Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 17, 2008, 11:41:03 PM
Homer

did Gaynor play much football with B'nagh this year?

do much training etc??

i was thinkining maybe  lack of match practice and general fitness might be one of the reasons Carr overlooked him? or maybe Tommy has heard the stories and has decided not to risk it.

Since February (the Fingal Ravens game) he has played a little under, an hour and a half of football.  :-\

He wasn't overlooked as such he's just taking a break and giving an injury that he has a bit of time. He didn't attend any of the trial games.

Would love to see it, but I wouldn't rate his chances of being back in the blue next year. I don't think he could play up front for the county and it's been a few years since he played in a defensive roll, it will take time for him to re-adapt.

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 18, 2008, 12:15:40 PM
Can people post what they reckon there club manger is getting paid in expenses. 

Sorry C4E, wouldn't have a clue what Ballinagh gave Morris nor what they would be offering now.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on December 18, 2008, 02:04:10 PM

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 18, 2008, 12:15:40 PM
Can people post what they reckon there club manger is getting paid in expenses. 

Sorry C4E, wouldn't have a clue what Ballinagh gave Morris nor what they would be offering now.

Right, just that i heard out manger got 10k last year and wants more to come back this year.  Seem to be a bit much for a club of our size to be paying especially when we are trying to do up the grounds.

Homer

Just heard that Ballinagh have appointed John Mulvaney as the new manager. Played county and had spells with Moynalty and Killenkere but wouldn't know a whole pile about him as a manager. Anybody here able to fill me in?

boojangles

Quote from: Homer on December 19, 2008, 11:12:32 AM
Just heard that Ballinagh have appointed John Mulvaney as the new manager. Played county and had spells with Moynalty and Killenkere but wouldn't know a whole pile about him as a manager. Anybody here able to fill me in?
Gaynor mite not play football for a few months yet.He had scans on his 2 ankles a while back and he has to get that sorted before he's back.
John Mulvanney,could be a good man,I hear he is very big on discipline.He did very well with Killinkere,brought them to a Championship Semi Final in 2005.
10 grand is a serious amount to be asking for.Most clubs Id imagine would be giving around 5k.
I heard that Keogan is the new manager with Denn,with Gary Farrelly staying on with him.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on December 19, 2008, 02:24:25 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 19, 2008, 11:12:32 AM
Gaynor mite not play football for a few months yet.He had scans on his 2 ankles a while back and he has to get that sorted before he's back.
John Mulvanney,could be a good man,I hear he is very big on discipline.He did very well with Killinkere,brought them to a Championship Semi Final in 2005.
10 grand is a serious amount to be asking for.Most clubs Id imagine would be giving around 5k.
I heard that Keogan is the new manager with Denn,with Gary Farrelly staying on with him.

So much for taking the year out but I suppose he was never a great man for saying what he means.

Denn Forever

Is this the truth you speak?

Well it would be par for the course at Denn.  Get out of our way while we shoot ourself in the foot!  You'd only make a balls of it.

Getting rid of Kevin O'Donnell? 

Comfortable in Division 1 and Senior Championship Final.   Should have done better.

Well I suppose we know best.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 19, 2008, 03:27:25 PM

Is this the truth you speak?

Well it would be par for the course at Denn.  Get out of our way while we shoot ourself in the foot!  You'd only make a balls of it.

Getting rid of Kevin O'Donnell? 

Comfortable in Division 1 and Senior Championship Final.   Should have done better.

Well I suppose we know best.

Dont quote me on it,I actually thought you(Denn4ever) cud clarify it.When ya look at it,yas would be crazy to change your Management team.Was Gary Farrelly the manager or was it KevinMcDonnell?
Keogan would b better off managing your U-12s or something,let him learn the ropes!

Denn Forever

To be honest Bojangles, I've been afraid to ask in case it is true!

I don't have a problem with Donal but I don't know what we the club want?  Mid Table and Senior Championship final.  What more could you ask for?

Don't know where to start.........................
means what he says...

boojangles

I see where your coming from Denn4ever,No disrespect to Denn or anything but last year would have to be seen as a very very good year.Like the year before yas beat us in a relegation play-off to stay in Senior.I doubt any of your supporters could have even dreamed of reaching a Championship final within a year of that.So what is the point of changing managers? I really dont see Denn taking on the Gaels, so last year should have been viewed as a bonus,not a failure.

118cmal

Well lads, can anyone answer me this, how has larry reilly never won an all star?

Denn Forever

Denn management team is Gary Farrelly, Pat Baker and Gerry Brady.  The only reason why Donal's name might have been linked is that Gary Farrelly is his brother in law.

The reason Larry Reilly never won an All Star is that he wasn't in that class.  If I want to go through a brick wall, I'll be behind Larry.  But I think I'd check if the door was opened first.
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Hope everyone of ye had a good christmas lads,A Few pounds of alcohol will have to be run off in the next few weeks,this end anyway.
First game this weekend against Queens.
I believe theres a challenge match against Meath tommorow(Probably for the players on the fringes)

mylestheslasher

Don't think I'll be home for the queens game. Any report on how it goes would be apprecited. Happy new year to all of ye lads.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 01, 2009, 08:14:09 PM
Don't think I'll be home for the queens game. Any report on how it goes would be apprecited. Happy new year to all of ye lads.

No bother Myles,will have one on the board Saturday Night.

mylestheslasher

Someone on Hoganstand says that Cavan and Meath drew 2-12 each in Navan yesterday. Anyone know anything about who lined out for us?