Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

I wouldn't worry about the Under 21's, Only Watson,Fortune,Faulkner,Hayes are definite starters,with Ben Kiernan and Liam Galligan probable starters. Others lads were also out of position, Pierce Smith is a forward and a very good one at that.
We will take beating again this year.

cavanforever

Yes they have been trying out alot of lads so wouldn't look too much into this. Realistically this will probably be the strongest 15 when looking at last years team and who is still available

Brackets indicate reasons players have not been playing during hastings cup apart from maybe the odd appearance.

1 I don't know much about the keepers on the panel
2 Barry Fortune
3 Padraig Faulkner (Been with Maynooth)
4 Fergal Reilly
5 Ciaran Brady
6 Aaron Watson
7 Gerry Smith
8 Liam Buchanan
9 Michael Argue (Been with UUJ)
10 Johnny McCabe
11 Enda Flanagan (Been with DIT)
12 Niall Clerkin / Vinny Coyle
13 Conor Madden (Been with DIT)
14 Tom Hayes
15 Ryan Connolly

Itchy

Cavan team named

Gilsenan, McLoughlin, Dunne, Hayes, mcvitty, k Clarke, r Flanagan, m Reilly, mckiernan, d Reilly, mcvitty, Conroy, McKeever, Dunne, McDermott, j Brady.

Bit more solid looking

Westside

What length of a ban is Gearoid looking at? Is this something that would need to have been heard by someone other than the players involved to be proven?

mrdeeds

I imagine it all depends on referee's report.

comeysfield

Would think it would be a couple of games if just verbals, but then it all depends on what referee heard / writes down. The only thing is that maybe ban will only be for McKenna cup

mylestheslasher

Straight red = 1 match ban, unless something else was noted. Can't believe any official would have heard what he said to be honest.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 21, 2015, 02:07:18 PM
Straight red = 1 match ban, unless something else was noted. Can't believe any official would have heard what he said to be honest.
He has 2 game competition ban and a blackened reputation.

Old yeller

Quote from: tommysmith on January 21, 2015, 02:20:40 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 21, 2015, 02:07:18 PM
He has 2 game competition ban and a blackened reputation.[b/]
Thats the worst part of it in fairness. If he hit someone a dirty box or called his sister a tr**p, etc. There wouldn't be a word about it today. Stupid thing to do

Westside

Extra incentive to win tonight, he would be a big miss for the league opener. Agree with the above, there's no condoning this conduct but had he caught someone with a dangerous tackle there'd be nothing more said. Wylie's tackle a few second before that I felt was dangerous to Martin Reilly but not a word about it now.. Still, it's a lesson for Gearoid.

Westside

Conor Gilsenan (Bailieboro), Killian Brady (Mullahoran), Rory Dunne (Redhills), Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels), Fergal Flanagan (Butlersbridge), Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon), Martin Reilly (Killygarry), Damien O'Reilly (Belturbet), Killian Clarke (Shercock), Dara McVeety (Crosserlough), Christopher Conroy (Lavey), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Niall McDermott (Ballinagh), Tom Hayes (Cootehill), Jack Brady (Ramor Utd)

Team for tonight.

Itchy

Innocent until proven guilty lads, don't assume the worst just yet.

Itchy

Any thoughts on the 2nd half yesterday and what went wrong? I only saw it on the TV but looked to me like Tyrone upped their work by 20%, the wind and I think a lack of fitness were the main causes. We didn't seem to have the people supporting our counters in the 2nd half. Its also pretty clear we have a big problem inside with no ball winner. Maybe they should see would Keating change his mind or maybe try Argue or someone in there. I was impressed with Clarke (looks a class act and very strong), Wright (again strong in the tackle) and Rory Dunne who did a good job on Cavanagh, even put him on his backside twice.  Pity we don't have an easier start tovtge league, Ros will be extremely hard beaten in Kiltoom

beer baron

As soon as Harte copped to drop men in front of Dunne and Mc Dermott the game was up,we had no clue what to do afterwards. Very disappointing.

redzone

having watched the game last night cavan need all the players on.geriod big miss.the fellow who plays in Dublin midfielder cant remember his name.keating to.cant understand him not wanting to play for his county.all in all it wasn't a bad performance.should come out of div 3.maybe cavan are aiming to high to soon.