Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trim blue

Have to say I was delighted to see Eddie get on the panel last year but by the end of the season I was totally convinced that he isn't county material. Against Kildare he was like a headless chicken jumping on top of fellas to get at the ball and shooting widly, he just has less composure at this level than the other forward options at the moment.
ah sure tog out anyway

cavanmaniac

Yeah I saw him in a few other games where he was acting the action man superhero and it wasn't quite coming off, but we've nothing to lose by giving him another run in a challenge.

If he turns out to be no good, then so be it, but his form warrants another look I reckon.

BallyhaiseMan

The Thing is could Eddie have been any worse than Some of the forwards such as Jason,Pierson etc the last day?
His strengths is his run making and effort and physique,His shooting can be erratic though and his decision making is poor.
i believe he should be brought back and given another chance...Even as an impact sub,he could create something out nothing for you.
i seen the debate on Hoganstand.

There are other forwards that deserve a chance aswell though

Philip Smith(Kingscourt)
Barry Corrigan(Drumlane)
Colm Sheridan(Lacken)
Andy Coleman(Baileborough)
Enda Mulvey(Castlerahan)
and dare i say Mickie Graham who scored 0-4 from play against Gowna for the Gaels.

OffTopic
C4Ever
what ever happened to Niall O Rourke? i seen his name mentioned on hoganstand he was destined to be a county star,was it injuries or lack of appetite for the game? hes seemed to have disappeared.

Blue06

Re Eddie Reilly.  I don't think he was dropped from the panel.  I heard it was a case of him not turning up.
I am open to correction on this though.

Anyone any info on how training has been going since the Down match. 
Has there been any departures/arrivals?

BallyhaiseMan

I havent heard a word to be honest Blue06,
All very low key.

cavan4ever

Ballyhaiseman , looks like he has lost all interest in the game or is just afraid of getting hurt again.  He is some loss to us as he was a real match winner ,would love to see him back but after been out for so long he could never be the same again

cavan4ever

I heard McCabe and Larry have quit but id say if it was true there would be more talk about it.  I also heard from a reliable source that Keoghan is going to quit.

cavanmaniac

Jasus. That's a bit surprising if it's true, it looked as if the majority of players were giving him the effort so what might be pushing him to quit?

cavan4ever

Well from what im told he is putting an awful lot of time into it and all he is getting is abuse at the weekends in the imperial.

cavanmaniac

Cripes. We could be back to square one in July then so. Hope it's not true we could do with the stability if nothing else. I'd be surprised if Keogan let that sort of nonsense get to him, can't see it happening.

shotstopper1

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 11, 2007, 12:28:19 PM
Well from what im told he is putting an awful lot of time into it and all he is getting is abuse at the weekends in the imperial.

Makes a change, it's normally him thats giving the abuse.

On the subject of Eddie Reilly, well if Mulvey can get a place on the team, then surely Eddie or any other half decent player should be given a chance.As for forwards I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gaffney from Drumalee,one of the top scorers in the club game for the last few years,surely worth a go.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 11, 2007, 12:22:09 PM
Jasus. That's a bit surprising if it's true, it looked as if the majority of players were giving him the effort so what might be pushing him to quit?

Listen lads. Grimley is the manager, Keoghan is just a clown hanging around the fringes. I personally don't know how anyone could respect him and if he goes it will be all the better if Grimley can be convinced to stay on his own.

On Eddie Reilly, he should be given a go. He might be limited but he is still one of the best club players in Cavan and Guarunteed will have more impact than the likes of mackey. Unfortunately, it is too late this year for Eddie and Gaynor and I believe that if keoghan leaves it will be down to pressure for the way he handled their cases, especially Gaynor.

BallyhaiseMan

Have McCabe and Larry quit? or are these just rumours?

Heard Cavan Gaels hammered Denn 1-20 to 0-07

Gowna beat Ballinagh by a few

Drumalee 6-10 Drumlane 1-09 i think  :o 6 goals,jaysus

Homer

Didn't hear anything about McCabe and Larry myself but I did hear that only 16 turned up for training last week. Worrying times indeed.

Lost to Gowna at the weekend by 4. They were far superior on the night and had just too much power for our depleted side (playing just 7 out of the 18 players involved in last years intermediate final). Probably lucky that the margin was only four in the end. McCabe lorded midfield.

Joe McQuillan was refereeing and found him very poor. Apparently he's got the Dublin-Meath replay BTW.

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 11, 2007, 04:07:48 PM
Drumalee 6-10 Drumlane 1-09 i think  :o 6 goals,jaysus

There was only one point between the two at half-time and then the floodgates opened and Drumalee bagged three goals in five minutes. Starting to look fairly ominous for Drumlane.

BallyhaiseMan

i can believe that about the poor attendance alright Homer.Was told today of how two key members of the team/panel(not going to name names) were seen drinking all day Last Sunday Week in the new Radisson SAS Hotel.Is there no Drinks ban?

suprised you lads lost to Gowna.
You were flying up until the C'Lough game and thats seemed top have knocked the stuffing out of yous at least temporarily.
Lets hope it stays that way until after we play yous in Ballinagh in a few weeks time  ;)

Drumlane and Kingscourt have to play yet. whoever loses that is a certainty to get relegated.
Our position isnt looking too great either.
we have to pick up 2 wins from next two games against Denn and Castlerahan.