Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

So much for lobsided easy provincial championships, time for a changeing of the guard in Connacht.
But who will be the new Kings?

Ringfort

I'd say about 60/40 in favour of Galway. Roscommon could do something and win the game, if all things fall in to place for us. But it's championship football against Galway and the pecking order in the province makes them the most likely winners when there is not that much difference in quality between the sides, added to the fact that the thing we have most form for is making a balls of it.

Should be interesting anyway!

OgraAnDun

Is that like the changing of the guard that happened in Connacht in 2010?

rrhf

Still can't see past Roscommon and it's only their stepping stone to greater things..

Asal Mor

Should be a great occasion in Salthill. I'd imagine it'll draw a very big crowd too. Bookies have it dead even. Great to get a home game anyway. How much revenue is the GAA pi$sing away by not having a proper inter-county championship structure where every team is guaranteed a few home games in a meaningful competition?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2016, 07:24:49 AM
Should be a great occasion in Salthill. I'd imagine it'll draw a very big crowd too. Bookies have it dead even. Great to get a home game anyway. How much revenue is the GAA pi$sing away by not having a proper inter-county championship structure where every team is guaranteed a few home games in a meaningful competition?
Would people actually go to them though? More games would mean more apathy.

Rossfan

If we can get a midfield and HB line we could give Galway a game.
Tall order in 3 weeks though :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

1500 Galway supporters at most in Castlebar last evening so gaa not pissing away much money where galway are concerned, Galway supporters only turn up for big games they think they will win, after that its total apathy.

Asal Mor

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 19, 2016, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2016, 07:24:49 AM
Would people actually go to them though? More games would mean more apathy.
At the moment we have one well-structured, balanced competition that the top teams aren't too fussed about winnning, and one ridiculously structured, imbalanced competition which everyone wants to win but only guarantees teams 2 games, often against teams at a completely different level.The league should be scrapped in favor of one meaningful competition, which could actually be structured similarly to the league but called the championship.

Duine Eile

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 19, 2016, 10:26:12 AM
1500 Galway supporters at most in Castlebar last evening so gaa not pissing away much money where galway are concerned, Galway supporters only turn up for big games they think they will win, after that its total apathy.

There was a decent Galway support there yesterday evening in fairness, outnumbered by Mayo obviously but not by 20 to 1! If you were sitting in traffic in Castlebar and Balla yesterday evening you'd have seen a fair few Galway supporters, a win like that makes the journey home so much easier though!

Jinxy

Syferus vs. Seafóid.
A battle for the ages to decide who is the king of the Connacht posters.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

Will the Galway supporters get confused and turn up at the greyhound track instead of Salthill seeing as they're all supporting the latest bandwagon out west

Asal Mor

Aren't we lucky to have so many bandwagons to jump on?

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2016, 02:42:51 PM
Syferus vs. Seafóid.
Syf can have it. I just want Meath to beat the Dubs
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kurtz

Quote from: seafoid on June 19, 2016, 08:38:12 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2016, 02:42:51 PM
Syferus vs. Seafóid.
Syf can have it. I just want Meath to beat the Dubs

Keep dreaming