Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 14, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
I wonder which team will show up in Sligo?

The six million euro question. If this season continues to follow the pattern of last, as it has eerily been doing, then we'll fall flat on our faces and turn in a listless display, and get beaten.
Hopefully it won't happen obviously, but these improved performances only truly matter if you build on them and turn in another few like it in quick succession - and this team and manager remain open to question as to whether they're capable. Still, let's wait and see.

Western Blue

Winning the the last 3 league matches will define our season from a confidence perspective going into the Championship. In saying that, another year in Div 3 will bring this group of players on with a number  of our U.21 to be brought in also.
Of the games left Sligo are very difficult to beat at home and with E.O'Hara back they can be very physical on a small tight pitch. Offaly are unbeaten at home but can slip up on the road but again are a big physical side.Our last match against Fermanagh is a local derby and even though they look doomed for Div 4 if they loose their next 2 matches they could spoil our party if we were to win the above games.  Fingers crossed!!

mylestheslasher

Very quiet on here. Tough assignment on Sunday. Sligo are a gritty team and very hard bet in that tight little pitch. I never fancy Cavan against teams like Sligo that play a real running game. That said I am hearing Sligo are not playing too well at the moment so maybe if we can bring the same intensity as I hear we brought to the last match (and leave the shitty intensity of the previous 2) then we have a chance. That would leave us 2 home games and surely in with a shout for promotion. But using the head and not the heart I'd say Sligo by 1 or 2.

Denn Forever

I think we are waiting to see what team will be sent to Sligo.

Hopefully (to get a comparison) we'll start with the same team and they will play with the same intensity/belief as they did last Saturday.

Come on Cavan.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

I see nic walsh was playin for the gaels,i thought he had an injury and would be out til at very least the last round of the league?whats the best way to markievicz from bhaise?belturbet,blacklion,or is it quicker to go by carrick?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal on March 18, 2010, 09:06:20 PM
I see nic walsh was playin for the gaels,i thought he had an injury and would be out til at very least the last round of the league?whats the best way to markievicz from bhaise?belturbet,blacklion,or is it quicker to go by carrick?

I'd go Ballinamore, Carrick, come of the sliproad of dual carriageway signposted cranmore and head for town center. Ground is on the RH side about a mile of the carriageway.

whats my name

the quickest way to sligo would be belturbet blacklion far quicker then any of the other routes

Western Blue

Do we play David Givney against Sligo or keep him for the U.21 match against Down. Is Ray Cullivan eligible to play against Down Also?

Dougal

Quote from: Western Blue on March 18, 2010, 10:21:18 PM
Do we play David Givney against Sligo or keep him for the U.21 match against Down. Is Ray Cullivan eligible to play against Down Also?

id say play him,hes young and should still be sharp enough for wed.i see barry reilly played for the U21's in a challenge match,has he made himself available?cullivan is overage this year.

i think il go by blacklion alright,route planner suggests it and id only know sligo from that end.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Western Blue on March 18, 2010, 10:21:18 PM

Jaysus no, take him a break and allow the U21s to have a full team and give down a good crack
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

whats my name

the team named same team as last time bar martin reilly comes in for lyng amnd c galligan comes in for givney

anglocelt39

Lyng/Gaynor/Mckeever/Tierney-all lads that stormed onto the inter county stage in their teenage years and you'd have reckoned a few all star nominations lay ahead. Didn't quite work out for various reasons so on that basis I'm delighted to see young Givney get a rest on Sunday, Put it this way, the medium term future for Cavan depends as much on Wednesday's game against Down as it does on Sunday's match.

Plus Givney's a bit young to carry us at midfield through the summer so between Mulvey/Galligan/Cullivan/Sheridan/Brennan time to step up to the problem spot.

Very perceptive call by my fellow exiled Shamrocks man from out west on this one.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

Glad to see changes to a minimum and Givney being rested so that we won;'t have fitness worries for Wednesday.

All we need is for Cavan to turn up with their game face on.

My glass is half empty.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

Givney wearin no8 and named in the program,looks like hes starting!

Babe Ruth 47

Some job, listening to the game online on Ocean FM. The commentators seem knowledgable, giving a good sence of the pace of the game and getting the players names right. Nice change from Michael.

Flannagan and Mackey seem to be doing very well.