Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

It doesn't matter if he is 21 or 31, if he was planning to go to America for the summer he could have just concentrated with the u21s for the year as he wanted to go to America last year. Goodluck to him anyway a great talent and earn a few quid in America for the summer, break might do him good, he had a lot of disappointments with Club , College and County in the last 12 months.

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 14, 2014, 06:36:46 PM
It doesn't matter if he is 21 or 31, if he was planning to go to America for the summer he could have just concentrated with the u21s for the year as he wanted to go to America last year. Goodluck to him anyway a great talent and earn a few quid in America for th summer, break might do him good, he had a lot of disapointments with Club , College and County in the last 12 months.

So you know he made the decision at the start of the year? Quit talking through your arse rodney. Anyone begrudging the lad, regardless of when he made the decision to go, needs a reality check.

rodney trotter

Good man Westside, you are contradicting yourself in 12 months

I wouldn't be overly happy with lads leaving after we were knocked out of Ulster, being realistic a bit of a qualifier run is what this team should be looking to directly after we exit Ulster. This is another situation where it's hard to blame them for wanting to go, it's amateur and you're only young and fit once.. But it's disappointing from a supporters perspective to think that the belief isn't there in some players. All assuming there's any truth to this of course.

If lads have decided to go when we exit the championship completely then good luck to them. If lads have decided to fly out after the 19th regardless then they shouldn't have committed for the year IMO.

And no I'm not begruding him anything , just curious why he opted to play Senior  this YEAR if wanted to go last summer. Goodluck to him

Westside

Jaysus rodney you have too much time on you hands to be going digging up old posts. Nice to know my words stick with you though. Not sure who this was in relation to leaving for the summer but I don't think it was any of the lads who had just played an U21 Campaign.

rodney trotter

You were pretty sure about it then so I remembered it now. Maybe you were talking out of your arse then.. It was u21 players last year.

Anyway that's that

Itchy

Is there any update since the celt was published. The timing is a bit dodgy, he could have made this decision when u21s were finished and not 3 wks away from Armagh

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 14, 2014, 07:37:22 PM
You were pretty sure about it then so I remembered it now. Maybe you were talking out of your arse then.. It was u21 players last year.

Anyway that's that

rodney what I said was in relation to a vague rumour that players had flights booked for after the Armagh game last year. No players were specified. Completely different situation than Killian Clarke deciding to go to America for the summer before the Championship starts having had limited involvement with the seniors this year.

Seriously though if you have the time to be trawling through posts to dig that up you might want to consider a better use of your time.

rodney trotter

The rumour was u21 players at the time and they would hav had little involment with the senios last year too, but you seemed to be alamred that i brought it up , well you will get over it,

Westside

Tommy said that there was a rumour some players already had flights booked to America for after the Armagh game. No mention was made of U21 players at all. Then I responded with what you quoted above. Completely different situation to Clarke leaving before Championship. I'm not alarmed in the slightest. You may have been alarmed seeing as you went to the effort of finding a post from almost a year ago, taking it out of context and saying I was contradicting myself. Enough of the petty back and forth rodney it's boring.

Who do people think will take a place in the side? I suppose McLoughlin is most likely to come in and pick up Clarke again. He hasn't had much match practice though..

rodney trotter

And Tommy also mentioned today that Clarke planned to go  last year if you had read  that, and i wasn't begruding him anything but you didnt bother reading it right..  It was still a situation where players were possibly going at some stage so it was all relevant

McGloughlin will probaly come in

heffo

Alan O'Mara was very good for Plunketts tonight when they beat Crokes..

rodney trotter

Big win for Plunketts, they went out early last year. Kilmacud were expected to do well this year.

comeysfield

Does that mean Kilmacud are OUT OUT. Or is there a back door

rodney trotter

They are out. Bernard Brogan was on fire for Plunketts by all accounts,. They were struggling in the league so it was an even a better result.

mylestheslasher

So is there any update on Killian Clarke, is he staying or is he going.