Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up-again

Quote from: cavan4sam on September 10, 2010, 05:19:46 PM
Are you lads really trying to tell me that if you had a Senior championship medal in your pocket that you would be sitting there looking into your pint saying 'this means f**k all because we only won it cause the gaels weren't as good'. I know i would celebrate and do it in style. At the end of the day you have to beat whats in front of you, and if you win the championship you are the best team in the county end of story. We wont be winning it anytime soon but it would be nice.

Of course I would you mad sausage. I would drink until I dropped. But I wasn't talkin about that - I was saying if Cavan football is to progress it needs other clubs going up rather than the best team in the county coming down to the rest.

This breakdown of county representatives from this year's semi-finalists

Ramor - 0
Kingscourt - 1
Gaels - 2
Mullahoran - 3

Drumlane/Killeshandra 1 each
Bailieborough - 0
Drumalee - 0
Knockbride - 0

Swanlinbar - 0
Mountnugent - 1
Munchies - 0
Shannon Gaels - 0

I don't know what to make of that to be honest..

Westside

If you did that for the starting 15 it becomes even more worrying..

put-it-up-again

Then again if you go through the teams, particularly the senior ones, it gets even more worrying because there are not a whole pile of names that jump out...

Westside

The players that have been there for the past few years are the standout performers for their clubs. But it's no good having Martin Reilly out there scoring 1-5 for Killigarry every weekend and then not being able to have any impact at county level. (Just an example no insult to the fella)

Perhaps there are guys out there who don't stand out as much with their clubs but could hold their own at county level also? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.. But a shake up is badly needed that much is certain.

On another note anyone know why Paddy Gumley was not on the panel last year? He was doing well with the provisional squad in Carr's first year and was flying it, I know he had health issues but I assumed he would return once he was sorted...

Dougal

crosserlough in intermediate next yaer (unless the CB change their mind).glad i didnt go in the end,the lough only scored 2 points to killygarry 1-5 (i presume that was all from martin reilly westside  ;D).
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

2 points!? In a senior Championship game!? Maybe i put some sort of curse on them..  ;D

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up-again on September 10, 2010, 08:48:17 PM
Are you lads really trying to tell me that if you had a Senior championship medal in your pocket that you would be sitting there looking into your pint saying 'this means f**k all because we only won it cause the gaels weren't as good'. I know i would celebrate and do it in style. At the end of the day you have to beat whats in front of you, and if you win the championship you are the best team in the county end of story. We wont be winning it anytime soon but it would be nice.

Of course I would you mad sausage. I would drink until I dropped. But I wasn't talkin about that - I was saying if Cavan football is to progress it needs other clubs going up rather than the best team in the county coming down to the rest.

Ramor - 0
Kingscourt - 1
Gaels - 2
Mullahoran - 3

Bailieborough - 0
Drumalee - 0
Knockbride - 0

Swanlinbar - 0
Mountnugent - 1
Munchies - 0
Shannon Gaels - 0

Mickey Brennan

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on September 11, 2010, 09:49:38 AM
Quote from: put-it-up-again on September 10, 2010, 08:48:17 PM

Ramor - 0
Kingscourt - 1
Gaels - 2
Mullahoran - 3

Bailieborough - 0
Drumalee - 0
Knockbride - 0

Swanlinbar - 0
Mountnugent - 1
Munchies - 0
Shannon Gaels - 0

Mickey Brennan

i forgot about mickey aswell.drumlane have dane and darren,what 3 do mullahoran have?

put-it-up-again

Apologies BooJ completely completely forgot about Mickey.

Mullahoran had Dermot Sheridan and Philip and Paul Brady

Denn Forever

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 10, 2010, 02:39:05 PM
Come on Mullahoran on Sunday.  Nobody thought Tipp would do it so maybe it is time for the underdog.

Never thought I would see an amalgamation team with Mullahoran in it.  And Crosserlough down to Intermediate.  There are some strange things happening in the world.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 11, 2010, 03:40:23 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on September 10, 2010, 02:39:05 PM
Come on Mullahoran on Sunday.  Nobody thought Tipp would do it so maybe it is time for the underdog.

Never thought I would see an amalgamation team with Mullahoran in it.   And Crosserlough down to Intermediate.  There are some strange things happening in the world.

????????

Sad times indeed in Cavan football. Crosserlough and Mullahoran are the 2 biggest parishes in Cavan. If they are struggling well its says alot about the future for the GAA in Cavan. Crosserlough have been hit badly with emigration while Mullahorans youth seem to be slowly turning away from GAA. Although Mullahoran are a club that have always seemed to get away with the odd good Underage team. Although it is 12 or 13 years since they won a Div 1 U-21 Championship,and its longer since they have won a Minor Championship.

Dougal

the parish is a fair size,but is mullahorans catchment area all that big?i always thought that it was but was told last year thats its not that big at all.

Celt_Man

Hotel Kilmore Senior Football Championship Semi Final
Kingscourt  0-15 1-8 Ramor United

Hotel Kilmore Junior Football Championship Finals Semi Final 
Munterconnacht  1-17 1-11 Shannon Gaels 

Hotel Kilmore Junior C Special Competition Semi Finals 
Knockbride  0-4 0-18 Ballyhaise  Stradone
Shercock  2-5 1-8 Bailieboro  Kingscourt

Hotel Kilmore Junior D Special Competition  Semi Final
Arva  2-8 2-8 Templeport 
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Anybody at the games this evening?

put-it-up-again

Pretty comfy for Kingscourt tonight. Ramor started well but completely faded away and Kingscourt owned the ball for the lost 15 minutes of the first when they pulled clear. Very disappointed with Ramor. They kept trying to deliver the ball from too deep and were literally just kickin the ball straight to blue jerseys. Barry Reilly was impressive, so was Philip Smith. 

It is great for them to be back in the final but I'm not concinced they can compete with the Gaels/Mullahoran. They have come a long way this year but the final will be a big big test for them.

Something bizarre happened involving the ref. He literally just collapsed mid-way through the second half and was literally lying flat on his face on the grass for a few seconds. Then he jsut got back up when he came back around and walked off the pitch. Hope he is alright - apparently he has a pacemaker in heart.

Should be a great game in the park tomorrow - fingers crossed.