Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I find Crowe doesn't make much impact and for the most part he seems to let the game pass him by.

As Myles and Rossi have said theres no point in playing Mackey at this stage of the year he's a dry sod player. Similar to Killian Lynch playing with the u21s, its just not gonna happen. The defence was quite shaky especially in the last ten minutes.

Anyway according to the hoganstand it would seem the Tyrone game is gonna be postponed, due to the reprocusions pending on Mickey Harte and his crew.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=71160

lynchbhoy

looked like a decent turn out at Cavan training last night
I counted 31 or 32
No sign of Gaynor though

Rossi

I actually thought Crowe played well enough also.Was strong going for the ball and distribution wasn't too bad.Did anyone feel that when McCabe went to full forward in the second half that Cavan stopped playing football and were content to hit long hopeful (50/50) balls into McCabe.Hopefully this isn't going to be the trend for the year.

Has Sean Brady finished in UCD? also qestion for Ballyhaiseman, S McCormack came on as a sub for DIT at the weekend,would this be your clubman? 

BallyhaiseMan

Rossi
No as far as im aware S McCormack is playing Trench Cup for Trinity....so unless theres some rule that you can play Trench for one college and Sigerson for another i dont think it could be him.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Rossialso qestion for Ballyhaiseman, S McCormack came on as a sub for DIT at the weekend,would this be your clubman?

That would be Seán McCormack of Longford.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 16, 2007, 09:13:50 AM
I counted 31 or 32
No sign of Gaynor though

Lynchbhoy
where were they training?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 16, 2007, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 16, 2007, 09:13:50 AM
I counted 31 or 32
No sign of Gaynor though

Lynchbhoy
where were they training?
St. Brigids Castleknock/Blanchardstown new all weather pitch

BallyhaiseMan

ahhh im guessing  that was a mixture of Under 21's and Seniors based in Dublin and that there was another Session in Cavan for the home based players..

cavanmaniac

A freezing cold night in January when everyone else is at the fire, and the bould Lynchboy is off on clandestine manoeuvres hiding in a hedge taking notes on the Cavan footballers. I worry about you Lynchboy I really do...

Actually, could this be construed as a form of GAA dogging?

"Sorry Donal, I was just, erm, ahem, cough, cough, walking the ould dog....";D

Only joking my friend. :P

Did you see anything interesting itself?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 16, 2007, 12:29:38 PM
A freezing cold night in January when everyone else is at the fire, and the bould Lynchboy is off on clandestine manoeuvres hiding in a hedge taking notes on the Cavan footballers. I worry about you Lynchboy I really do...

Actually, could this be construed as a form of GAA dogging?

"Sorry Donal, I was just, erm, ahem, cough, cough, walking the ould dog....";D

Only joking my friend. :P

Did you see anything interesting itself?

I happened to be there for another reason for a while.
I only saw them arrive out onto the pitch and the only people I recognised were McCabe and I think Pierson
All in woolly hats and bulky warm training gear, which I thought was odd in itself as it wasnt a cold night at all as I hobbled about in my t shirt

I left as they were warming up.
It could have been the senior panel as the floodlit all weather pitch is a lot easier to train a team on and even do decent ball work rather than slogging wastefully around a mucky field
as I couldnt identify nearly all of them , I cant really comment much

Denn Forever

In answer to Lynchboys statement yhat there was no sign of Gaynor, hasn't he gone to Australia for a few months.  Hopefully not for a Aussie Rules trial as I think Aussie Rules woulld be to his taste.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Bottom Brick

Gaynor's home as far as I know
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Homer

Gaynor's home since last Wednesday alright, haven't been talking to him so don't know if he has gone back into the county or what.  ???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 16, 2007, 09:22:55 PM
Gaynor's home since last Wednesday alright, haven't been talking to him so don't know if he has gone back into the county or what.  ???
right if I see the lads training next week, I'll tell keoghan that Gaynor said he's a fat old has been who serves bad beer and he doesnt want to come back on the panel

(Keoghan will undoubtedly say that both Gaynors butchers serve fare worse than dog meat)

I'm sure he'll be back training shortly

Homer

New League & Championship Proposals

New proposals will shake things up a bit, some resistance from Junior Clubs as usual but PRO had all the answers for them and got it through unanimous after a excellent presentation.

All County Football Leagues 2007

ACFL to comprise of 6 Divisions (1-6)
Divisions 4, 5 & 6 would be the current reserve teams
Promotion and relegation through each of the divisions
The top two teams in each division to play in league final
Bottom two teams relegated in Divisions 1 & 2
One team relegated in Division 3, 4 & 5
One team promoted in Divisions 4, 5 & 6
14 teams to play in divisions 1, 2 & 3 as per 2006 season

Championship Football:

Senior, Intermediate & Junior Championships to return to a knockout basis
Backdoor qualifying system for the 1st round losers
In the case of the Senior & Intermediate Championships, 7 teams go into the backdoor for one quarter-final position.
In the Junior Championship, 6 teams go into the backdoor for 2 quarter-final positions.
In the Senior and Intermediate qualifier, one team will get a bye to the second round with 3 games taking place in the first round.
In the junior championship backdoor first round, 3 winners go forward to play each other for 2 quarter-final places.

Junior B, C & D Competitions to be run in place of Reserve Championships
Junior B, C & D Competitions to be run on a knockout basis

Relegation

The 3 teams that lose the first round backdoor qualifiers in Senior & Intermediate will go into a relegation play-off.

There will be no relegation in the Junior Championship

- taken from the hoganstand message board