Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

Team for tomorrow

Keith Fannin.
      Damien Barkey.  Damien O'Reilly.  Ronan Flanagan.
        Dane O'Dowd.  Padraic O'Reilly.  Robert Maloney-Derham.
                      David Givney.  Ray Cullivan.
            Niall Smith.  Mark McKeever.  Niall Murray.
Brendan Fitzpatrick.  Niall McDermott.  Martin Dunne.

rodney trotter

Decent enough team. I think that is Cullivan and Niall Murray's first starts in the league this year. I was surpised they hadn't featured before now. Antrim have't a strong team on tomorrow, no Paddy Cunnigham or Thomas McCann. Most of their play would go through Michael McCann, good player but if they can contain him Cavan should shade it.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 07, 2012, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 07, 2012, 11:10:09 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 02:31:52 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 07, 2012, 02:11:14 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 12:59:14 AM
Had to put it up - nearly fell off the chair laughing...  Could anyone be so delusional??

From a gentleman posting on Hoganstand regarding the Cavan v Derry Under 21 game thread..

QuoteTony I Am not knocking you at all I just wish to make a point.
A few years back I wrote for two weeks in the Cavan pot and the Anglo Celts how our Under 21 team were being neglected and that they needed a stand alone manager not the senior manager.
That same year in fairness to Tom Reilly he appointed a stand alone manager we got to an Ulster final and we have won one and we are in another final.
I am thankful that I had the balls to write what I wrote and because of those posts we are achieving something long may it continue.

Now if all it takes is a letter or two, I wonder could he come over to Cootehill, put pen to paper and turn our fortunes around as well!!

Ah now he didn't profess to being a miracle worker......   

The Championship draw comes out and then you go & say something like that...

Ah I think ye are taking him up wrong there, when he says "becasue of those posts" i presume he meant the post of Hyland as manager of the U21's. I don't think he is really trying to say it was because of him it happened. I do note Richie is doing his best to question whether Hyland could have anything to do with it, perhaps it is one of his selectors that is the reason for cavans success. I mean it just doesn't compute that Hyland could be a good manager when you think he had a hand in dropping the greatest ever player ever in Cavan ever.

Myles you've become nearly as bad as Ritchie in the anti- Seanie corner.

+1

+1
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Out of retirement I see AC, missed you :-* Thought you were permanently gone!

Anyway Antrim 3-4, Cavan 0-6 just into 2nd half

Getting embarrassing.

Tipp are leading against Offaly is the only thing going our way.

mylestheslasher

4-4 to Antrim now. Abysmal.

scoopmine

Shocking second time in the league Cavan have conceded 4 goals in the league.

This thesis isnt being helped by listening to this.

mylestheslasher

Antrim 4-6, Cavan 0-12 - final score

Tipp beat Offaly 0-11 to 0-8

I don't see anyway Andrews can survive this, he must have lost the dressing room if a team can get a hammering like that against a team with a load of reserve players with nothing to play for! The sad thing is the senior team don't need change but this looks just too bad to accept.

scoopmine

Stayed up thanks to Tipperary...

Meath, Monaghan and Fermanagh join us...

Hope Dunne is OK...

Ollie

Cavan 12pts Antrim 4-6. We remain in div 3 thanks to Tipp beating Offaly. I can't see the team taking much confidence from the League overall while preparing for Donegal.

cogito

mylestheslasher

according to some boys on hoganstand andrews is gone. If its true the only interim solution is for hyland to take charge but please god not the other lad.

cogito

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 08, 2012, 05:30:30 PM
according to some boys on hoganstand andrews is gone. If its true the only interim solution is for hyland to take charge but please god not the other lad.

Who is that Myles?

mylestheslasher

rodney trotter

It's just as well Offaly were fckn useless during the league. Their only win was against us, we deserved to go down losing 5 games, i doubt many teams have stayed up before on 4pts...

Celt_Man

Where would you even start....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010