Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Man Marker

Derry have won 1 game in the Ulster championship in the last decade, from 2012. Level with Antrim.

JoG2

I wouldn't read too much into that enlightened stat. Like Tyrone / Armagh, another ref in those games and we win the 10 matches. But you already know this, it's the way with the GAA  8)

restorepride

Quote from: Man Marker on April 29, 2022, 12:32:09 PM
Derry have won 1 game in the Ulster championship in the last decade, from 2012. Level with Antrim.
In fairness, we have won a good few league games in that period and have been in 3 League finals, I think!! Not many other counties have done that! Is there some wisdom towards Sunday in that stat?!

screenexile

What a day!!

I just hope that's us back challenging again and some big days out again!

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2022, 05:41:14 PM
What a day!!

That was brilliant.
I had hoped we could keep it close and never imagined we could do that.

Tyrone were poor, but that in part was down to how well we played.

Things all seem to be pulling together from players to management.

Dare we dream?

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 01, 2022, 08:03:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2022, 05:41:14 PM
What a day!!

That was brilliant.
I had hoped we could keep it close and never imagined we could do that.

Tyrone were poor, but that in part was down to how well we played.

Things all seem to be pulling together from players to management.

Dare we dream?

Yes!!!! What a result. Serious performances all over the pitch, everyman stood up today. Absolutely delighted for those players / management. Dream away tbrick!

Mikhailov

Fair play to Derry and heartiest congrats to all the Derry posters on here and there are many. Admittedly, from a Tyrone perspective I did expect a really tight game with Tyrone winning down the stretch but never imagined this.

Despite a poor Tyrone performance, Derry were much superior in all aspects of the game - fitness, tactically, energy, endeavour etc....fully merited their victory. Gallagher had his homework done and the stories of the players getting flogged at training and doing tortuous running sessions all came to pass as they were on a different level in those facets.

Sometimes it can be difficult to put a team away when you lack experience but Derry were ruthless and in total control from the penalty goal, easily seeing the game out and if they had of wanted could probably got another goal or two.

Now the question is - can they back it up next day out. If they can reproduce that level again, then Derry will be about for the next 8/10 weeks for sure.

Tyrone now have the difficult back door route which has a few big hitters in it. Did I read somewhere that both teams will still have to win 4 more games each to get to AI final.

Well done again Derry men

Champion The Wonder Horse

There are occasions where I am happy to admit I know f**k all about football.

Today was one such occasion.

Silver hill

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 01, 2022, 10:13:59 PM

Me too!

Serious performance today. Congratulations to the players and management. Perfectly drilled and executed. I wasn't a fan but cannot argue with the real progress we have now made in championship now under Rory Gallagher

quit yo jibbajabba

Ditto Champion. While watchin i thought even go in with a 3/4 point lead before the inevitable 2nd half comeback with the roars of the crowd depressin ye for hours afterward. Wasnt to be. Great performance, fair play to team and management, pride restored 😊

Whens the semi, hadnt even looked that far

Mario

Ha was thinking of you two clowns and your recent posts watching the game. Gallagher is a top tier manager and we are very luck to have him. Glad to see you eating a bit of humble pie

screenexile

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 01, 2022, 10:13:59 PM

I hope that written apology to Gallagher is in the post!! 😂😂😂

restorepride

Quote from: Silver hill on April 19, 2022, 12:47:12 AM
Derry are probably where we should be, div 2 and challenging at the top.
Previous Derry managers were unlucky with the success of slaughtneil and the unavailability of the spine of the team until mid April on a couple of occasions. There's no way Derry could have survived in div 2 without those players. Div 3 was a different matter entirely and there's no way we should ever have been relegated out of 3 as there was enough talent remaining to survive.
Anyone taking over after that and the only way was up. The easy lifting has been done and Gallagher got a good bounce with the return of glass and also Covid when we drew a horse and cart through the non collective training rule. The knock on from that was that we were probably one of the top 5 fittest teams in the country.
We are somewhere between 9 and 12 in the country at present though sadly lacking another one or two quality forwards.
Unfortunately, Gallagher showed zero respect to the u20 management and squad and for me, the selection of some of those players for irrelevant McKenna cup games was baffling. Our u20s were not permitted to have even one collective session whereby every player could train. Mark doherty was named in Derry's 24 to play Meath and was unused. I like to hear a valid explanation for that decision and why he wasn't left to train with his u20 teammates?
Let's not kid ourselves, Rory Gallagher cares not one jot about Derry or our long term future. All that matters is his CV allowing the gravy train to continue.
A week is a long time in football.

restorepride

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 01, 2022, 08:52:59 PM
Fair play to Derry and heartiest congrats to all the Derry posters on here and there are many. Admittedly, from a Tyrone perspective I did expect a really tight game with Tyrone winning down the stretch but never imagined this.

Despite a poor Tyrone performance, Derry were much superior in all aspects of the game - fitness, tactically, energy, endeavour etc....fully merited their victory. Gallagher had his homework done and the stories of the players getting flogged at training and doing tortuous running sessions all came to pass as they were on a different level in those facets.

Sometimes it can be difficult to put a team away when you lack experience but Derry were ruthless and in total control from the penalty goal, easily seeing the game out and if they had of wanted could probably got another goal or two.

Now the question is - can they back it up next day out. If they can reproduce that level again, then Derry will be about for the next 8/10 weeks for sure.

Tyrone now have the difficult back door route which has a few big hitters in it. Did I read somewhere that both teams will still have to win 4 more games each to get to AI final.

Well done again Derry men
Tyrone were poor because Derry we so good today, none of your excuses please. Now the question is? Now the questions are - will Tyrone appeal the cards and, judging by his RTÉ interview, does Fergal Logan need a bra?!!!

restorepride