Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 18, 2022, 04:15:12 PM
They have Adrian Smith back also. He had a good year in 2020, in the full forward line. Gowna should be thereabouts again,. Sean McEvoy will be a big loss for Ramor, Conor Bradley transferring back might make up for the loss of McEvoy.

Padraig Moore back paying with Ballyhaise. A good forward,he was in Dubai for a couple of years.

Yes a lot of action.  Seniors and Minors both in different venues on Saturday

Sean Brady back with Ramor too playing well.

Dreadnought

So a few days out from Corrigan Park. Word is that Marty Reilly and Ciaran Holla are fit and training, along with likes of Conor Brady too. Haven't heard from likes of Oisin Kiernan who had a bad injury. So pretty stocked panel, with a few lads to come back in who did not see much league time. In Championship we do tend to see some changes from teams that finished the League, so will be interesting to see the team announced although I expect Holla wouldn't start maybe. It'll be tight there, but overall think we have enough overall to win this with teh team we have and good weather giving for this.

Anyone get any word on challenges last few weeks or that? Surely there were some games around the country with teams needing game time to keep sharp.

Look-Up!

Antrim are very beatable. I think they'll have plenty of the play though so it won't be easy plus if they bring their shooting boots this time, big if, we could be in bother. Last time we played they dominated good parts of the game but their shooting was atrocious, kicking wide after wide from close central positions. It deflated them. Seem to remember Galligan pulling off some good saves as well.
Hard to know where we stand. Did enough for the division of the league we were in but no where near championship pace so we have big improvement needed. Hope to see some fire in the team again and more purpose to our play. Absolutely vital we keep a clean sheet. If we do then 15 points should be enough.

Big night tomorrow night for our U20's. Tyrone will be a very tough opponent but there is a bit of steel about this crop of Cavan lads. So think it will be a night for the hob nail boots. Don't care how ugly it is once we get over the line. We can keep our Sunday best for another occasion hopefully.

Good luck to all our teams this weekend.

NatSoSaff

Just thought I'd check in on how the groundswell of Cavan support that would be 'travelling in their thousands' and 'fill Corrigan 3 times over' are getting on with their ticket purchases? Seems to be a fair few left with just over 24 hours to throw in on general sale lads! 

Cavan19

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 22, 2022, 09:40:04 AM
Just thought I'd check in on how the groundswell of Cavan support that would be 'travelling in their thousands' and 'fill Corrigan 3 times over' are getting on with their ticket purchases? Seems to be a fair few left with just over 24 hours to throw in on general sale lads!

Looks like most are waiting for the Semi Final !

NatSoSaff

Not the die hards you claim then? Fair weather supporters at best? Only hit the big games? The embarrassment rolls on!

Cavan19

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 22, 2022, 10:00:49 AM
Not the die hards you claim then? Fair weather supporters at best? Only hit the big games? The embarrassment rolls on!

Don't think i claimed anything ?

We will be out in big numbers for the Semi Final though i will give you my word on that.

Westside

I don't think throwing shade at Cavan because you can't fill your own tiny home ground is quite the slam dunk you think it is...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Westside on April 22, 2022, 11:13:28 AM

I don't think throwing shade at Cavan because you can't fill your own tiny home ground is quite the slam dunk you think it is...

Despite being an antrim man I did laugh, and secretly cry, at this. We wish there was more interest in the county than there is but there isn't.

It will be interesting on saturday. It's not that often we have a chance to win in ulster but we have a chance here. Cavan would still be favourites and that's not a Fergie trick. If I were a Cavan fan I'd be very disappointed to be beat by antrim.

rodney trotter

A strange time for the match on Saturday,  it's not on RTE or Sky so they weren't dictating the time.

Antrim started the League off well but faded in the last few games. In with a chance of promotion in the final game, and beaten by Westmeath in Corrigan Park. Tomas and Michael McCann still playing, Michael McCann is around 38. He had a good game in the middle against Cavan 2 years ago, but didn't have the legs for 70 minutes . Ryan Murray is a good forward.

Westside

On the crowd thing, the appetite for this game is small. Had a trip to Croker a few weeks ago, Ulster U20 Final tonight, 2pm game and game on TV. And Antrim aren't a glamour fixture (same as Cavan)

If Cavan lose to Antrim it will probably have knock on effects for the squad and potentially put Mickey Graham under pressure for his job. We'd be disgusted to lose this game.

But it could well happen. Antrim on the up, knowing Cavan are flakey, bit of siege mentality in Corrigan. Its well set up for Antrim. I still believe we will win in a tough game.

Dreadnought

If you think this was anything but a usual setup, then I'd like to know what you're smoking. 2pm throw in on a Saturday, on TV, and the general information on tickets has been diabolical. Bulk of my family are not going, as during the last few weeks tickets were not to be found, and clubs were in the dark too. Initially we were told that there were no tickets on general sale, apply through the club, and even the clubs couldn't tell what was happening. Who is organising this shambles? Most of my family made different plans when it was clear we would not get enough tickets or at least some close together. they're going to watch on TV instead, as with the announcement of tickets being available after being released just the last few days, it was too short notice. I'm sure though that some will pick up more tickets closer to the time.

And have you really anything to crow about, coming here to our board? This is your first home Championship game in ages, and you're giving out to the away fans for not selling it out? With your population? Don't be so ridiculous...

Dreadnought

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 22, 2022, 03:02:20 PM

If you think this was anything but a usual setup, then I'd like to know what you're smoking. 2pm throw in on a Saturday, on TV, and the general information on tickets has been diabolical. Bulk of my family are not going, as during the last few weeks tickets were not to be found, and clubs were in the dark too. Initially we were told that there were no tickets on general sale, apply through the club, and even the clubs couldn't tell what was happening. Who is organising this shambles? Most of my family made different plans when it was clear we would not get enough tickets or at least some close together. they're going to watch on TV instead, as with the announcement of tickets being available after being released just the last few days, it was too short notice. I'm sure though that some will pick up more tickets closer to the time.

And have you really anything to crow about, coming here to our board? This is your first home Championship game in ages, and you're giving out to the away fans for not selling it out? With your population? Don't be so ridiculous...

Add in an U20 Ulster final the night before, and a minor match a few hours after, all in different counties at different times. Some are likely planning their weekend accordingly on this.

Like, if we look objectively. It's hard to suit regular volumes of people with a small capacity venue. If this was Clones etc. or somewhere at least over 10k, there would be a lot of tickets, and people can pick up as many as they see fit. With the whole conversation about capacity, and with the word going round about few tickets, some just simply will not bother even trying to go. That's the capacity issue, along with all the other reasons thrown in including TV. If the Capacity was bigger, you'd find the numbers would be well over what the max Corrigan can hold. It's simple numbers pal

Dreadnought

U20s doing decently here. Up a point at half time. Doing well at the back where we're closing them down, and turning them over, and just generally frustrating them for the most part. Forwards need to change it up a bit. A combination of some poor shots, bad decision making, and just some poor wides means we haven't taken full advantage of the chances we had. Running into some blind alleys too. Can easily gee them up at half time, and have bench options, so this is still easily there for us. Come on lads!

NatSoSaff

In fairness you are spot on with all of that, it was a tongue in cheek comeback at the crowing and crying done a few weeks ago by some of your posters around how thousands will be up in arms about not getting tickets and how Cavan travel in huge numbers for every championship game. Evidently not, but again the reasons outlined by the last few posters are hard to argue with.
Anyway, I'm hoping for a good game today and for an upset of course. Any excuse to come come back on for another wee dig  ;)
Your u20's were seriously unlucky last night. The better team for large spells. Future looking bright for Cavan.