Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swadman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 07, 2013, 02:23:16 PM
Any formal update on  the travel arrangements. I would normally be coming into Enniskillen from Blacklion, is that not permitted now?
According to Fermanagh GAA twitter "If you get a bus to Brewster you get dropped off at the gates..So why not travel together, Makes Sense and saves the feet"
Fermanagh GAA has produced this guidance in consultation with Ulster GAA, PSNI and... http://fb.me/2zYoOYVm3

and for those without Facebook
"Supporters from Fermanagh clubs travelling to Enniskillen on match day are asked to follow the following advice -
Club - Brookeborough, Roslea, Aghdrumsee, St Patricks, Tempo, Maguiresbridge, Lisbellaw, Knocks
Travel via Tempo – (travelling via Fivemiletown/Brookeborough/Lisbellaw) to Tempo -B80 Tempo Road - Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-signed off the Tempo Road, New Link Road
Newtownbutler, Lisnaskea
Travel via A34 to A4 travelling via Newtownbutler- Lisnaskea-Maguiresbridge–Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-Signed off Dublin Road, Wellington Place, Irvinestown Road, Tempo Road

Clubs-Teemore, Kinawley, Derrylin
Travel via A 509 and on to the A4 -travelling A509 and to A4 via Montaigh Cross-Innishmore Road-Carrybridge-Tamlaght-Enniskillen.
Clubs using buses can obtain a pass from Fermanagh GAA to allow for travel via Belnaleck to Enniskillen.
Use Car Parks - signed off Dublin Road, Wellington Place, Irvinestown Road, Tempo Road
Clubs-Belnaleck, Belcoo
Travel via A4- Sligo Road travelling A4- Sligo Road-Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-signed off Sligo Road

Clubs-Derrygonnelly
Travel via B81 Derrygonnelly Road -travelling via B81 Derrygonnelly Road - Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-Derrygonnelly Road, Round O, Brook.
Clubs-Devenish, Erne Gaels, Ederney, Irvinestown
Travel via A47 Boa Island/Kesh -travelling via Kesh –Irvinestown A32-Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-signed off Irvinestown Road, Cornagrade Road
Clubs-Coa
Travel via Coa Road (travelling via Coa Road) Enniskillen
Use Car Parks-signed off Irvinestown Road, Cornagrade Road"

rodney trotter

I wasn't talking about the facilities I meant the length of travel, Down would be going through Monaghan and  Clones, well most, to get to Cavan.

Westside

Is it really worth the hassle that having the game in Enniskillen is going to cause? A much smaller Cavan crowd will attend and probably a few from Fermanagh will be put off by the security measures too. The game should have been brought to Clones.

rodney trotter

Def should be in Clones, over the top match prices in Enniskillan will put a few off too.

Itchy

Might not be good for the supporters but a great venue for all our young players given they love playing there and winning there. I'll take a bit of a shitty journey if we get the win.

Westside

Our players might like playing there but don't overplay that card. Brewster is still Fermanagh's home ground and they will likely outnumber us. I'd rather be in a neutral ground with a bigger Cavan crowd. I know a fair few that aren't going to travel because of the disruption, Brewster is a horrible ground for parking and getting out of at the best of times.

Itchy

If your fool enough to park outside the ground its nasty to get out of, park in any carpark in the town its no problem. I'm not a bit worried about their home ground either. As for lads that won't travel, they should do the same in the next round.
PS. If there was ever a shitehole that was hard to get out of its that dump clones.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on June 10, 2013, 11:13:30 PM
If your fool enough to park outside the ground its nasty to get out of, park in any carpark in the town its no problem. I'm not a bit worried about their home ground either. As for lads that won't travel, they should do the same in the next round.
PS. If there was ever a shitehole that was hard to get out of its that dump clones.

Bit dramatic, common sense that the game should have been played elsewhere,e or moved to an earlier date even. Wouldn't blame supporters not bothering going, to be stuck in check points and what not. And then look at the prices the Ulster Council have for the game, its alright saying don't bother going to the next game. Bit of common sense from Fermanagh board and and they could have agreed to play the game in Clones, and let both teams get on with it, instead of this side show.

cavanmaniac

Cormac Reilly from Meath down to ref the match on Sunday in Brewster. I don't know much about him save for the fact he annoyed a few Cavan people when in charge of the U21 semi-final against Roscommon a while back. I hope he gets the big calls correct.

tommysmith

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 11, 2013, 05:06:16 AM
Cormac Reilly from Meath down to ref the match on Sunday in Brewster. I don't know much about him save for the fact he annoyed a few Cavan people when in charge of the U21 semi-final against Roscommon a while back. I hope he gets the big calls correct.

Fucks sake

mylestheslasher

Free fest it is so. No Meath man should be allowed referee a Cavan match especially a whistle happy hoor like him.

rodney trotter

He wasn't doing much blowing for Cavan last year in the u21 against Ross, trying to let every ott tackle on a Cavan player go unpunished. Even missed a blatant penalty for Jack Brady.

I would have to say one of the worst performances I ever saw by a ref.

Westside

Hour long delays, 25 into an uncovered stand, Cormac feckin Reilly.. Is this a conspiracy against Cavan?!

rodney trotter

Looks like it, couldn't be more against Cavan anyways. Although Fermanagh have no fit players apparently,

Westside

BBC reporting that some Fermanagh lads are making a miraculous recovery!! Must have been a Lourdese-esque miracle.

BBC also reporting that Mossy is fit....?