Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Dougal on January 07, 2012, 01:01:55 AM
givney and keating played for sligo during the week,are they allowed to play in both comps? + they have a game in london at half 6 tomorrow evening.is gearoid not with DIT aswell?

They didn't according to the Independent -
GALWAY -- B O'Donoghue; K McGrath, K Kelly, D O'Neill; C Halloran, G Bradshaw, D O'Reilly; F O Curraoin, P Conroy; C Kenny, C Bane, M Boyle; A Murphy, J J Greaney, S Maughan.

Subs: C Maloney for Bane, C Forde for Sweeney, T Flynn for Bane, N Coleman for Greaney.

SLIGO IT -- A Faherty; D Maye, K Kane, J Kelly; D Drake, D Geraghty, R Donovan; G Kane, S Ryder; G Gaughan, P Garvey, R Ryan; D Cummins, K Sweeny, S Henry.

whats my name

the reason none of the collage players played with their respective collages is because val wants a full team to pick from for the mckenna cup so he can have a settled team going into the league when it starts

Denn Forever

Good to see Barry Watters back. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

sportsnewsireland had them on the team sheet and even had keating down as a scorer.possibly put up last years team sheet or something like that
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

Apparently Niall Smith may be starting.. Presumably ahead of McKeever or Jordan. Where is Feargal Flanagan and Michael Brady and McEnroe?

anglocelt39

nice to have a bit of football to talk about again. Looks like we're going with a fair bit of youth so I'm glad to see Fannin and Joey Jordan on the bench at least. If they are putting in the effort that's been asked of everyone else they could be a fair addition come the league. Looks like there's been a bit of a cleanout and from what we heard about last years episodes with Under 21's not exactly getting the warmest of welcomes into the senior panel it was probably needed. The one missing name that catches my attention is Ronan Flanagan, can anybody cast some light on that?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

AC39 apparently Ronan Flanagan has a long term injury and may not be involved..

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
Apparently Niall Smith may be starting.. Presumably ahead of McKeever or Jordan. Where is Feargal Flanagan and Michael Brady and McEnroe?

I'd imagine Flanagan and Brady are playing with the u21's? Can't see Hyland changing his policy of not releasing them after the success they enjoyed last year. Enough lads should be coming through that aren't underage anymore

Dougal

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on January 07, 2012, 03:37:11 PM
Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2012, 03:23:44 PM

I'd imagine Flanagan and Brady are playing with the u21's? Can't see Hyland changing his policy of not releasing them after the success they enjoyed last year. Enough lads should be coming through that aren't underage anymore

was talking to fergal last week and said he wasnt on the seniors due to playing with the u21s and id imagine its the same with brady alright

Westside

Ah of course, completely forgot they were both still U21..
I found the Hoganstand comment about Johnston's dropping quite funny, "Seems in cavan two footed scoring forwards are not needed. Roadrunners the order of the day"

Jaysus lads it's a bad day when you'd bring in Niall McDermott and Ray Galligan as roadrunners!

rodney trotter

Ray Gallligan has everything but speed so he is far from a roadrunner.. Bit surprised Joey Jordan is involved with the county panel again, he hadn't been on it for a couple of years.. He was good back then but i don't think he is as good as he was. No sign of cullivan among the subs. Sean Gaffney and Barry Mckiernan are both new on the panel, good players, be interesting to see how they fair out.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2012, 04:32:27 PM
Ah of course, completely forgot they were both still U21..
I found the Hoganstand comment about Johnston's dropping quite funny, "Seems in cavan two footed scoring forwards are not needed. Roadrunners the order of the day"

Jaysus lads it's a bad day when you'd bring in Niall McDermott and Ray Galligan as roadrunners!

That guys an idiot! Must be some player this 2 footed legend, maybe even good enough to shoot from Australia and score in Celtic park.

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2012, 05:16:53 PM
Ray Gallligan has everything but speed so he is far from a roadrunner.. Bit surprised Joey Jordan is involved with the county panel again, he hadn't been on it for a couple of years.. He was good back then but i don't think he is as good as he was. No sign of cullivan among the subs. Sean Gaffney and Barry Mckiernan are both new on the panel, good players, be interesting to see how they fair out.

Cullivan starts at centre forward.
Cavan U21's beat Roscommon in the Hastings Cup by a point today. Another good run in the U21 Campaign would be a huge boost and could really put a confidence back into our underage sides.

Dougal

Because he's centre half forward  ;)

tommysmith

Quote from: Dougal on January 07, 2012, 06:16:48 PM

Because he's centre half forward  ;)

:D :D :D :D