Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Good night mates.

Be careful now not to joke or have a bit of "banter" someone might actually see it and laugh themselves.

CC1

Quote from: tommysmith on August 05, 2013, 10:05:53 PM
Is it ok to call you butter fingers?
Perfectly fine, as old as the mean Cavan jokes and just about as original, but perfectly fine.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

You're on form tonight horse,i don't know why you would be calling one of the best keepers in the county and a county panelist within the last 2 years,(CC1)  "butter fingers".
You're going to have some head on you tommorow morning  ;D

anglocelt39

Tommy, just a few ideas:

it's about five years now since Bebo went out of business, time to get over it.

Ever think of taking a touch typing course since you don't seem capable of posting more than 10 words at a time. God knows you might be actually be able to do something useful like post a match report.

Remind me again about those lads on the county panel that were heading stateside the week after the Armagh game, my heads wrecked on that one.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

rodney trotter

Any thoughts on the Club Championship - now that county football is done for the year. Cavan Gaels + Johnston will be hard stopped no doubt. I think Ramor if they have everyone fit can do well. Castlerahan and Kingscourt will be thereabouts.

Ballyhaise Killeshandra and Cootehill would be the main teams for Intermediate.

Junior started last week. Arva had a very big win, very young team but have great potential.

The standard last year in the games I attended was very poor, hopefully better this year.

mylestheslasher

Take a wee nap and come back and its all kicking off...

Tommy - you seem to be having a Charlie Sheen style melt down, what in the name of God have you been drinking???

The only good thing is a few lads are back on here that we haven't heard much off in a while. Welcome back BHM, CC1 & whats my name (and me old mate Anglocelt).

I think Givney is a very good player and well get better. Cannot see why he wouldn't be playing midfield unless he is needed elsewhere. I don't know the lad but I've never heard anyone say anything other than he is a 100% committed lad and I think he deserves a bit of respect - as do all the lads who burst their holes for Cavan this year.

tommysmith

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 05, 2013, 10:49:22 PM

You're on form tonight horse,i don't know why you would be calling one of the best keepers in the county and a county panelist within the last 2 years,(CC1)  "butter fingers".
You're going to have some head on you tommorow morning  ;D

He didn't get the call for the Derry game when an outfield player was sub keeper must not be rated by Hyland and Co.

tommysmith

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 05, 2013, 10:59:35 PM
Tommy, just a few ideas:

it's about five years now since Bebo went out of business, time to get over it.

Ever think of taking a touch typing course since you don't seem capable of posting more than 10 words at a time. God knows you might be actually be able to do something useful like post a match report.

Remind me again about those lads on the county panel that were heading stateside the week after the Armagh game, my heads wrecked on that one.

A match report why would i want to do that?

Do you think you are the boss or something here.

Will you remind me on what i said about Mossie Corr?

comeysfield

Well lads settle the heads stay on the positive

We had a good run

We can play better than we did in the last game

We can learn and come back stronger

We fecked up on some simple things like recycle the ball out of the corner, but we can do that.

A lot of the young lads looked at home in Croke park hell that is one Hell of a positive for this year

Some of the older lads probably felt under P hopefully next year they will not feel that. The belief from winning will grow

The league is now an opportunity but we should stay with the U21 first approach keep building and building and building

Social media should be largely ignored, GAA players are just that young lads who can go and have a few pints after they are knocked out of the championship or win a game. Hell we all will be doing that in roughly a week and a half.

Bring on the championship where please God we will find a bit more to add to the team.

A bit of belief

tommysmith

At last a man with a bit of cop on like myself  comeysfield.

rodney trotter

Well deserved, be interesting to see if can keep up the form for the rest of the year with Castlerahan. No doubt he can.

tommysmith

SJ has made himself unavailable to play in the Kildare Club Championship next weekend the prodigal son is coming home.

comeysfield

And now begins the SJ Circus for another two to three weeks. Well it might get Brolly off the papers at self

packiedevlin

I wonder will he be available to play Killeshandra in the championship on Saturday evening?