Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on January 05, 2007, 12:59:48 PM
Is he coming to play for a club in Cavan?
Very hazy on this, but I dont think you can play county unless you play for a club in the county (or hail from the county)

but this whole scenario is breaking new ground...(it differs from any of the previous transfers I recall as lads traditionally would move to the area from their home club & county, transfer to the new club and then play county - pauraic brogan/declan darcy)

I heard that Gallagher was going to some club in the (south)  ballyduff/kilanleck/mullahoran cavan region (and its none of them apparantly)
but my source hasnt a clue about the clubs in her own area and thus the info was wasted and couldnt give me the fecking name

again it could be just idle rumour and he goes to the gaels
cant see anyone in their right mind going to the denn

although the club he is mooted to be joining has a selector/financial backer of the cavan county team

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2007, 01:02:15 PM
I heard Gallagher's transfered to Crosserlough and that he's taking over "The Pub" in Kilnaleck, don't know how true this is tho.

you know I forgot to mention the club 'crosserlough' and reeled in most of the other ones in the region
I wonder if she would have remembered the club name if I had called it out

Homer

I was talkin to a man from Kilnaleck yesterday and he wouldn't have the first clue about football and he told me some guy from Fermanagh was taken over The Pub, I asked if it was hardly a Gallagher fella, and he said it was  ??? ??? ???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2007, 01:37:48 PM
I was talkin to a man from Kilnaleck yesterday and he wouldn't have the first clue about football and he told me some guy from Fermanagh was taken over The Pub, I asked if it was hardly a Gallagher fella, and he said it was  ??? ??? ???

what is it about you folk from round Bellinagh and Kilinaleck - most wouldnt know a football or anything thats going on in the local sides...

really bucks the trend in Cavan !

;)

Homer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 01:39:26 PM
I was talking to a man from Kilnaleck yesterday and he wouldn't have the first clue about football and he told me some guy from Fermanagh was taken over The Pub, I asked if it was hardly a Gallagher fella, and he said it was  ??? ??? ???

what is it about you folk from round Bellinagh and Kilinaleck - most wouldnt know a football or anything thats going on in the local sides...

;)

I was only putting it like that because I don't know why this fella would have that story if it wasn't true because he wouldn't have a notion who Raymond Gallagher was  :-\

The Bottom Brick

Quotecant see anyone in their right mind going to the denn

Why's that?

They're a solid senior league club and got to the last four of the senior championship in 2005 I think
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2007, 01:50:08 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 01:39:26 PM
I was talking to a man from Kilnaleck yesterday and he wouldn't have the first clue about football and he told me some guy from Fermanagh was taken over The Pub, I asked if it was hardly a Gallagher fella, and he said it was  ??? ??? ???

;)

I was only putting it like that because I don't know why this fella would have that story if it wasn't true because he wouldn't have a notion who Raymond Gallagher was  :-\

I think I found the only family in Cavan to marry into that are not clued into football at all - unusual as there are usually 'some' in a famly that would have some passing interest

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on January 05, 2007, 02:02:07 PM
Quotecant see anyone in their right mind going to the denn

Why's that?

They're a solid senior league club and got to the last four of the senior championship in 2005 I think

a nice club
but unless they have some serious underage talent coming through they are always going to be outsiders to win anything
and its only usually the 'sexy' big shot clubs that outsiders (high profile ones) join

ok crosserlough if its true also goes against the grain, but I expect this is a money thing
its always the gaels and maybe gowna possibly crosserlough and maybe kingscourt/bailboro (when they are going well) that can attract them

cavanmaniac

Yeah actually, good shout, I'd have him in there as well. Throw in the fact that he's a Denn man and his absence is a puzzle alright, but then again at this time of year with team holidays and taking breaks, the panel is always a bit up in the air. Besides I've just found out you can rotate five new players in and out of the squad from game to game in the McKenna Cup, to aid experimentation, so I wouldn't be too bothered about who's there or not just yet.

The Bottom Brick

Quoteits always the gaels and maybe gowna possibly crosserlough and maybe kingscourt/bailboro (when they are going well) that can attract them

Did Gowna/Crosserlough/Kingscourt/Baiileboro have any high profile imports in recent years?

B'boro had Pat Fallon I think anyway. Kingscourt had Raymond Cunninghakm but he was more or less a Kingscourt man anyway, lived in the parish and won several handball All Irelands with the Kingscourt club and for Cavan.

Who did Gowna get?
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

i cant remember Gowna getting any blow ins i must say....

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 05, 2007, 06:47:24 PM
i cant remember Gowna getting any blow ins i must say....

what about Gowna gettin yer man Gunner from Mullahoran  ;D ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

no no lads, thats not what I menat
apologies for misleading

I meant that these were the top clubs that would be most attractive to outsiders thinking of transferring in
not that they had already attracted players

though mullahoran got a couple along with bealin a couple of years ago did they not?

The Bottom Brick

the got a Maguire fella from Fermanagh he was a good footballer...who did they get along with Bealin?
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on January 05, 2007, 09:32:54 PM
the got a Maguire fella from Fermanagh he was a good footballer...who did they get along with Bealin?
from memory I thought there was bealin and some other chap transferred in with him
cant remember , prob wouldnt know who it was anyway - just something in the back of my mind tells me I heard there was A N Other.