Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Thanks for all the reports lads.
Hard to know what to make of the whole situation.
Im sure McKeever will be getting a recall soon enough.

Homer

Hannon will come could eventually I'd stick with him the matches will have him back in shape a lot quicker than a 100 hours training.

Sheridan has brought an improvement at full back but tends to give away a few too many frees. I don't think he has been fully tested yet and would worry that when he is he'll be seeing yellow.

Worryingly Carr has been very slow to make changes and in some cases has ended making them a week late (Podge coming off against Tipp, Larry subed at the weekend)

Lads can any of ye tell the last time we scored a goal?

Celt_Man

Last time we scored a goal - not counting challenge games - was Pierson against Armagh in the McKenna cup! Long time ago!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Homer is Reilly still on the panel.

cavan4ever

I think i might become a sunshine supporter and only go to championship games, following Cavan is bad for your health.

whats my name

Celt Man whats your predictions for the league fixtures this weekend who will be the winners and losers out of each division??

cavan4ever

Quote from: whats my name on March 24, 2009, 04:21:58 PM
Celt Man whats your predictions for the league fixtures this weekend who will be the winners and losers out of each division??

You can put Drung down as losers against Kilinkere anyway.  No county players and 4 other lads going to a Stag and with a panel of about 18 there will only be one winner.

BallyhaiseMan

Division One

Mullahoran V Ramor           M'horan by 3
Ballinagh V Denn               Ballinagh by 5
Cavan Gaels V Gowna        Draw
Cuchullains V Castlerahan    Cucu's by 4
Killygarry V Lavey               K'Garry by 2
Crosserlough V Belturbet    C'lough by 4
Redhills V Lacken               Redhills by 1

Div Two
Kingscourt V B'Haise          K'Court by 2   :(
Crosserlough V Cootehill     Cootehill by 7
Kil'shandra V Drumalee       Drumalee by 2
Cavan Gaels B V Drumgoon  Drumgoon by 5
Killinkere V Drung               K'Kere by 8
Drumlane V Sherock           Drumlane by 2
Knockbride V Kill                 Knockbride by 10

Div 3
Ballymachugh V Munnterconnacht    B'mchugh by 5
Buttlersbridge V Templeport           Bbridge by 4
Shannon Gls V Corlough                  S Gaels by 3
Swad V Cornafean                         Swad by 4
Killdallon V Laragh                          Draw
Mountnugent V Baileborough          B'boro by 3
Killygarry V Arva                             Arva by 6

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: RednBlack on March 24, 2009, 03:16:36 PM
Q. What does a Cavan Senior Footballer and a Kilkenny Senior Footballer got in common?

A. Neither has scored a goal in the current NFL.

We are in top class company now lads!!!! Podge still on panel.

Heard there was a bit of dirt flying around at the County Board meeting last night. I believe Killeshandra got stuck in about the Under 21 mess and also a few others had a go about Senior team. Also heard a few clubs had a go about the mess that is Bord Peil na nOg and the messing that has gone with them this year. Top table all stuck together and Tom & Jerry got great praise for the work they are doing at underage. Could laugh only it would hurt so much!!!!!
Any idea what Killeshandra's problem was RNB? I have a hunch. Word is that both Mackey & Cullivan were sick at the weekend by the way. Any truth in the McCabe thing?

mylestheslasher

Don't know what Killeshandra were complaining about. I did hear that Tommy Carr rang Thomais Reilly to tell him he wasn't starting the game against Armagh and then proceeded to tell him he was very impressed with him and was thinking of bringing him into the senior panel ???
Thay may also be annoyed with the way Damian Higgins was dropped from the panel without getting as much as a phone call. Or maybe they just want King to be new manager and are trying to get a few million from the county board to fund it!

Celt_Man

Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1 Round 3
Mullahoran v Ramor Utd - Fancy Ramor to sneek this by a point or two
Ballinagh v Denn - Ballinagh by a 2 or 3
Cavan Gaels v Gowna - Can't look past the Gaels
Cuchulainns v Castlerahan - hard one to call, maybe Castlerahan will miss county men more, Cucus to win
Killygarry v Lavey - Fancy Killygarry to win a close one, draw wouldn't be a shock
Crosserlough v Belturbet - Home win, Jayo a big loss
Redhills v Lacken - Fancy Redhills to win, McGrath park is a hard place to win

Cathal Brady Audi A.C.F.L. Division 2 Round 3
Crosserlough v Cootehill - Ourselves by a few points, C'lough had been disappointing so far
Killeshandra v Drumalee - not too sure, drumalee maybe by 2
Cavan Gaels v Drumgoon - goonies to struggle without co men but expect them to sneak thru, don't be surprised if its a draw
Killinkere v Drung - defer to cavan4ever's judgement, killinkere win
Drumlane v Shercock - can't look past drumlane
Knockbride v Kill - Knockbride by 5 or 6, tierney v mckenna will be some battle though
Kingscourt v Ballyhaise - Home win, kingscourt going well by all reports

John Brady Insurances Ltd A.C.F.L. Division 3 Round 3
Ballymachugh v Munterconnacht - bakkymachugh hard to beat at home, home win
Butlersbridge v Templeport - Bridge by 2
Shannon Gaels v Corlough - Shannon gaels by 3
Swanlinbar v Cornafean - Swad to win by few scores
Kildallon v Laragh Utd - maybe tie of the round in div 3, gonna go for laragh
Mountnugent v Bailieboro - expect bailieboro to continue good run
Killygarry v Arva - arva to beat a stuggling k'garry team
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4sam

Mackey and Cullivan both have the mumps. I know for sure that Mackey will be out this weekend, not sure on Cullivan.

Also Sean Brady broke his nose at training on Paddy's morning in a collision with Eddie. Think it needs an operation and he will be out for around 2 months.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on March 25, 2009, 09:08:02 AM
Mackey and Cullivan both have the mumps. I know for sure that Mackey will be out this weekend, not sure on Cullivan.

Also Sean Brady broke his nose at training on Paddy's morning in a collision with Eddie. Think it needs an operation and he will be out for around 2 months.

Mumps is a serious dose in adults. I'd say you'd be 2 weeks getting over it properly.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: RednBlack on March 25, 2009, 11:53:40 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 24, 2009, 08:02:32 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on March 24, 2009, 03:16:36 PM
Q. What does a Cavan Senior Footballer and a Kilkenny Senior Footballer got in common?

A. Neither has scored a goal in the current NFL.

We are in top class company now lads!!!! Podge still on panel.

Heard there was a bit of dirt flying around at the County Board meeting last night. I believe Killeshandra got stuck in about the Under 21 mess and also a few others had a go about Senior team. Also heard a few clubs had a go about the mess that is Bord Peil na nOg and the messing that has gone with them this year. Top table all stuck together and Tom & Jerry got great praise for the work they are doing at underage. Could laugh only it would hurt so much!!!!!
Any idea what Killeshandra's problem was RNB? I have a hunch. Word is that both Mackey & Cullivan were sick at the weekend by the way. Any truth in the McCabe thing?
Want Under 21s to be kept away from senior set up and that seniors play mckenna cup minus under 21 and college contingent. get in training lads we all may be needed in 2010 if we rest all that gang!!!!

McCabe info is solid. Sure he must have had a ball in Cardiff compared to Tullamore.

Check out Celt photos of game. Shows Hannon winning a ball in front of McNamee. That photographer deserves great credit in snapping the only one of the day!!!!!   :D
IF the McCabe story is true and UNLESS he genuinely missed a boat/flight home, and I mean a cancellation rather than him being late, a big blue f**k OFF to you Mr.McCabe. I'm sure the moderator will make an allowance here.

anglocelt39

don't think Dermot could possibly have been in Cardiff, well not in the ground at any rate. ROG'S (passing) resemblance to Pierce Mckenna (from a great distance) would have been too much, he'd have been in there barging him off the ball every time the Ireland Number 10 was even threathening to line up a kick.

Seriously for a moment, somebody asked if we think TC has written off the league and is using it to experiment for the championship. I could see what he's at up to a point, just hope to god we don't end up experimenting in Ruislip and Ballyraggett, Co. Kilkenny during next years league campaign.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds