Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Great to see that the players managed to get a result despite the mortal fear they had of playing in Corrigan Park...

Joking aside, some of the usual failings but plenty to be positive about. Particularly seeing Holla and Marty back on the pitch.. Lynch with another big performance. Gearoid has hopefully blew out the cobwebs. Was happy with our attacking intent and approach to the game.

Much bigger tests await and massive improvement needed.

rodney trotter

Minors played some good football, but Tyrone a bit more clinical. Matthew Smith is a good prospect.

I don't know who the backdoor in Ulster wasn't kept a few years ago.  It's run in the other 3 provinces.
Ulster says no to any change.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 23, 2022, 07:34:45 PM
Minors played some good football, but Tyrone a bit more clinical. Matthew Smith is a good prospect.

I don't know who the backdoor in Ulster wasn't kept a few years ago.  It's run in the other 3 provinces.
Ulster says no to any change.

Is there no backdoor for them?

rodney trotter

No, that's them done for the year.

Itchy

nrico2006

Unfair competition from an Ulster perspective if the other 3 provinces still retain the back door.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Westside

I think there is a back door?

Tyrone much the better side, more pacey and direct.

rodney trotter

Sorry,  there actually is a backdoor it seems. https://t.co/k1XxIdNPp5

Itchy

rodney trotter

I was only going by the stream of the game. Paddy Sheanon said they were finished for the year.

They play Fermanagh in next round

Look-Up!

Good result yesterday, dominated the whole game much easier than I expected. Played some nice football. Were very wasteful in first half but second half used the wind very well and took some good scores. Great to see such a strong bench and some of our bigger cogs get a run out in second half. Defence looked solid albeit it was a tight pitch and Antrim were poor enough. Much bigger test coming up but you can only beat what's in front of you and it was a nice workout with no suspensions or injuries picked up. Next game will be much more pacey and we certainly won't have it near as easy either end of the field but a little more confident now than last week.

Very hard luck to U20s. Played some great football at times. There was some sloppy passing and decision making throughout which kept Tyrone in it but space and opportunities were at a premium especially second half against 16 men. Pity we didn't try use Darragh Lovett more as he looked extremely dangerous every time he got it and well capable of winning any ball came his way. Couldn't buy a free for love or money which made it much easier for Tyrone's defence and difficult for us to keep the scoreboard ticking over last half hour. Extremely cruel way to lose it in the end when a draw was the least we deserved. But good campaign over all with 3 very solid performances and lots of good prospects there for the future. Good that the minors get another day out, Will bring them on and hopefully they spring a few surprises yet.

Dreadnought

Boys, forgot to mention about one of the minors last night. Matthew Smith from Ramor has one of the sweetest strikes of a placed ball that I've seen for a while. The boy stroked over frees and 45s from distance and made it look easy. A great skill to have in the locker. Tyrone people beside me were talking about how good he was. Hope he keeps it up and kicks on from here (pun intended)

Westside

Tyrone out. If we could beat Donegal, what an Ulster Final it would be against either of the other two.

Denn Forever

Is it true that S johnson is now a forwards coach in the cavan set up? The biggest thing he should work on is to stop players kicking the ball short.  Does my head in.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 03, 2022, 11:45:48 AM
Is it true that S johnson is now a forwards coach in the cavan set up? The biggest thing he should work on is to stop players kicking the ball short.  Does my head in.

Yes it is true, he has been there since the start of the year.