Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pub Bore

Thon was brutal. Is it obligatory to enter the championship? The worst I've seen Antrim in quite a long time. Waste of money

BrendanAntrim

I really think the Tailteann Cup be a waste of time for us. What's the point?

Pub Bore

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 23, 2022, 07:15:14 PM
I really think the Tailteann Cup be a waste of time for us. What's the point?

Yep, I think so. Hard to see any positives from today. We looked like a bottom Div 4 team.

geezer

The biggest concern for me was the difference in the conditioning, those Cavan lads are in serious shape and Antrim looked nowhere near them in terms of sheer size and strength.

Ricky Johnston was a massive miss and unfortunately we dont have an able replacement for full back. Marty surely should have slotted in there? Was he injured?

Ryan Murray the only forward we had today, took some class scores. Mcaleese, mcaleer, stewart and byrne the only other players who made some sort of impact.

Pub Bore

I think the management must share some of the blame. Antrim looked like they turned up to play a challenge match. They looked totally unprepared. I think the county board should front up and tell us how much money was invested in that utter shambles.

Milltown Row2

Jesus! We're do you start? 23 minutes (with wind) before we had a shot, 2 man fullforward line against lads that physically were all over us, last ten minutes we push up and score 7 points?

Second half starts back to 2 man full forwards, I'm all for players being able to play anywhere on the pitch, but I'd no clue where our lads were playing.

Hopefully Roger didn't lose too much money
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Flanker

Don't wish to be a smart ass but does anyone have any idea what we were trying to do in the first 20/25 minutes.
I get they decided to concede the kick out with wind advantage (puzzling) .. but what was suppose to happen next... Congest the middle third and stem the running game... drop the sweepers in and stop the kick pass into the ff line.... or was it something more sophisticated.
It looked like total confusion with no one knowing what there role was... Marking, sweeping, pressing.... They ran through us... found forwards in half an acre of space... managed to have their own sweeper(s) ... didn't need the keeper to provide support for the running game
Whatever about getting beaten the setup was shambolic at best. At least last year against Armagh although well beaten you could see a little bit of shape in what they were doing. A 13 point hammering

Champion The Wonder Horse

Fck me lads. That was absolutely shocking.

Thank Christ for the Bann.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Flanker on April 23, 2022, 10:06:25 PM
Don't wish to be a smart ass but does anyone have any idea what we were trying to do in the first 20/25 minutes.
I get they decided to concede the kick out with wind advantage (puzzling) .. but what was suppose to happen next... Congest the middle third and stem the running game... drop the sweepers in and stop the kick pass into the ff line.... or was it something more sophisticated.
It looked like total confusion with no one knowing what there role was... Marking, sweeping, pressing.... They ran through us... found forwards in half an acre of space... managed to have their own sweeper(s) ... didn't need the keeper to provide support for the running game
Whatever about getting beaten the setup was shambolic at best. At least last year against Armagh although well beaten you could see a little bit of shape in what they were doing. A 13 point hammering

Perfect analysis. The players looked like they hadn't a clue what they were supposed to be doing. It really would be good to hear some explanation for this performance. Like what was supposed to be the plan?

rogercasement

Let's all be honest which one of us isn't glad that our county lads can now play club football. Let the proper games begin!! Ps I'd say when tailteann Cup comes around half those players won't be there.
PPS come on casements

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on April 23, 2022, 10:43:29 PM
Let's all be honest which one of us isn't glad that our county lads can now play club football. Let the proper games begin!! Ps I'd say when tailteann Cup comes around half those players won't be there.
PPS come on casements

Is this a joke?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

erinsboy

That is a shocking statistic 23 minutes before we got a shot with a good wind behind us . What a shockingly bad performance and like many I had great hope going up to the match which is very rare for many Antrim geals going to watch our footballers in a championship match.Again shocking.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 23, 2022, 10:46:28 PM
On the management. The debate was had at the time of his appointment but it was futile. His supporters dug in and backed their man all the way. He knew how to win as a player. He knows what a good setup looks like etc etc.

Louth went for Mickey Harte and appear to have kicked on. We went for a boy who did a locka months in Swatragh.

Have you ever done a locka months in Swatragh?
Until you have, don't doubt McGinley's undoubted abilities.

bannside

Worst Antrim performance in a championship in my lifetime. Embarrassed to be a Saffron tonight - a 13 point defeat by a division 4 team - that could have been 20!

Yea MR, bring on the club scene, nothing else to see here.