Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Come out of the closet already Hollow Man

Its quite obvious by now that you have feelings for Sean McCormack,

Its the 21st century nowadays, we wont hold it against you.  ;)

Mr. Pain

Ah ya dirty ould dog ya BHM! If SMc is that way inclined so be it. What about Terry Brady for coach? Just kidding...
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

BallyhaiseMan

Sure i think Hollow Man should tell Sean how he feels,  :D

im afraid Sean Might not see the funny side though and im not responsible ,when i mean erh ''should'' any physical harm come to Hollow Man :P  :D

Mr Pain i know for a fact Sean along with about 6/7 county players(that i know of) reads this site, so id be careful if i were you.  ;)

Big men hiding behind online identities sniping at players. Some lads on here wouldnt be so brave in the Farnham or the Imperial  ;D

Hollow Man

Who is sniping at anyone?

I think I might register with one of the fishing message boards and reveal the big catch I just had with BH Man. Simple, just throw out the bait, wait a few minutes, then reel that baby in  :-*

Mr. Pain

Thats very hard talking BHM. Somehow Mr. Pain is not shaking in his boots, somehow.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Homer

Whispers circulating suggesting that Ballinagh have been given a reprieve of sorts.

Club fined €6000, Ballinagh forfeit's first round of Senior Championship but may participate in the back-door / relegation battle, Ballinagh also forfeit all home games.

I'm not sure what the story is with the League yet or for how long we forfeit home games.

Homer

Just confirmed

Club fined €6000,
Ballinagh forfeit first round of Senior Championship but may participate in the back-door / relegation battle,
Ballinagh forfeit all remaining games of ACFL
Ballinagh also forfeit home advantage for 96 weeks (2 years)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on July 24, 2008, 12:18:37 PM
Just confirmed

Club fined €6000,
Ballinagh forfeit first round of Senior Championship but may participate in the back-door / relegation battle,
Ballinagh forfeit all remaining games of ACFL
Ballinagh also forfeit home advantage for 96 weeks (2 years)

Personally I think this is fair enough. The club get punished quite severely but at least the players have something to train for and are not being punished for the act of one idiot.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Home advantage? What a load of shite. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the original punishment but making them play up the road in exchange for effectively re-entering the championship is typical GAA. Maybe they should think things through before the dish out the punishments. At least Killygarry can put the feet up for a while if General Lovett allows it.

cavanmaniac

Both Luke Dempsey and Tommy Carr making noises in the press about taking up new manager positions, both are handily located, would anyone here have them in Cavan?

I quite like Dempsey to a degree, I have to say. I know he has never won anything as such but he has a track record in working with young players and getting the best out of them, and effectively, there's a rebuilding job on with young players in Cavan. I'd love to have him in charge of our next few U21 teams as well. He seems to be a good motivator too but the worry I'd have is that he might not be the strong enough personality required to clear out the bad influences in the dressing room.

On that score, Tommy Carr as a noted disciplinarian, deserves a mention. His track record isn't great with Dublin in terms of silverware, but I can't imagine any of Cavan's A-league superstars getting shirty with him in the dressing room and living to tell the tale, he will have worked with some of the biggest egos there are when in Dublin and is obviously used to pressure as well. He got Roscommon to Croke Park through the qualifiers as well and they gave Kerry a game of it as far as I recall. I'm not sure he'd have us challenging but giving him the job for two years to instil a culture of discipline might not be a bad idea.

Anyway, just throwing it out there and getting the ball rolling, have a cut off the two of them there 'till we see what the brains of the board think!   

Denn Forever

I never thought of Tommy Carr.  Been there, done that and has the T-Shirt!

Does he have other committements like press or TV?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hollow Man

He has never achieved anything. That was a very good Roscommon team with the likes of Francie Grehan and Frankie Dolan among other class players, yet Carr the "disciplinarian" let them run riot.

Also, he did nothing with Dublin. Don't want him!

Dempsey has a decent record, but his last two years with Longford were brutal and he's ot well liked down there for some reason.

I'd like Mickey Moran and John Morrison to take it.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 24, 2008, 02:55:21 PM
He has never achieved anything. That was a very good Roscommon team with the likes of Francie Grehan and Frankie Dolan among other class players, yet Carr the "disciplinarian" let them run riot.

Dempsey has a decent record, but his last two years with Longford were brutal and he's ot well liked down there for some reason.

Moran is a very good coach who wanted to become a manager. He is not noted as a disciplinarian...but has a decent record thou

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 24, 2008, 02:55:21 PM

I can't recall too well but I don't think Grehan and Dolan were too bad them times...Dolan played a stormer against Kildare in the qualifiers under Tommy Carr I think. I'm only guessing though.

Dempsey would be a better shout for me though. I think he'd have a better calibre of player to work with than in Longford and possibly more youth coming through. I think he did as well as he could with the resources he had in Longford...decent forwards but a defence that kept leaving the door open, and they gave Kerry a rattle in championship too. In short, I'm not sure I know manay managers that would have done better than Luke in Longford but I'm open to correction.

Mickey Moran deserves a mention alright but I absolutely despise that awful basketball crab-like shortpassing game that he insists on playing every time with every team. I think its day is done at this stage with direct ball into big full forward now the way to go.

Hollow Man

They were OK till they played pool in the nip and got the county team disbanded.

My point is, that was a class team and would have won something with a good manager, which Carr is not.

Moran had Mayo playing sensational football in 2006. Remember when they came back from seven down to beat Dublin? Best game of football I've seen. Pity about the final collapse.

Who else is out there?

Any other seedy night club owners who have never managed a club team and done nothing with an exceptional minor team?