Monaghan v Derry USFC SF Sunday May15th 16.00

Started by Main Street, May 02, 2022, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Monaghan playing at a higher standard past 7yrs. Derry played in Division 4 just 3 years ago. Derry lack abit of scoring power. Monaghan favourites for this one, Derry posters blowing up Derry must followed them through their travels past 3/4yrs.Outside of the Tyrone game, Derry been poor enough at home this year, didnt blow the doors of Down and Cork when they been shown to be poor enough this year and the Galway game was very poor. Game be tight but if Derry are to win I think they need find the net twice cause I think Monaghan def score a goal.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2022, 03:59:51 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 12, 2022, 02:39:12 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 12, 2022, 02:28:45 PM
Jaysus, reading through this has me wondering should I even show up to the game. Sounds like it's completely in Derry's hands whether they win or not, and Monaghan are just a crumbling decrepit team waiting to be put out of their misery.

The prediction thread would suggest otherwise. Any point our bucks turning up should be the cute hooer question surely?

Yeah, prediction thread is around 50/50 I'd say.
The game might be 50/50 or close enough  but Monaghan are ahead in the prediction thread by a double score. 
Doesn't that count for something? surely the GAAboard finest can't all be wrong?

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Main Street on May 12, 2022, 09:44:22 PM
Jaysus, reading through this has me wondering should I even show up to the game. Sounds like it's completely in Derry's hands whether they win or not, and Monaghan are just a crumbling decrepit team waiting to be put out of their misery.

The prediction thread would suggest otherwise. Any point our bucks turning up should be the cute hooer question surely?

The game might be 50/50 or close enough  but Monaghan are ahead in the prediction thread by a double score. 
Doesn't that count for something? surely the GAAboard finest can't all be wrong?

29-17 for Monaghan with about 10 more votes expected.

restorepride

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 12, 2022, 09:49:40 PM

If this is accurate, Derry can't win!

Main Street

The prediction thread's oracle reputation will not recover should Derry upset their vaticination

restorepride

Quote from: marty34 on May 12, 2022, 01:13:21 PM
south Derry have a great chance in this match from what I'm hearing and reading.
Are we talking Tobermore or Upperlands? Say what you're hearing.

Dreadnought

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 12, 2022, 04:39:36 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on May 12, 2022, 04:17:47 PM
Quote from: Estimator on May 12, 2022, 03:27:11 PM

Monaghan favourites for this and rightly so. Playing good football against the teams in the top division, for a good few years now. Hoping Derry will compete to the end, but Monaghan will probably win a low scoring encounter with about 3points to spare. Handicap on PP: -1 Evs. Buying money.

Playing in the Top Division hasn't actually done Monaghan much good up to now...

The thing is that their historic form in the league since they got promoted in 2014 would have been very handy if the new championship structure was in place.

Their league position since they got promoted would have got them in the 3rd seeds group every single year (including this one) since 2014 under next year's structure.

Yeah likely so. But with the system we had, it didn't do them much good since 2015. Clinging on every year and peaking in Spring and then losing repeatedly to lower teams in Championship shows them being in Division 1 at the time isn't all that

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: restorepride on May 13, 2022, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 12, 2022, 01:13:21 PM
south Derry have a great chance in this match from what I'm hearing and reading.
Are we talking Tobermore or Upperlands? Say what you're hearing.

Áth an Phoirt Leathain had a club until the early 70s. Tirgarvil Seán Mac Diarmada.

Squeezed out on all sides by Kilrea, Lavey, Glen, Slaughtneil and Swatragh.

seafoid

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 12, 2022, 09:49:40 PM

#groupthink

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

I suppose there could be a number of Derry supporters laying off/hedging their bets and voting for Monaghan.

oakleaflad

I went for Monaghan by a few points as I genuinely think they'll win. The fact that we're seemingly in with a decent chance against an established Division 1 side is really heartening though given where we've come from in the last few years.

imtommygunn

southderryman

Is there any other game on before this one on sunday ? Or just a standalone fixture?

restorepride

southderryman

Delighted to be in the semi final because I didnt expect it.

Very hard to know where derry are actually at after the last game as others have said derry were very good but tyrone were awful

I am very wary of expecting too much from any derry team. We have consistently fallen flat and failed to back up 1 big perfomance with another, here's hoping that finally changes on sunday

I think monaghan will push up on our kick out so dont see as much handy possession this time round.

Could be a tight low scoring game, a goal will be a big factor for whoever gets it

Hopefully Goughs previous issue with McGuigan is not a factor come sunday, although I suspect it will.

Heart says derry by 2, head says monaghan by 3.
Might stick a fiver on the draw!