Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 25, 2007, 12:38:40 PM
The rate at which they're closing down 'skintown' direction, it's probably just as well. Cavan would want him focused on his football and not worrying about scraping up the few bob to pay the rent ;D

Will be an interesting addition to Crosserlough's team all the same. I wonder how they managed to get him, who does he know there, what made him plump for them over other more obvious candidates?

I didnt ask him...
must do next time I see him..
think he knows no-one there, just had to join a Cavan club in order to pay for the county

cavanmaniac

And tell him we'll all be rooting for him in the blue shirt as well! (especially if he bags 3-9 against Meath....instant hero! :o)

Homer

Been absent for a while folks. Feck all for news yous lads.

Gaynor asked to get back in the panel l\st week alright but as off the Tyrone match he hadn't got a call back. Haven't heard anything since.

Regards the u21s wasn't at the Leitrim game but Delaney was in goals, Sean McCormack full-back started very shaky but settled (podge wasn't playing) Taite and Geoghan were the wing half backs both played well (Geoghan's third good game for them) McDonald and Cunningham midfield. Anton Reilly on the 40. Raymond Galligan scored 6 points (5 frees but very well taken). Alan 'toasty' Clarke was at the game in a cast from his groin to his ankle, he's fractured his tibia (the thigh bone) from the Longford game, will be out for 11 weeks. Enda McCormack is to resume training after a spell out with a groin injury.

I'd heard since alright the pub story about Gallagher isn't true. D'OH.

cavan4ever

yeah id say that gallagher story started in a pub .  Gaynor will be back thats for sure well worth his place and his hard hittting will b needed to get crowd and team going..

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Homer on January 25, 2007, 01:49:45 PM

Gaynor asked to get back in the panel l\st week alright but as off the Tyrone match he hadn't got a call back. Haven't heard anything since.

Hopefully it's because they didn't want to upset the panel of players that have trained all year or soemthing, but will welcome him back later on or something. Can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't have him back...unless he's heading off again shortly or something and they didn't see the point?

BallyhaiseMan

bad news about Clarke......he would have been one of our key under 21 men this year....

im guessing the news about Gallagher working in Shercock was also false.....

Its strange Darragh Gaffney isnt around the under 21 scene? Laziness or the management dont fancy him?

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 25, 2007, 04:04:59 PM
Quote from: Homer on January 25, 2007, 01:49:45 PM

Hopefully it's because they didn't want to upset the panel of players that have trained all year or soemthing, but will welcome him back later on or something. Can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't have him back...unless he's heading off again shortly or something and they didn't see the point?

he was only away a few weeks and had trained b4 he went away so i don't think anyone would have been upset.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 25, 2007, 04:48:24 PM
im guessing the news about Gallagher working in Shercock was also false.....

LOL
I must tell him that one

also there will shortly be sightings of him and lord lucan racing around Kildallan on shergar soon.... :D

he's keeping the job he has and in fact the role he has in dublin is actually branching out to be something a little more exciting  than it was...so shercock will have to wait...

Homer

Fixtures Division 1
A.C.F.L. Div 1 2007

Round One

Belturbet v Cuchullains
Mullahoran v Ballinagh
Gowna v Ballyhaise
Cavan Gaels v Denn
Kingscourt v Drumalee
Drumlane v Lacken
Castlerahan v Crosserlough

Round Two

Cuchullains v Mullahoran
Ballinagh v Gowna
Ballyhaise v Cavan Gaels
Denn v Kingscourt
Drumalee v Drumlane
Lacken v Crosserlough
Belturbet v Castlerahan

Round Three

Mullahoran v Belturbet
Gowna v Cuchullains
Cavan Gaels v Ballinagh
Kingscourt v Ballyhaise
Drumlane v Denn
Crosserlough v Drumalee
Castlerahan v Lacken

Round Four

Belturbet v Gowna
Cuchullains v Cavan Gaels
Ballinagh v Kingscourt
Ballyhaise v Drumlane
Denn v Crosserlough
Drumalee v Lacken
Mullahoran v Castlerahan

Round Five

Gowna v Mullahoran
Cavan Gaels v Belturbet
Kingscourt v Cuchullains
Drumlane v Ballinagh
Crosserlough v Ballyhaise
Lacken v Denn
Castlerahan v Drumalee

Round Six

Mullahoran v Cavan Gaels
Belturbet v Kingscourt
Cuchullains v Drumlane
Ballinagh v Crosserlough
Ballyhaise v Lacken
Denn v Drumalee
Gowna v Castlerahan

Round Seven

Cavan Gaels v Gowna
Kingscourt v Mullahoran
Drumlane v Belturbet
Crosserlough v Cuchullains
Lacken v Ballinagh
Drumalee v Ballyhaise
Castlerahan v Denn

Round Eight

Gowna v Kingscourt
Mullahoran v Drumlane
Belturbet v Crosserlough
Cuchullains v Lacken
Ballinagh v Drumalee
Ballyhaise v Denn
Cavan Gaels v Castlerahan

Round Nine

Kingscourt v Cavan Gaels
Drumlane v Gowna
Crosserlough v Mullahoran
Lacken v Belturbet
Drumalee v Cuchullains
Denn v Ballinagh
Castlerahan v Ballyhaise

Round Ten

Cavan Gaels v Drumlane
Gowna v Crosserlough
Mullahoran v Lacken
Belturbet v Drumalee
Cuchullains v Denn
Ballinagh v Ballyhaise
Kingscourt v Castlerahan

Round Eleven

Drumlane v Kingscourt
Crosserlough v Cavan Gaels
Lacken v Gowna
Drumalee v Mullahoran
Denn v Belturbet
Ballyhaise v Cuchullains
Castlerahan v Ballinagh

Round Twelve

Kingscourt v Crosserlough
Cavan Gaels v Lacken
Gowna v Drumalee
Mullahoran v Denn
Belturbet v Ballyhaise
Cuchullains v Ballinagh
Drumlane v Castlerahan

Round Thirteen

Crosserlough v Drumlane
Lacken v Kingscourt
Drumalee v Cavan Gaels
Denn v Gowna
Ballyhaise v Mullahoran
Ballinagh v Belturbet
Castlerahan v Cuchullains

BallyhaiseMan

Gowna, Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt in the first three games yet again  >:(  >:(
The county board want us relegated for sure.

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 26, 2007, 12:29:46 PM
Gowna, Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt in the first three games yet again >:( >:(
The county board want us relegated for sure.

Could be worse BallyhaiseMan we have Mullahoran, Gowna, Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt as our first four games. Actually looking at it now you guys are playing the latter 3 just before us, so do us a favour and send out the bruisers will ya.  ;)

BallyhaiseMan

Bruisers Homer.....
You know well by now
we have none of those  :D  :D  :D
as defending League Champions though you should have no problems with that... we however seem to be perennial relegation candidates.

Homer

Well to be honest BallyhaiseMan we started with the same attitude as you last year (ie. avoiding relegation the main goal), and look how we ended up.

I hear you's have a new recruit anyway, a guard and former county u21 from Laois if my sources are correct, should do your cause no harm.

BallyhaiseMan

indeed,John Donoghue

Looks a very good player in training i must say......

should be a straight fight between ourselves again for the Intermediate Title id say....
With Perhaps Drumgoon also involved.

cavanmaniac

Have Drumgoon sorted their house out since last year? Because I watched them in championship last year and they were an absolute RABBLE.

Lots of problems there to be sorted out to my eye, a club that fell along way after a meteoric rise up the ranks. Hopefully they'll stabilise, it's good to see a club building from the bottom and challenging the old order from time to time.