Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2013, 09:43:01 PM
Is that why McKeever moved schools Rodney, I don't think it was that alone. Gowna is much closer to Moyne than any other school you know.

Its the main reason. They had a very strong team when he joined with 5/6 Longford minors. Paddy Brady etc. I'm sure after 3 years he didn't just realize it was closer then Carrigallen :) There is only a few mile difference anyway

tommysmith

Well these lads are going well out of the way to play for St Pats, are they repeating the leaving?

Do they be about the place a tall other than for football?

mylestheslasher

All seems a bit elitist to me anyway.

rodney trotter

Of course, they are students like the rest in Pats and will be doing the Leaving June. Not all had it complete before they came, some repeating.

tommysmith

How do you know so much about them, are you a student in St pats ?

rodney trotter

No, I know a few of the Pats staff who are over the Sports area. Also have a cousin there. Drive by tomorrow Tommy and see if you can spot them...

tommysmith

I wouldn't know any cousin of yours rodney.

rodney trotter

Nah probably not, but the players you are intrigued with might be floating about.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 07, 2013, 10:14:05 PM
Nah probably not, but the players you are intrigued with might be floating about.

Id say that's the height of what there doing other than playing football  ;D

rodney trotter

tommysmith

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on November 07, 2013, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 07, 2013, 10:18:18 PM
It's not DCU, Tommy.

Yeah there would be a bit of flange around DCU.

Along with a scholarship,5k, apartment sorted,

tommysmith

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 07, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 07, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
They were asked would they liked to switch as Pats were going to compete in McRory this year. .Otherwise get another few hammering in McRory with a young team. Northern teams are an extra year in school. Nothing wrong with it, its only for the benefit of Cavan football that Pats can start to compete in McRory again.

Well I am a little uncomfortable with this, what about the schools they have left behind - what about the standard of football there?

I blame the parents.

Winning though'
http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=204213
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Pats drew with Colemans Newry today in McRory, up 7-2 at ht, 11pts to 2-5.

St Colman's Newry 2-5 St Patrick's Cavan 0-11

Two second half goals rescued a league point for St Colman's Newry in this Danske Bank MacRory Cup tie at Inniskeen on Saturday.

The Newry side looked lethargic during the opening half and seemed to be on their way to a third successive defeat in the competition, when they trailed 0-7 to 0-2 at the break.

Cavan looked sharp in that opening half and deserved their lead with points from 6 different players contributing to their total.

St Colman's though were a changed team after the break and pushed forward a lot more.  A high ball into the area in front of the goals in the 39th minute was well fielded by Conor Magee and planted in the net.

That brought them back to 0-7 to 1-2, and although Conor Gilmore added a point, scores from Ronan O'Reilly and Ben Conaty left them 3 points in arrears entering the last 10 minutes.

James French tied the teams with a 51st minute goal and Ryan Connolly and Patrick O'Hagan exchanged points on two occasions over the last 10 minutes to complete the scoring.

Either management could have pointed to goal opportunities that weren't taken during the second half, but both will be happy enough that they avoided defeat.

St Colman's : Conor Magee 1-0, James French 1-0, Patrick O'Hagan 0-2, Oisin O'Neill 0-1, Conor Gilmore 0-1, Conal Brown 0-1.

St Patrick's : Ryan Connolly 0-4, David Brady 0-1, Daragh Gannon 0-1, Stephen O'Reilly 0-1, Matthew McKenna 0-1, Brian Sheanan 0-1, Ronan O'Reill 0-1, Ben Conaty 0-1.