Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stagmeister

Anyone at the KingsCourt Stars game last night...heard they beat cavan gaels by a goal, great win for them
Apparently its between themselves, Ballyhaise and someone else to go down - with two teams going down

I have a mate from kingscourt who reckons they should stay up now and is even tipping them to get to the championship final and possibly win it!!

Realistically have they any chance of winning the championship or is this fella talkin through his hole???

mylestheslasher

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Kieran McDonald is out of the Cavan game. Anyone else hear that.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Stagmeister on June 29, 2007, 11:00:49 AM
is this fella talkin through his hole???

Talking through his hole i reckon Stagmeister, sure he reckons that kingscourt will win all there remaining league games even though they couldnt buy a win all season!!

Davitt Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 29, 2007, 11:37:38 AM
I heard from a fairly reliable source that Kieran McDonald is out of the Cavan game. Anyone else hear that.

Ciaran and not "Kieran" is more than likely out of this game he pulled his hamstring during the week

CC1

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 29, 2007, 11:48:34 AM

Talking through his hole i reckon Stagmeister, sure he reckons that kingscourt will win all there remaining league games even though they couldnt buy a win all season!!
In fairness, their whole first team were out injured at stages this season. No team could cope with their injury problems. I believe that they are just getting back to normal now with only Alan Clarke out with a broken leg.

We lost to the Goonies last night after going in at the break 0-11 to 0-03 up and completely in control of the game. They came out in the second half with Hannon and Fannin in the full forward line. We went completely asleep in the second half and won about two balls in midfield in the second half which ultimately lost us the game. Fannin scoring at least 1-5 and Hannon scoring 0-2. Shercock 0-12, Drumgoon 1-13.  :(
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavan4ever

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 29, 2007, 12:23:40 PM

Ciaran and not "Kieran" is more than likely out of this game he pulled his hamstring during the week

It won't make much difference anyway. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 29, 2007, 12:42:44 PM

What are you on about. A "C" or a "K" could be the winning or losing of this game!!

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 29, 2007, 01:03:30 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on June 29, 2007, 12:42:44 PM

What are you on about. A "C" or a "K" could be the winning or losing of this game!!

Sorry i know that the "C" or "K" are very important  :D :D .

What i meant is i don't think it will make any differance if he plays or not.

Players Cavan will be missing or likely missing,
Sean Johnston
Paul Brady
Martin Cahill
Larry Reilly (shoulder)
Mickey Lyng (Hamstring)
Jason Reilly (Hamsting)
Ciarain Galligan (not sure)

Apparently Aaron Donohoe is back as sub goalkeeper.

BallyhaiseMan

F**k it with Kingscourt winning
we got well beaten by Castlerahan last night, 6 or 7 point sin it in the end.

we went 1-3 to no score up,then Castlerahan brought on Flanagan,and he played the field,magnificant,at MIDFIELD as well,he even outfielded McCrudden once ::)

Sean Brady, outstanding at full forward,kicked id say 0-4 or 0-5

Mackey scored the goal,but was kept very quiet by Fergal Slowey.

for us,Ray Cullivan was missing,
Eamon Costello,kicked over 3 or 4 marvelous points,but we were never in the 2nd half.
will go into more detail if asked,but other than that cant be arsed.

Kingscourt could give the championship a good run,They were without a ridiculous amount of players,
No Club team with possible exception the Gaels could cope with the players they had out missing.

Im in a bad mood over last nights match btw,so if you see some angry posts by me on the board,you will know why  >:(  :D

CC1

Quote from: CC1 on June 29, 2007, 12:38:43 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on June 29, 2007, 11:48:34 AM

In fairness, their whole first team were out injured at stages this season. No team could cope with their injury problems. I believe that they are just getting back to normal now with only Alan Clarke out with a broken leg.

We lost to the Goonies last night after going in at the break 0-11 to 0-03 up and completely in control of the game. They came out in the second half with Hannon and Fannin in the full forward line. We went completely asleep in the second half and won about two balls in midfield in the second half which ultimately lost us the game. Fannin scoring at least 1-5 and Hannon scoring 0-2. Shercock 0-12, Drumgoon 1-13.  :(
Correction, looks like Toastie was back for the Gaels game last night, he got one of the goals that made the difference on the night. I feel your pain BM, its just sickening to be up by so much and just lose a game like that... :(
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavanmaniac

Flanagan is developing into a savage footballer altogether by the sounds of things. It's hard to bring that level to intercounty but can you imagine if he did?

Didn't hear about those injuries to Larry, Lyng and Jason but Galligan's no loss I have to say....

BallyhaiseMan

CC1 just read youse lost to Drumgoon after being 0-11 to 0-03 up,
jaysus,im sure ya feel worse than me so.Fannin is in good form i see,wouldnt mind seeing him as a half forward against Mayo,he seemingly can score.
Read on Hoganstand Drumlane beat Gowna,someone please tell me thats not true,or we are in deep sh*t altogether.

CManiac
Flanagan picked up an obscene amount of ball last night,he was everywhere.
Good from a county perspective that Flanagan and Brady looked very sharp,
Mackey was always going to get it hard to impress with Fergal Slowey man marking him.Slowey is an absolute nightmare to play against.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 29, 2007, 04:33:34 PM
Mackey was always going to get it hard to impress with Fergal Slowey man marking him.Slowey is an absolute nightmare to play against.

Heard you on about this guy before. Did he ever get a chance with the county or what age of a chap is he? The more I read the contributions on here the more I think there's unheralded chaps like this lurking in clubs that the county broom never seems to sweep up and afford a chance to. Then again, people always think there's lads not on the panel that should be, might be wishful thinking but if we never try them we'll never know.

BallyhaiseMan

hes small only about 5'7 or 5'8,Hes a brilliant footballer,his height is the only thing against him.
Played County at all levels underage and Under 21 this year,started against Rossies in last years Tommy Murphy Cup game aswell.
I still think despite his small stature,hes going to be a regular on the Cavan team from next year on.
some of you no doubt will disagree.

mannix

"Hes only 5 '7 or 5' 8 ".I am 5'9 and do not consider myself small.I am fairly fit and weigh 13 stone, am i small?wHAT DOES SMALL MEAN IN YOUR TERMS?
Marty Mc Nicholas is smaller than me, so is conor mort, dillon may be my height,noel connelly was about my height last time i was beside him.What is small these days?
Did anyone see the meath team recently?
Smallest starter against the dubs was 6 foot and about 13 stone, monsters or am i tiny?