Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

I wouldn't be overly happy with lads leaving after we were knocked out of Ulster, being realistic a bit of a qualifier run is what this team should be looking to directly after we exit Ulster. This is another situation where it's hard to blame them for wanting to go, it's amateur and you're only young and fit once.. But it's disappointing from a supporters perspective to think that the belief isn't there in some players. All assuming there's any truth to this of course.

If lads have decided to go when we exit the championship completely then good luck to them. If lads have decided to fly out after the 19th regardless then they shouldn't have committed for the year IMO.

rodney trotter

rodney trotter

Falling apart in Extra time, that late goal was a sucker bunch. Game was won

Westside

Pity.. Up by 6 with a few minutes to go and end up losing is very tough on them. It was always going to be tough in ET with the opposition having all the momentum.

mylestheslasher

Be god it is quit in here! According to Hoganstand, Thomas Corr could be fit for the game yet. I presume he would be missing a fair bit of training though so will be interesting to see whether he starts or not. Some fella on the forum over there says Martin Dunne is injured, although I think the source is very dubious. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

At this time of the year I always get this irrational boost of optimism and its happening again, its bound to be well founded one of these years.

Westside

The lad who said about Dunne constantly posts blatant lies about the Cavan team and in particular Cavan Gaels players. Dunne was training the other night anyway so he's fine.

A win would be massive. Although any time I think of Jamie Clarke v our defence I get a slight shiver..

rodney trotter

Alan Clarke and Ciaran McKeever speaking ahead of Sundays game https://twitter.com/UlsterGAA/status/333973540653133827

McKeever sounds like fr stone from Father ted

scoopmine

My 15 for Sunday

Reilly (since Alan is out.)

Killian Clarke
James Macenroe
Jason McLoughlin

John Mcutchon
Alan Clarke
O'Relly

Mossie Corr/Declan McKiernan (I think Corr is out)
David Givney

Cian Mackey
Barry Reilly
Mark McKeever

Martin Dunne
Eugene Keating
Jack Brady

tommysmith

Quote from: scoopmine on May 14, 2013, 11:27:36 AM
My 15 for Sunday

Reilly (since Alan is out.)

Did he get injured again?

rodney trotter

I think Miller was always going to be in nets for the Championship. Better keeper imo than O Meara.

scoopmine

Think he is still in trouble from when he broke the hand vs Sligo.

Miller is a better shotstopper but in every other area I would have O'Mara in nets.

rodney trotter

Think Miller is a lot more solid under high balls aswell. Bar the one he spilled against Fermanagh he caught 2 certain pts from going over the bar.

tommysmith

O'mara has been playing in training games and if fit i would have him in for his kick outs.

While Miller is the better keeper his kick outs are a lottery.