Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Just f**kin perfect

a Trip to Castlebar was  about the last thing we wanted.  >:(

BallyhaiseMan

Division Two seems exciting CC1,
Redhills were flying a few weeks ago now they arent even top 4? right? lost by a point to Ballymachugh who seem to be going well themselves
Very close up there.

a few other shocks,Drumalee beat Ballinagh 0-8 to 0-6 in Ballinagh

we beat Denn 0-12 to 1-05 in Div 1
and drew 2-04 apiece in Div 4.

Gowna only beat Kingscourt by a point 1-12 to 1-11.

Gaels matches in Div 1,3 and 4 were all called off.

cavan4ever

Quote from: CC1 on June 24, 2007, 09:34:30 AM
We lost to Drung by two or three points, despite scoring three goals (one absolute clanger by James Reilly, who had a very poor game by his standards). We missed too many (6 or 7) very scorable frees which cost us the game along with some very questionable decisions from the referee in Drung's favour in the first half. He improved in the second half and allowed the game to flow and it was a good end to end game of football. Drung made more use of the ball than we did and they duely punished us with it. We will now have to pick ourselves up for the big derby against Drumgoon.

We were missing our county star aswell  ;) .  Use missed way to much CC1 but your not gonna win many games when opposition scores 18 points.  James Reilly wasn't great but the defence did him no favours for two of the goals. 

shotstopper1

Quotea few other shocks,Drumalee beat Ballinagh 0-8 to 0-6 in Ballinagh

Did Ballinagh not beat Drumalee by a point?

Mullahoran bt Drumlane
Lacken v CuCu's draw
Gowna bt Kingscourt

Good win for Ballyhaise, heard Denn failed to register a score (or even a wide) in the second half !!!

Div 1 Table
Team                  P.          Points
Cavan Gaels         7             13
Crosserlough         7             12
Ballinagh              8              11
Gowna                8              11
Castlerahan          7               9
Mullahoran           8               8
Denn                  8               8
Drumalee             8               8
Cuchullains           8               7
Belturbet             7               6
Lacken                8               6
Ballyhaise             8              5
Drumlane             8              2
Kingscourt            8              2

cavan4ever

That referee is a fool we had him before and he blows stupid frees and lets more serious things go.  There was a couple of dodgy decisions for both teams.   Don't know what the story with Galligan was he wasn't missed anyway becasue Alan Curran is twice the footballer he is. 

BallyhaiseMan

shotstopper

i read the Drumalee result off Aertal,apologies if its wrong.

Denn got into the Ballyhaise half i think 4 times in the second half,

Ray Cullivan just dominated everything at Centrefield...alongside him Conor Lyons was very good aswell.
Barry Kelly also outstanding at Wing Back,suprised Keoghan hasnt been in touch with Gunner going to bring him back in,after he left due to injury.

In reality how we only won by 4 is beyond me,when we had 90+ percent of the play the second half.

Denn didnt look at all fit or sharp,which is suprising with only 6/7 weeks to go until championship time,although it could be that they are undergoing the traditional pre championship heavy training at the moment.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Thastheball on June 25, 2007, 01:08:16 PM
I see Martin Mc Elkennon is now in an Ulster final with Monaghan. the Irish news is raving a bout the conditioning of the Monaghan players. Maybe our players are the problem ;)

The attitude of the players is a big problem.  They were supposed to be off the drink this weekend but i seen 3 of them out drinking on saturday night.

BallyhaiseMan

Indeed every Monaghan Player was in peak physical condition,and were as asharp a team as ive seen in this years championship
McElkennon has even got Rory Woods into good condition FFS,They guy isnt carrying too much bodyfat by the looks of him.

Compare that to the Cavan shambles of overweight players.Why is it tolerated in Cavan and nowhere else?it should not matter who the player is and how good he is,if hes not fit or has too much weight on,he should be dumped off the panel.

C4ever
i dont doubt it,
Two weeks before championship football and out on the lash.

Cavanfan

Look I don't doubt that there were players out at the wend! But were they all on the beer and can u be sure about that? If the were more fools them, they go mental when they lose and they can't understand why!! Maybe it is because of these beer session two weeks before games.

I think it's unfortunate that some players do this as there are players completely dedicated to the cause of the Cavan football scene and they will never progress unless all the panel get their act together.

Was the manager on the beer all weekend too? If so this is a bit of a bad example. I know these players are old enough but if u see your manager falling around drunk it leads players astray! Anyway that's only my opinion.

Maybe we can get some dignity back against Mayo, we did beat them in a challenge, while the compition will be diff I think it may be an advantage to us, once the players don't believe the hype that they can beat them two times in a rowi.e sure we beat them a few weeks ago we can do it again. Hopefully for the next two week they will get their heads down do the work needed!

cavan4ever

Quote from: Cavanfan on June 25, 2007, 04:35:47 PM
Look I don't doubt that there were players out at the wend! But were they all on the beer and can u be sure about that?

Two of them were anyway, as for the other it would be strange if he wasn't .   Anyways hopefully they will give Mayo a good game !!

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Thastheball on June 25, 2007, 01:08:16 PM
I see Martin Mc Elkennon is now in an Ulster final with Monaghan. the Irish news is raving a bout the conditioning of the Monaghan players. Maybe our players are the problem ;)

Dead right. Nobody could ever question McElkennon's credentials as a trainer, it's just that he didn't have the wherewithal to be a manager and impose the necessary discipline to make sure everybody adhered to his training regime. When Coleman was calling the shots in the dressing room and Marty was doing the training only, we went practically 70 minutes in Clones against Armagh, with 14 men, and should have won.

It's too bloody right the players that are the problem.

cavan4ever

Cavan 0-13 Fermanagh 1-9  last nite in Breffini

It could have been a draw either someone else had it 0-12 to 1-9

1. James Reilly
2. Michael Hannon
3. Dermot Sheridan
4. Keith Fannin
5. Eamon Reilly
6. Johnny Crowe
7. Martin Reilly
8. Dermot McCabe
9. Nick Walsh
10. Michael Brennan
11. Anthony Forde
12. Cian Mackey
13. Jason Reilly
14. Mark Mckeever
15. Ger Pierson

Jason went off injured after 10 minutes and lyng came on for him.  Lyng didn't come out for the second half and Sean Brady came on for him and he played quiet well at Full Forward.  Very poor in first half and improved slighly in second half.  Is Cullivan injured Ballyhaiseman??

cavanmaniac

That's two challenges in a row we've had Sheridan at fullback. Fingers crossed he holds it together if he's there against Mayo.

I know Mackey did well against mayo some weeks ago but I'd be worried he'll totally disappear in a championship battle in Castlebar, if he's started, and it looks like he will with Johnston - he of the rousing point celebrations and jersey-clutching, remember - out banking a few dollars.

Ah sure all we can do is wait and see what happens.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 27, 2007, 11:13:31 AM
That's two challenges in a row we've had Sheridan at fullback. Fingers crossed he holds it together if he's there against Mayo.

I know Mackey did well against mayo some weeks ago but I'd be worried he'll totally disappear in a championship battle in Castlebar, if he's started, and it looks like he will with Johnston - he of the rousing point celebrations and jersey-clutching, remember - out banking a few dollars.

Ah sure all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Cavanmaniac Come down for the match and have a few pints of porter in Johnny Mc Hales and let the best team win
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

cavanmaniac

I'd like nothing better, have family and friends in Claremorris and all, but won't make Castlebar I'm afraid. I've gotten to more Ulster SFC games this year than ever before and then the weekend of a Cavan game, I'm tied up. Typical!

I'll just have to rely on the sagely publishings of Cavan4ever, Ballyhaiseman, thatstheball etc. as well as yon reprobate anglocelt39 who I expect will wake up and post his opinion on the game fairly soon. ;)