Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotstopper1

Turk,

There's actually a connection with that pub and the Offaly All Ireland winning hurling team of 98.I believe Paudie Mulhaire's  father in law ran that pub for a few years in the late 90's.

Homer

Cullivan is definitely not starting tomorrow. The knee must be very bad because he is the type of fella that would play with half a leg.

The starting line-up with him was going to be:

Delaney

Declan McCabe (had his suspension overturned)
Sheridan
Slowey

Jordan
Podge
Geoghan

McDonald
Cunningham

Mackey
Ray Galligan
M Reilly

Gearoid Collins
A.N Other (most likely Liam Duignan or Darragh Gaffeney)
Flano (third midfielder)

Don't know how much this will change now. Podge was missing from training tonight with the flu aswell.

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 13, 2007, 11:20:56 PM
Homer
How are things around Ballinagh ?My roots are in Corlesmore and I remember well seeing Ballinagh in the late 70s-uncompromising football! Is Potahee church in your parish ?I remember the PP who had a dog who used to sit on the altar during Mass.Can we start to talk about the championship ? You must be hot favourites- we are , as they say, in a period of transition and you seem to be flying.I couldn't believe your minors lost to Donegal last year- the previous year, the game in Cross was an epic and could have gone either way so you must be there or there abouts in Under 21.I haven't followed your teams this year-is Lyng fit ?Forde ?Walsh?one more year in Mc Cabe ?Bad memories from our last trip to Breffni when we had it , thanks to Benny, but Paddy O 'Rourkes substitutions were beyond belief and the panic factor showed he had no composure.Still, championship is championship and I expect a good game between the real big two of Ulster football.

Hows things Dubh, Alls well in Ballinagh. Potahee is indeed in the parish, although I don't make as much mass these days as I should.

Cavan probably take the favorites tag alright but I'm sure Down will have sorted out their house come May. Actually we were looking pretty good this time last year but then Waterford threw an almighty spanner in the works. As for last years minors, Cavan underage sides have a sickening habit of letting themselves down. Its a tragedy as some great teams have come and gone and not one bit of silverware since 1996. Forde and Walsh are both fit and both played in the Sligo game. Lyng is about to tog out this Sunday for Cavan Gaels, it will be his first game in over a year.

So we'll look forward to the clash of the titans for now.Good luck with everything (except the cavan game of course).

The TopKat

I do believe Lyng's last competitive match or any match for that matter was the 2005 Senior Championship Final against Mullahorn.
That is an awful long time with no football.

footballmad

yes lyng is togging out sunday,18 months since his last game. hope the lad gets back to his best. any results from last nights games?

BallyhaiseMan

we lost the under 21 game to Monaghan yesterday 1-12 to 0-7, wasnt at it. :(
anyone who was say who played well,who didnt etc, Heard Flanagan got a straight red so thats him out for a month.
Bad weekend for me
Today
Ballyhaise 0-02 Cavan Gaels 3-14

The Gaels were awesome, we were very poor.
Just thought id get that out of the way before the slagging starts.

The TopKat

Did Lyng feature for the gaels?

BallyhaiseMan

he came on with about 15 minutes to go TopKat.

The Bottom Brick

I heard Lyng came on wearing a pair of tights, then split Slowey with a box?

Any truth in this???
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Maximus Marillius

Ballyhaise man are ye that bad...23...2,  :D :D
I see yer U21s took a beating, did ye not think you had a great team this year?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on March 19, 2007, 12:59:37 PM
I heard Lyng came on wearing a pair of tights, then split Slowey with a box?

Any truth in this???

i was down the other end of the field,so i cant say for sure,but yes Lyng had the whole full bodywarmer tight things, and got into an altercation with Slowey,i was told by some of the lads along the line that he threw a punch at Fergal Slowey
Slowey stuck like glue to him,it must have annoyed him alright.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on March 19, 2007, 01:03:48 PM
Ballyhaise man are ye that bad...23...2,  :D :D
I see yer U21s took a beating, did ye not think you had a great team this year?

Oh no,
Not content with the Antrim Thread,
You're invading the Cavan one now :P  :D
we arent that bad,it was just a terrible day at the office.
Very disappointed in our under 21's, expected a good run at Ulster this year,But as usual they fail to deliver.

Maximus Marillius

I was reading this thread on different occassions, and the think that puzzles me is how many of the posters here convinced themselves that they had a team that could win the competion. I mean, ye were well beaten. Was Keogan manager of the team?

BallyhaiseMan

yeh
Cavan management system always seems to have the same manager for Under 21's and Seniors,Maybe thats something that would want to be looked at.Perhaps someone who can concentrate fully on the under 21's would be better.

The Bottom Brick

A lot of the lads on that Under 21 team are over hyped - Mackey, Martin Reilly, Dermot Sheridan to name but three...

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

always thought Dermot Sheridan had the makings of a good County Senior cornerback,
Mackey is definetely overrated, a good player,but hasnt produced anything for the county since Minor
i think Martin Reily will make the grade,But he needs to seriously bulk up,ive seen him disposessed too easy.

i heard from a clubmate that Michael McDonald played well on Saturday,Do yous agree?
wouldnt mind see him tried alongside Mulvey at Centre Field against Antrim with McCabe at Full Forward.