Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: rogercasement on January 28, 2022, 11:14:23 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 28, 2022, 11:12:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2022, 11:06:06 PM

Black taxi
Quote from: JimStynes on January 28, 2022, 10:56:24 PM
Wouldn't get too carried away lads. Sure it's only Macrory cup football, it's not that important  ::)

Did your lads no good  ;)

Antrim could maybe put on a few buses and start bringing all the good footballers from Antrim to the good football schools in the different counties. Run a wee taxi bus from Belfast if they could fill it.

Probably wouldn't even need a black taxi if Belfast don't get their act together.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2022, 04:26:12 PM
As much as football is the main sport in the SW, hurling will be the sport that has and will be for a while to come number one in St Louis, St Mary's and Cross and Passion.

I never knew St. Louis was a hurling school. I never really hear them winning much. I thought it was mainly Maghera and St Mary's Belfast who were the usual suspects for finals.

Dreen

You're  taking the piss Jim, I suppose Oran Kearney has all the cross and passion lads playing soccer not hurling.

Cross and passion have really stepped up their work in hurling and camogie and Saint Louis have improved in the last 10 years with Dunloy input having helped. Around 10 of Dunloys winning team this year were past pupils of St Louis

JimStynes

Quote from: Dreen on January 28, 2022, 11:33:28 PM
You're  taking the piss Jim, I suppose Oran Kearney has all the cross and passion lads playing soccer not hurling.

Cross and passion have really stepped up their work in hurling and camogie and Saint Louis have improved in the last 10 years with Dunloy input having helped. Around 10 of Dunloys winning team this year were past pupils of St Louis

Not sure if it's true or not but from what I read on google, St. Louis have 1 title since 1990? I thought they would have favoured football over hurling in that school.

Saffrongael

St Louis getting Loughgiel players now which I'm not sure historically would ever have been the case, but getting Loughgiel & Dunloy minors is some start to putting a team together
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Dreen

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2022, 07:19:46 AM
Quote from: Dreen on January 28, 2022, 11:33:28 PM

Not sure if it's true or not but from what I read on google, St. Louis have 1 title since 1990? I thought they would have favoured football over hurling in that school.

They are competing for success a lot better than they would have been historically but the Dunloy and Loughgiel players the main reason for that

I played Mageean hurling there and that said something of the standard at that time

country bumpkin

Big win for the Saffrons......changes a plenty before easing  over the line with a good bit to spare....perfect start.

1-14 to 0-08

rogercasement

JimStynes

Great start! And seemed easy enough at the end. Were you on the line CB?

rogercasement

Wasn't there but a friend was, messaging me during it, he has been following Antrim for years, said it was fittest Antrim team he has ever seen. Well done lads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on January 29, 2022, 09:18:33 PM
Wasn't there but a friend was, messaging me during it, he has been following Antrim for years, said it was fittest Antrim team he has ever seen. Well done lads.

He was asking CB
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2022, 09:19:58 PM

I wasn't replying to him mr2  I was stating a fact.
Just like your refereeing not seeing the overall play.

He was asking CB

bannside

5/2 double Antrim and Derry. Money for oul rope.  Great start to the league, well deserved, Cargin men to the fore, with Mick the master and big shout out to wee Jamie who was superb. More feedback later, in Pat's Bar Enniskillen for a bite and a pint.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on January 29, 2022, 09:38:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2022, 09:19:58 PM

I wasn't replying to him mr2  I was stating a fact.
Just like your refereeing not seeing the overall play.

He was asking CB

What a bizarre attack, he wasn't asking you but you stated fact then questioned my refereeing?  Very strange indeed. Carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on January 29, 2022, 09:41:32 PM
5/2 double Antrim and Derry. Money for oul rope.  Great start to the league, well deserved, Cargin men to the fore, with Mick the master and big shout out to wee Jamie who was superb. More feedback later, in Pat's Bar Enniskillen for a bite and a pint.
Didn't get down but listened to radio coverage, Jamie seemed to be very influential. What a morale boosting win, McGinleys preparations for this season seem to be at another level than we're used to. Great to see.