Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

I'd be happier with that CB ..if that's the case..at least that was Adams call (if true). I had heard a different version - always best to check out the facts.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2022, 07:03:35 PM
I'd be happier with that CB ..if that's the case..at least that was Adams call (if true). I had heard a different version - always best to check out the facts.

Heard that from a very dependable source BS......Mc Ginley/Stephen O' Neill not that stupid....

Was the young lad not repeating his final year.....?

bannside

Fair enough CB. One of the best young talents in the county is Adam. Hopefully we will see him in Saffron again in the not too distant future.

JimStynes

Rumour that Country Bumpkin is on the management team!

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on January 26, 2022, 08:37:54 PM
Rumour that Country Bumpkin is on the management team!

Have you visited the Oracle at Delphi JS...., or were you busy listening to idle gossip......?

Milltown Row2

Good that we've got someone to give us the inside information
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Thank God for CB, as you would some on hear spreading untruths and undermining the management.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on January 27, 2022, 09:22:22 AM
Thank God for CB, as you would some on hear spreading untruths and undermining the management.

Its the detail and facts that he provides, uncanny, certainly a knack for sorta stuff, wasted on an auld discussion board, should be out there with Jerome doing the commentating on the games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Always good to check the facts. CB is 100% correct, Adam left of his own accord to concentrate on his final year studies in UCD. I wasn't sure, that's why I was keen to get this particular point cleared up.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 09:26:31 AM

Its the detail and facts that he provides, uncanny, certainly a knack for sorta stuff, wasted on an auld discussion board, should be out there with Jerome doing the commentating on the games

Don' think he would want that, he is to down to earth for that, but he certainly helping to intervene and stop posters spreading shite.

country bumpkin

My inquiring mind is a necessity.......even know and will soon relate the news that Galls have a new management team.

As to young Loughran, it is quite strange that a member if his own club has chosen not to involve himself with Antrim this year......one of the best young players in the county.
I asked why.....and got the answer.

Fcuk me it is our county team and am sure if one iis interested just ask and a reply will be forthcoming.

Probably time to ditch the PRO hat.......a

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 27, 2022, 09:40:56 AM

My inquiring mind is a necessity.......even know and will soon relate the news that Galls have a new management team.

Good man CB, I thought Sean Burns and Gary McGirr are taking St Galls, is that not right?

bannside

Can anyone with their finger on the pulse of University football got any idea which Antrim players are featuring. At first glance our representation looks very meagre indeed.

Adam came on sub for UCD, Dominic Mc Enhill got ten minutes for UUJ, and Patrick Finnegan got whole game for QUB. Not sure about the Ranch, how many (if any) Antrim players featured.

Who have I missed? Anyone able to fill in the blanks?

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on January 27, 2022, 10:38:13 AM
Can anyone with their finger on the pulse of University football got any idea which Antrim players are featuring. At first glance our representation looks very meagre indeed.

Adam came on sub for UCD, Dominic Mc Enhill got ten minutes for UUJ, and Patrick Finnegan got whole game for QUB. Not sure about the Ranch, how many (if any) Antrim players featured.

Who have I missed? Anyone able to fill in the blanks?

Think thats about right BS, Ronan Boyle and couple of others on Queens freshers team, dont think we have any on UU freshers from watching the game on Monday night. Very poor in terms of senior teams.

bannside

A paltry return and further evidence of a complete lack of progress on any of our juvenile coaching and development fronts. And of course it's not all their fault, schools and clubs too need to be looking at their underperforming roles in this sad state of affairs.

3 x No senior representatives. A far shout from the day QUB and UUJ faced off in the final up at the Dub and we had 7 starters and 4 subs across those two universities alone.

Our director of football has work to do.