Tea

Started by Eamonnca1, May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

People can develop a dependence on coffee much like they do with cigarettes and most smokers and coffee drinkers become very cranky when they go any length of time without them.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 02, 2022, 07:46:37 PM
People can develop a dependence on coffee much like they do with cigarettes and most smokers and coffee drinkers become very cranky when they go any length of time without them.

Yes, not drinking coffee turns you someone like a person who does not drink coffee.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Never drank tae till I was 25. I'm now 34 and couldn't go without roughly 4 cups a day.

Tony Baloney

Love a drop of tae and it's getting stronger as I get older. Would take 3 or 4 cups a day and maybe 3 or 4 cappuccinos per week out of a lovely wee coffee shop in Armagh.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2022, 07:35:08 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 02, 2022, 07:27:37 PM
Its seemingly more hip to be into Coffee even though it is rank.

It's the people that have those coffee flasks type things that I'd want to run over ;D
If it were filled with tea would I be safe?

Eamonnca1

Tea must be like Brussel sprouts. Some people find them tasty, people like me just find them utterly foul.

GiveItToTheShooters

If you don't like tea then you need your hard drive checked

general_lee

I do enjoy a cup of tea and am mildly surprised when people say they don't.
I much prefer coffee but can easily go a day without a cup of either.
Cant stand the aforementioned coffee-cult losers who post endless pictures on their social media of the latest hipster spot to get their fill from - worse than the basic white girl starbucks brigade!

Aristo 60

4 or 5 cups for me in a day. All made in the cup nowadays except when visitors. Kids are well on board with the ceremony of it. Milk and sugar to taste. Kettle only way to go and the first part of the ceremony. Couldn't have one of those hot water taps about the place. Lockdown and wfh saw the introduction of the 400 bags sack instead of the 80's. A great job!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2022, 09:15:44 PM
Never drank tae till I was 25. I'm now 34 and couldn't go without roughly 4 cups a day.

Same as that, only started to drink it often in my early 20s. Used to drink 5 or 6 large glasses of milk a day previously, but I can't do that now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Working from home. Constantly drinking tea. Literally buckets of the stuff.

north_antrim_hound

Tea had no true significance  for hundreds of years and then Bang, along comes chocolate digestive's. Throw a TV into the mix and I'm set for the evening.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

delgany

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 03, 2022, 11:00:14 PM
Tea had no true significance  for hundreds of years and then Bang, along comes chocolate digestive's. Throw a TV into the mix and I'm set for the evening.

Hard to beat

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 03, 2022, 09:59:47 PM

Literally? Out of a bucket? Jesus...

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2022, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 03, 2022, 09:59:47 PM

Literally? Out of a bucket? Jesus...

Yip, a big ceramic bucket.