Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Paddys Day at 12 in Clones   :o  :D Big crowd at that alright

isnt there also supposed to be a ficture of league game son the day after Paddys day aswell  :o

Handball Ace

Score was 2-11 to 1-12

Ray Galligan got 7 for Cavan, 6 frees

Flanagan tapped in the goal

Cunningham got a huge point

Mackey got 2

sub Aaron Duignan got one

Im sure our friends in the Celt and the Echo will have all the details...

Rollout

Well, i'd say the echo will anyway.

Good football coverage over the past while, think its doin good work.

Like that bottom line column too.
http://cavan.handball.gaa.ie

The Ulster Handball Open 2007

cavan4ever

How do you players feel about having games on the 18th march? 

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Rollout on February 19, 2007, 11:50:28 PM
Well, i'd say the echo will anyway.

Good football coverage over the past while, think its doin good work.

Like that bottom line column too.

Yep fair play to the echo, I read it online most of the time and at a single stroke they've managed to completely outdo the Celt and show it up for the apalling rag it can be.

The Celt has left itself wide open for this sort of thing with shoddy standards for years and now it's finally happened. And all the Echo had to do was get a former county player to write an opinion column and another anonymous guy or whatever, and presto, it's miles miles better than the Celt. Fair dues it's about time there was some sort of quality available in Cavan local media it's been shite for years.

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 20, 2007, 08:24:39 AM
How do you players feel about having games on the 18th march? 

Its pure bullshit, it was bad enough when matches were fixed for Paddys Day but now they want to f**k up the whole weekend. We have Gowna in the first round and if I'm perfectly honest I can't see anybody of either side staying out of the pub Paddys Day.

P.S. I hear the NUI Galway v UUJ quarter final of the sigerson cup is being played in Mullahoran at 2 tommorrow (Wednesday). Podge plays for NUIG. Might make the trip over myself.

cavan4ever

County board don't care about the club player thats one thing for sure.

cavanmaniac

Anybody off to Tipperary? anglocelt39, have you the pencil and notepad ready? I believe you're our south eastern correspondent for these trips deeper into the interior...

Any prospect of Lyng, Rabbitte, Sean Brady or Gaynor making an appearance, any developments there does anyone know?

The Bottom Brick

I'm headin down to it, I see it's at one when the rest of the games are half two, whats the reasoning behind that?

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

cavan4ever

They do that sometimes when teams have to travel long distance, although i don't remember a game that early in cavan when teams from down south travelled up here.

anglocelt39

Anybody off to Tipperary? anglocelt39, have you the pencil and notepad ready? I believe you're our south eastern correspondent for these trips deeper into the interior

To my disappointment and shame maniac I have to say I look like a non-starter, not terribly happy about that. However there will be one or two other munster sons of breffni lads in attendance so will get the second hand if at all possible. A 1pm throw in at Ardfinnan is a reflection of the high regard in which the large ball game is held in Tipp. Let's say the survival of the game in the premier county is no thanks to certain of their high ranking officals. On our last visit down there the throw in was at 1pm also so as not to clash with, wait for it, a hurling CHALLENGE between Tipp and Waterford up the road in Clonmel. Dressing rooms you would  not swing a cat in and, last but by no means least, not a sign of medical or ambulance assistance when Fannin picked up a nasty enough injury.

Should take them if there is total focus on the job. No inside knowledge I'm afraid, but have heard that Rabbitte and Brady may be available
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

The Bottom Brick

Has anyone noticed Stephen King has predicted the two results correctly in his column in the Echo, including the draw against Meath...

I'm sure he'll be tipping a Cavan win again this week, would've made a decent treble

While we're on the subject, anyone see those ACFL previews in that paper the last couple of weeks? We were tipped for 7th Division Two, Killygarry tipped to win it, Gaels tipped to top Division One.

Can't remember who was voted likely to bottom out in last place in Div 3! Hardly poor old Maghera again?!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan (SF v Tipperary): J Reilly; M Cahill, A Forde, K Fannin; R Flanagan, E Reilly, M Brennan; D Thomas, D McCabe; M Cunningham, M McKeever, N Walsh; G Pearson, R Gallagher, J Reilly.

Cavan team according to Hoganstand...

Flanagan in for Gunner
Thomas in for Mulvey
Walsh in for Cullivan
Jayo in for Jelly

interesting.

cavan4ever

Good to see flanagan back .. should be strong enough to beat tipp anyway

Nelly

New Cavan man on the board....

Have to agree King in the Echo and the Podman in the Cavan Life have added a new dimension to GAA reporting in Cavan. Both are excellent. Along with Paul Fitzpatrick.

In relation to Maghera MacFinns, I guarantee you all they will not finish bottom of Div 3 this year, if they do I will eat my jumper!!!

Also I see from the Hoganstand that Mr Lyng is named as a sub on Sunday, good to see him back in the fray.