Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Any word on the Under 21 final??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

lost by 5 i think.1-12 to 1-10,or around that.donnie shine must of scored about 1-8 if not all of roscommons points.seniors had a challenge game against longford before it.they seemed to be decent enough,a few scores from middling distances.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

whats my name

the u-21s lost by five played poor but still could have won it hit the post and the keeper made 2 good saves in the last five mins when cavan were down by 3 points. donal shine played very well and the cavan full back line couldnt get to grips with his height and speed. givney was the best of a bad lot fielded a nice few kickouts and got himself a point. cavan were missing players like eugene keating and rory dunne which might have swung the game for us in the last few mins

jimjim

Cavan NFL panel: Paul Brady (Mullahoran), M Brennan (Simonstown), N Madden (Gowna), Cian Mackey (Castlerahan), Martin Reilly (Killygarry), David Givney (Mountnugent), Conor Smith (Cuchullains), Michael Brides (St Oliver Plunkett's), Eoin McPhilips (Denn), Eoin Smith (Killygarry), Martin Cahill (Denn), Tomas Corr (Denn), Dermot Sheridan (Mullahoran), Sean Johnston (Cavan Gaels), John McCutcheon (Cootehill), Darren Murphy (Drumlane), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Mark Johnston (Cornafean), Ray Galligan (Lacken), Alan Clarke (Kingscourt), Ronan Flanagan (Castlerahan), Ciaran Galligan (Drung), Michael Lyng (Cavan Gaels), Dane O'Dowd (Drumlane), Eoin McGuigan (Belturbet), Ray Cullivan (Ballyhaise), Fintan Reilly (Redhills), Gareth Smith (Oliver Plunkett's), Lorcan Mulvey (Butlersbridge), Eddie O'Reilly (Mullahoran), Nicholas Walsh (Cavan Gaels).

Good to see Brennan back for Cavan, going on talk last yr he was very good at ff for simonstown or is he in there for an answer to midfields call?? Big addition to Drumalee also for the yr ahead. Any big Absenteeism's from the panel??

Babe Ruth 47

This panel has finally marked the end of the '97 crew! A lot of young blood in there. Looks lightweight though in my opinion

boojangles

They are looking at Brennan for the Full-Forward line.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Right I have my McKenna cup programme out and comparing the two lists it seems the off the newcomers the following have been kept and dropped repectively:
Kept: Madden,Conor Smith, Eoin McPhilips, Tomas Corr, Darren Murphy, Mark Johnston, Alan Clarke, Dane O'Dowd, Eoin McGuigan, Gareth Smith,
Dropped: John Cunningham, Alan Durkin, Stephen Jordan, Joey Jordan, Donal Thomas, John McCabe, Declan Reilly, Killian Lynch.
Before I pull my hair out let me say that I agree that, unfortunately, the last 3 on the dropped list just aren't good enough/didn't perform in the McKenna Cup.
Now.......John Cunningham got 10 minutes, Stephen Jordan go 0 minutes, Joey Jordan got one game at CB when he should've been tried at CB but wasn't too bad in the position he did play. Donal Thomas was played at FF despite being MF for Killygarry and Alan Drukin played well IMO against St.Mary's.
Additionally I see Sean Brady is left out which has been a long time coming.
Now to the kept list...............Niall Madden was as poor as anyone and got plenty of game time. Conor Smith stood out against Tyrone and I suppose I can't argue with his inclusion although I personally don't think he's up to it. Eoin McPhillips deserves to be kept in. Tomas Corr could be good but not at FB but no doubt TC will persevere with his square peg in round hole approach. Hard to tell on Darren Murphy but we obviously need a second keeper. Mark Johnston - see Niall Madden, Alan Clarke - see Niall Madden, Dane O'Dowd - see Niall Madden. Eoin McGuigan looks to have plenty in him but not at MF.
And then we have Lorcan and Eddie.
I hate been critical of new players but the selection is baffling. Anyone that saw the 3 games agree?
Good to see Brennan back alright. I thought McElkennon fucked him over after the Waterford defeat a few years back. Is he really back with Drumalee? Why is that?

BallyhaiseMan

Happy to see Michael Brennan back for Cavan,
Not happy to see Michael Brennan back playing for Drumalee  :P

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 02, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
Happy to see Michael Brennan back for Cavan,
Not happy to see Michael Brennan back playing for Drumalee  :P

Same as...

I saw our first four league games this year - Drumalee, Ballyhaise, Goonies and Gaels...  Four bankers if ever there was...  :D :D :D :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavanmaniac

This continuing fascination with Lorcan Mulvey always baffles me I must say. He could be a useful addition if he ever got anything near to something resembling full fitness, but every year he gets a chance, doesn't take it, gets dispensed with and then recalled.  ???

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavanmaniac on February 02, 2010, 03:35:06 PM
This continuing fascination with Lorcan Mulvey always baffles me I must say. He could be a useful addition if he ever got anything near to something resembling full fitness, but every year he gets a chance, doesn't take it, gets dispensed with and then recalled.  ???

To be fair he didnt get a chance last year against Antrim when we were destroyed at Midfield Maniac.
He was also in better shape last year than hes ever been in.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 02, 2010, 03:58:35 PM

To be fair he didnt get a chance last year against Antrim when we were destroyed at Midfield Maniac.

Physically perhaps ;)

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 02, 2010, 04:02:02 PM

Physically perhaps ;)

Don't you start now :D :D ;)

beer baron

Are you sure brennans back with drumalee lads?he's been trainin with simonstown the past few weeks?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on February 02, 2010, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 02, 2010, 04:02:02 PM

Physically perhaps ;)

Don't you start now :D :D ;)
Sorry, sorry....