Hurling Management Sim

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 28, 2007, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Great to hear that the game isn't dogged with glaring flaws or oversights.
I would have been a bit sceptical about the ability of a software house without big a budget to pull this one off.
I'm sure feedback for the developers would be appreciated since they seem to be enthusiasts.

On an aside, what ever happened to the Gaelic football Playstation game after the initial release? There was plenty of scope for improvement for a second version and it could have been a very good game if some obvious and straightforward modifications were implemented. Did the company who developed it make a loss on the first edition?

flairgun

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 02, 2007, 05:44:07 PM
Quote from: flairgun on July 02, 2007, 04:54:43 PM
If it does, then take it back to the store and ask for a new disc.
Shop, you mean!  ;D
:D   :-[
Heh, been in the states too long!

corn02

Excellent to see that GAME in Newry had not heard of this game today when I tried to get it.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: corn02 on July 02, 2007, 06:32:53 PM
Excellent to see that GAME in Newry had not heard of this game today when I tried to get it.

Yeah Gamestop in Athlone didnt have it either, so I went straight to Smiths and got it there.

Lads the quicker one of ye play the game the better.  I'd like to know how ye sort out training.  Ive spent a few hours yesterday trying to sort it out.  My back line were doing well, had marking, tackling and control stats well up and my stamina and speed stats for the players was good as well from the training.  The problem though was that my team could not pass a ball, every pass except for about two in a league match against Limerick was intercepted.  I had Joe Canning full forward as Eugene Cloonan was injured but he drove free after free wide because the free taking stats for the team had gone down.  I got hammered out the gate despite leading at half time.  Typical Galway though, in a challange match against Kilkenny earlier in the season I lost a five point lead to lose by about four.  I havent got a chance to play it yet today though.

tayto

turk

Can you pick vintage teams like CLARE-90s and run the shite out of them all Winter and see what happens?

AZOffaly

You can't hold a lads head down in the dressing room and ask 'Do you f*cking want to feel like that? Do you? Do You????', can you? That would be great :D

turk

Can you bring the squad to the pub in Birr the night before the game and let them hammer the shite out of each other ala OFFALY in the 90s? (allegedly)

AZOffaly

Can you discipline a lad for being carried home out of Melba's in Birr the friday night before an All Ireland final (Offaly again - allegedly), or can you at least make him buy the drink after the next training session?

Kerry Mike

That Melba's was one quare rough joint. Got a belt off a flying bottle there one night.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

flairgun

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 03, 2007, 04:31:57 PM
That Melba's was one quare rough joint. Got a belt off a flying bottle there one night.
Just collateral damage so.
Count yourself lucky you didn't get asked to choose a side in one of the inter-parish c**k waving contests held there most weekends, sometimes extra time was required to decide a winner, resulting in the stretch from melba's to wondermac's seeming more like the Gaza strip.

Ah, the memories!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on July 01, 2007, 02:48:27 AM
Had a go at this this evening.  Seems quite good, I'm finding the training hard enough to handle though.  I done a good bit of stamina training early on but now I'm way behind in other areas and my overall for the Galway team has fallen from 100 to 75 and Ive only played three challange games.  I hammered Longford and Derry before losing to the Cats by four points despite leading by five at one point.  As my overall rating continues to fall this season may not be a good first season for me, as I struggle to figure out this training.

Hows everyone else finding the game?

Galwaybhoy are you really Ger Loughnane?  :D

corn02

Galwaybhoy, from the sites Q AND A.....

Q. I found changing a training session's content to be a little tricky, any advice?

A. When one alters the time of a training session etc, the outcome may seem a little complex at first but upon reflection, I think you will see the logic of the situation shining through. However, for the first time user, the best idea is probably to cancel all of the default training session routines and to plan your training session from scratch.

screenmachine

has anyone came across this game in the 6 counties yet? any shop i've been in (hmv/game) havent heard tell of it??
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

corn02

Same here Screen, not only did they not stock it, they never heard of it.