Championship Draws RTÉ2 7-30pm

Started by drici, October 04, 2012, 12:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: stew on October 05, 2012, 03:36:15 PM
If............and it's a bif if Armagh can beat Monaghan away I think we can make the UF, great draw for Armagh altogather and it is great to see Tyrone and Down having to deal with the AI champions.  ;D

We will see what PG is capable of, hopefully he can bring a strong panel together and the Og's bate Cross in the county final, that way we will have our best players for the national league.

IF ye get to play Monaghan it will be in the Ulster semi and so should be a neutral venue. First you need to beat Cavan in breffni and fermanagh in armagh.

armaghniac

If we get Fermanagh in Armagh we'll let them go ahead and then knock in a couple of goals at the end.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 05, 2012, 11:51:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2012, 10:13:30 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 05, 2012, 12:55:51 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on October 05, 2012, 09:55:29 AM
Well we got us as tough a draw as you can get in Connacht so Breheny & co can't complain about our easy path this year! Some Mayomen don't seem to be too worried but I am. Maybe it's jusy a sour taste from the All Ireland final but stats wise we haven't put three provincial titles together since doing four in a row from 1948-51. Also with Galway up in the first match I just have memories of 1998/2005/2007 stuck in my head which doesn't fill me full of confidence. Also if we beat them then we have the Rossies waiting to put the boot in and in fairness they do owe us a beating at this stage ;). We will just have to seen how the team shapes up during the league which will hopefully be a strong campaign like this year and then take it from there but anyone saying it's a cake walk for us because we are ahead of the rest of the teams out west could be in for a rude awakening!
I don't think many would consider this a cakewalk but if we are to mount a serious challenge for Sam, Galway will have to be swept aside. That's by no means a certainty.
Don't know what the FBD and the league are going to throw up but right now, I'd say we should be able to handle the heron chokers handily enough.
"There's many a slip twixt cup and lip" and all that.
Unless another Pearse Hanley is unearthed from the u21s, I can't see JH making many changes to his starting fifteen. Fans can argue all they want but he'll go with the side that lined out against Sligo and Down with one exception if Andy is back to form -- Conroy would be in for Doherty.

Can t agree. Andy back and at least 2-3 other changes a must. We ve been poor at 6 and 11 all year eg.

Not a lover of the All-Star thingy but it must be some kind of record that a team that reached the AI final doesnt get a nomination for the ff line. A condemning stat that.

We need at least 3 players to come along that are better than lads that were starting this year. According to an insider we need 5!
I know but I also said:
Fans can argue all they want but he'll go with the side that lined out against Sligo and Down...."
Our James is not for turning when his mind is made up.

I dunno about that. Losing an AI in the manner we did will have changed his mind about some things. As I ve said elsewhere i believe if he could go back again he would do things a bit different. He had big changes from 2011 to 2012. I expect there ll be more.