Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Homer
How are things around Ballinagh ?My roots are in Corlesmore and I remember well seeing Ballinagh in the late 70s-uncompromising football! Is Potahee church in your parish ?I remember the PP who had a dog who used to sit on the altar during Mass.Can we start to talk about the championship ? You must be hot favourites- we are , as they say, in a period of transition and you seem to be flying.I couldn't believe your minors lost to Donegal last year- the previous year, the game in Cross was an epic and could have gone either way so you must be there or there abouts in Under 21.I haven't followed your teams this year-is Lyng fit ?Forde ?Walsh?one more year in Mc Cabe ?Bad memories from our last trip to Breffni when we had it , thanks to Benny, but Paddy O 'Rourkes substitutions were beyond belief and the panic factor showed he had no composure.Still, championship is championship and I expect a good game between the real big two of Ulster football.

cavan4ever

Good to see Virgina win another ulster title yesterday.. is there anyone about today or are use all stuck in the bookies??

cavanmaniac

That's a right run of success for Virginia. How good a barometer is vocational schools success for the county minor side?

cavan4ever

i dunno they won the all-ireland last year and it didn't do the minors much good.  The county vocational school's team are in ulster final  so there must be some good fotballers in that age group.

The Bottom Brick

Couple of super players on the Virginia team, notably midfielder Eugene Keating and full forward Conor Smith

By the way, Monagaghan U21's are a strong outfit, said to be one of the biggest under 21 sides you'll ever see. Shane Smith absolutely ran the show for the seniors down in Ennis last Sunday, he's one to watch at no 11

Ciaran Hanratty is another, the best of them all is defender James Ward in my opinion, player minor a couple of years ago and senior when he was 19, quit the seniors last 2 years but a class act all the same

Cavan's best line imo is half forward with Mackey, Flanagan, Reilly, lot of pace. would worry about the defence though. Geoghan and Dermot Sheridan don't convince me

Hopefully we'll do the job but without Cullivan, i've a strange feeeling we could get pipped
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

im guessing the team will be something like

Delaney

Slowey
Podge
Madden

Jordan
Sheridan
Enda McCormick

McDonald
John Cunningham

Mackey
Flanagan
Martin Reily

Killian Lynch?
Raymond Galligan
Aaron Duignan?

Anton Reily dislocated him shoulder playing for Ramor,
Cullivan is most likely out, and with Clarke out long term, Our forward options are limited?
Who do you think will be the Corner Forwards Brick?not sure about those two i named.
id prefer Flanagan at CHB.

The Bottom Brick

The team is already named Ballyhaise

Delaney

Declan McCabe
Podge
Slowey

Jordan
Sheridan
Geoghan

McDonald
Cunningham

Mackey
Flano
M Reilly

Gearoid Collins
Ray Galligan
Liam Duignan

Strong outfit but short on senior experience comopared to Monaghan. Our midfield are two horses but lack mobility

Good to see Collins back
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

turk

Cavan for the All-Ireland!!

I was up there a couple of weeks ago in Ballyhaise - well it was a spot out west of Ballyhaise - sorry folks, can't remember the name of the place or the pub!

Up Offaly!!

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

probably Redhills or Buttlersbridge,

Cheers for posting the team Brick, Declan McCabe at cornerback is interesting
dont know much about the Cornafean lads as ive never seen Cornafean play at any level.
Gearoid Collins is a super talent, who can play in any position.Its great to see him back in the Cavan shirt

shotstopper1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 16, 2007, 02:17:48 PM
probably Redhills or Buttlersbridge,

Lads just settle for Drumliffe & The Flying Saucer,has being known to habour a few Offaly men now and again.

turk

Redhills - it might have been.

I swung a left after the bridge on the clones road out of ballyhaise, at the tree.

then swung another left and it was a booser down there a mile or two. that road took me out in cloverhill in the end.

cheers lads!

BallyhaiseMan

turk

Duggans! that was it.

Best wishes to all in cavan

BallyhaiseMan

spent many a night fairly sauced down there,Nice spot,Hope ye had a good one
Best of luck to you Biffos for the rest of the year as well  :)