Strabane no longer in top 20 worst places to live!

Started by Rois, October 15, 2007, 01:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Yippeeee

The newest list published of the top 20 "worst places to live" in the UK does not include Strabane, previously 3rd and 8th in 2005 and 2006 respectively.

We all knew it wasn't that bad  ;D

Balboa

What has turned the tide in such a spectacular turnaround?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Strabane was never that bad!

Easy target because of the trouble over the last 30-40 years.
The town has to be one of the fastest growing in the six counties, and the housing that is being built is off a very good standard, add to that the building of new shops and supermarkets then its no surprise that the town has dropped down the list.
Tbc....

bailestil

nrico2006

About time it was taken off that list!!  FFS, there is plenty of towns in Northern Ireland that should have been on there instead of Strabane.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

QuoteWhat has turned the tide in such a spectacular turnaround?

Apparently someone got a job.

Rois

It's been a combination of rising house prices, the development of new shops based around the Asda supermarket (first purpose-built Asda in NI), establishment of a fully functioning theatre, as well as improved educational results.  The establishment of a Northbrook base can also only have helped

How can a place that boasts FoSB, Norf Tyrone and myself ever have been considered bad  :P

Balboa

Quote from: Rois on October 15, 2007, 01:49:42 PM
It's been a combination of rising house prices, the development of new shops based around the Asda supermarket (first purpose-built Asda in NI), establishment of a fully functioning theatre, as well as improved educational results.  The establishment of a Northbrook base can also only have helped

How can a place that boasts FoSB, Norf Tyrone and myself ever have been considered bad  :P

Well it is that good at least one of that illustrious trio does not live in Strabane anymore........

Bensars

Reminds me of the joke ( on here before)

Whats the difference between Strabane and Sheffield ?

Ans:

Sheffield is famous for coal and steel !!!

Strabane famous for steel an coal

nrico2006

QuoteWhat has turned the tide in such a spectacular turnaround?

Apparently someone got a job.

Tommy Gunn!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orior

Tis intersting, that there's a town in the county Antrim that is overrun with vermin. They're out on the streets every weekend fighting and spreading their foul disease ridden germs and generally torturing the population. A few were caught yesterday but they'll be back on the streets next week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7044544.stm

Yet they still find that Carrickfergus is a better place to live in than Strabane.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

rosnarun

Quotefirst purpose-built Asda in NI

well the rest of us can dream cant we
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lecale2

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

I'm sorry but I can't believe that there are 20 places worse than Strabane.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

armaghniac

QuoteYet they still find that Carrickfergus is a better place to live in than Strabane.

it's the sea air, not much of that in Strabane. To say nothing of the railway, the railway in Strabane is no use at all. And the song, nobody sings I wish I was in Strabane.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B