Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats my name

as far as i know cavan are playing galway in mullingar tomorrow friday not sure what time but i can find out if anyone would like to make an appearence at it yea there playing mayo alright and the dubs may bank holiday it will be on the 3g pitch as the offical opening from what i was told

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 22, 2010, 10:26:39 PM
Predictions for this weekend

Division 2, Kill V Ballyhaise, Kill win
Division 2A, Kill v Ballyhaise,Kill win
Division 3A,Cornafean V Ballyhaise, Cornafean win.

No Mind games here.
Is this your first year with a third team BH Man and how come your second team doesn't go into Division 3?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 23, 2010, 08:41:12 AM

No Mind games here.
Is this your first year with a third team BH Man and how come your second team doesn't go into Division 3?

2nd team wouldnt be just strong enough to play in Division 3 Lawrence,They would be a very useful junior team,with a fair amount of lads age 20-28 who have all played senior at one time or another,but the team wouldnt have the strength overall to compete.
You see what happened Kingscourts second team last weekend and they would bea very strong outfit.

Celt_Man

No Mind games here.

Pity ta f**k you didn't take that attitude last Sunday!!!  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 23, 2010, 12:49:39 PM

No Mind games here.

Talk about a game of two halves.
What happened you lads in the first half?McCutcheon made a big impact when he came on.
We had one of our usual meltdowns in the second half,luckily we had scored those extra few points or we could have been in trouble

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 23, 2010, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 23, 2010, 12:49:39 PM

No Mind games here.

Talk about a game of two halves.
What happened you lads in the first half?McCutcheon made a big impact when he came on.
We had one of our usual meltdowns in the second half,luckily we had scored those extra few points or we could have been in trouble

We were just brutal can't put my finger on it but as bad as we were we still managed to hit 5 or 6 wides in the first half - think ye only missed 2 or 3...

mylestheslasher

boojangles

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on April 23, 2010, 10:51:29 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 23, 2010, 10:25:01 PM
Well lads, just wanted to give ye a heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAA-Cavan-Gaelic-Games-Ulster-Football-Ireland_W0QQitemZ230465501157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET?hash=item35a8d077e5#ht_1449wt_1165

Every Cavan football household should have one and they are pretty rare.

Is that Fr Dan Gallogly's book?

It is. Some great info on Cavan Gaa history although the book was written in the 70's so everything thereafter is missing.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 23, 2010, 11:31:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 23, 2010, 10:51:29 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 23, 2010, 10:25:01 PM
Well lads, just wanted to give ye a heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAA-Cavan-Gaelic-Games-Ulster-Football-Ireland_W0QQitemZ230465501157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET?hash=item35a8d077e5#ht_1449wt_1165

Every Cavan football household should have one and they are pretty rare.

Is that Fr Dan Gallogly's book?

It is. Some great info on Cavan Gaa history although the book was written in the 70's so everything thereafter is missing.

Unfortunately I reckon a dozen pages could cover from then till now! :( :(

put-it-up

Donal Kelly passed away this morning.

All Bailieborough games are off. A true legend

Dougal

any one hear anything about the challenge macth last night.i heard that declan mckiernan started full forward,but havent heard anything else.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

whats my name

yea i was a the game was poor stuff now ray cullivan was the best off a bad lot he had to go off injured then just after half time cavan had a second string team out miss alot of players mulvey,mackey,corr,cahill,walsh,mcphilips and a good few more just cant think off the top of my head few new faces in philip the gunner declan mc kiernan although he didnt start came on with about 10 mins left didnt see much of the ball as galway were all over cavan galway won by 10. nicky joyce gave eoin smith a torrid time and smith was taken off in the first half. not much positives from the game to be honest very poor showing by all involved

tierworker blue

Theobald

RIP Donal Kelly

He was truly a legend of Bailieborough and Cavan football and he will be truly missed.

I remember spending many hours in his shop on Main Street, messing with the footballs and sliotars while him and my father would discuss the fortunes of the Shamrocks and Cavan. And when I started to play the game myself, it was always a great boost to the ego when Donal would compliment me on my performances.
Even to this day I would love to see him in the crowd when I'd take the field, coz I knew that a real authority on the game was looking on.

Ar dheis De go raibh anam.