady, Flanagan and Niall McKiernan will surely just be there to pick up experience for the u21's next year.

mylestheslasher

Carroll from ballinagh did well at fb against down in the challenge a few weeks back and he is not on that list either

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2011, 07:19:04 PM
Carroll from ballinagh did well at fb against down in the challenge a few weeks back and he is not on that list either

Yes he is.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on May 12, 2011, 08:01:30 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2011, 07:19:04 PM

Yes he is.

Oops

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on May 12, 2011, 03:00:17 PM
podge not being on it is the biggest surprise,after all the game time he got so far.15 players from this years and last years u21s,thats a massive number of young players.

booj,you involved with the cavan juniors this year?whos on the panel and is terry over them again this year?

Haven't heard a thing. Don't know who's over it. Probably Terry. Hopefully they can go one step further than last year.

club_man

Any results from todays games?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

some shock results in div 1 today.ballyhaise and the gaels drawing,kingscourt losing to redhills,mullahoran losing to gowna.looking forward to ballinagh cuchulians tomorrow,if ballinagh win they look like they mean business.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cavanforever

the shocks still continuing with cuchullains beating the nagh. very open this year. also whats going on with the gaels or is it the fact that kingscourt beating them last year has giving all the other teams the sense that they can be beaten

Westside

Well from Donegal's performance today it looks like we're in for a real war of attrition on June 12th.. Terry and Co know how to play against Donegal's style of play but can our defence hold Murphy and Molloy? It's going to be a very very tough game but I can't see why we shouldn't be there or there abouts.

mylestheslasher

It was some muck to watch that game. Antrim were quite successful at stopping donegals forwards so we should take positives from that. A fit givney and gearoid mckiernan could give us an edge in the middle. But where we will struggle is the sheer strength they have around the field. Mad they didnt put 1 high ball on Murphy - I'd like to see that happen on breffni. We have a chance but donegal have to be favourites.

Swadman

Quote from: Westside on May 15, 2011, 08:37:25 PM
Well from Donegal's performance today it looks like we're in for a real war of attrition on June 12th.. Terry and Co know how to play against Donegal's style of play but can our defence hold Murphy and Molloy? It's going to be a very very tough game but I can't see why we shouldn't be there or there abouts.
Hope it will be a dryer and warmer day on 12th June and therefore a better game. As a Cavanman I would not be happy to part with €27 to see more of that sh*te. Spillane gave it some slating.

Bo, what happened yis v Shannon Gaels? Had ye Hillarious Gomez in goal?

Swadman

PS

Well done to the Minor Hurlers on a great win v Monaghan

Denn Forever

Quote from: Swadman on May 16, 2011, 01:43:03 PM
PS

Well done to the Minor Hurlers on a great win v Monaghan

Saw that.  Well done but how long will it be before they are drafted to the senior team?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...