Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Tyrone have shocking strength in depth...Paul Rouse and Christy Calhoun who i never heard of before Saturday were outstanding
However Cavan were missing a fair few players that will be on the team in May IMO

Miller
Michael Hannon
Gaynor
Rabbitte
Jelly
Lyng...but im probably being too optimistic about him being back in time for May

anyone know how the under 21's got on against Letrim on Saturday, what team they played and who played well etc?

cavanmaniac

The Indo has the Undie 21 result down as Cavan 0-11 Leitrim 0-7, with Roscommon 4-11 Longford 2-8 the other result. Will take a few days for word on team lineouts etc. to filter out I'd say but so far so good for this particular team anyway, even if our strong performances in the competition have counted for little once the main championship business got underway in recent years. Who's managing the U21s can anyone tell me, is it Keogan or someone else?

I also see we don't have a further game in the McKenna Cup as we didn't finish as one of the best runner-ups. Ah well. It was a very useful exercise and we can get the planning going for the crunch league opener against Meath. It's an awful shame this hasn't been moved to the Sunday so we could catch the Dublin Tyrone game on TV and attend this spicy local derby as well...

Handball Ace

The U 21's have the same management team as seniors

cavan4ever

Yeah true enough cavanmaniac it would have been good to be able to see both games.  Alot of our league games are on saturdays now aswell which is alright but it was always gud to have a league game on a sunday to go to. 

BallyhaiseMan

i think Thomas Jackson is involved in the under 21's but not the seniors?  ???

will we be missing Gunner for the Meath Match...if hes playing Handball in the big tournament thats starting in Kingscourt soon?

what we got out of the McKenna cup in my opinion is the knowledge that two new players we tried Crowe and Cunningham are fit for this level.

cavan4ever

Jackson has been along the line the at last two senior games.  He wasn't suposed to be involved from what i heard at start of year. 

Handball Ace

The M Donnelly/My Home Dubai/Envirogreen Ulster Open will be on the weekend 10-11 Feb, the same weekend Cavan play Wicklow. Id say Brady will play both football and handball.

Any of the Cavan supporters on here intending to come and watch the top ten handballers on the planet getting whupped by a Cavan man?!

cavan4ever

Is it a really big tournament??

Handball Ace

The biggest in the history of the sport.

Bigger than the World Championships even.

Check http://cavan.handball.gaa.ie  for the details

Here's the press release:

World Class Handball Tournament Launch

The Kingscourt Handball Club have announced the details of the groundbreaking M Donnelly/ My Home Dubai – Envirogreen Ulster Open, which will be staged in the state of the art three court complex in Kingscourt, Co Cavan on the weekend of 10-11 February 2007.

This will be the biggest and most innovative handball event ever staged on this island, with six of the top American players confirmed to attend. Allied to our own senior World Champions Paul Brady, Eoin Kennedy and Tony Healy, the presence of the Americans (including US number one Naty Alvarado Jr) will ensure that the top ten male, and top eight female, handballers on the planet will be in Kingscourt on the weekend in question.

The blue riband Mens and Ladies Open Singles will be run in conjunction with a host of other grades. There are185 entries in total, with players ranging in age from 13 to 50.

A banquet will be held on the Saturday night of the competition in the four star Cabra Castle Hotle to honour players, supporters and sponsors of the tournament.

The Ulster International Open will be the most high profile event Irish handball has witnessed, and will be officially launched on Monday 6th February at 1 pm in Croke Park.

cavan4ever

God this site is slipping lads..

Many heading to the first league game in Navan??

cavanmaniac

Looks like I've got something on that night and won't be able to make it. Feckin' families >:(

I'm rightly pissed off, there's only a handful of games in this division I really didn't want to miss this year and this is one of them.

BallyhaiseMan

will probably go to Navan...as long as nothing creeps up between now and then.
dont worry Maniac...
There will be a report at about 5am on the Sunday Morning when i get in hungover   :D

mylestheslasher

I will be going. I think we will win as long as Keoghan gives the lads a bit of a break from the hard training before this game. It is a key game and we need to get of on a good footing this year. What better way than to beat those Meath dirt bags!!! Any word on whether Gaynor is back on the panel - I hope he gets called in and that there is no "personalities" at play here.

lynchbhoy

Just to let you know that Rory Gallagher is not going to be running a pub around the Killinaleck area.
He is joining Crosserlough. Still going to be working and living in Dublin.

cavanmaniac

The rate at which they're closing down 'skintown' direction, it's probably just as well. Cavan would want him focused on his football and not worrying about scraping up the few bob to pay the rent ;D

Will be an interesting addition to Crosserlough's team all the same. I wonder how they managed to get him, who does he know there, what made him plump for them over other more obvious candidates?